Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Klitschko vs Adamek
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 25 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #11

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

ESPN is reporting it could be either Klit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 25 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2011, 11:32 PM) *
im sure adamek goes down fighting... thats all we can ask of him... he will TRY is the main thing and trying anything can happen...

Yep, a real fighter. God bless him.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 25 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 25 2011, 02:50 AM) *
I think Vitali would, Wlad would be in some serious shit in previous eras.

Adamek and Wlad are fighting in Poland in some stadium.

I've always thought that Wlad was the better boxer, while Vitaly is the better fighter.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 25 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2011, 04:13 PM) *
I've always thought that Wlad was the better boxer, while Vitaly is the better fighter.

Iv heard Wlad say as much before. Think it was when he was on Ringside on Sky sports. He was asked who was better out the two. He said Vitali, and said that was because Vitali was born a fighter whereas Wlad felt he had to learn to be a fighter.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jan 25 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

I have no idea why so many people seem to give Adamek any more of a chance than most of the bums the Klits fight. He looked like absolute shit against a fat arreola and was lucky to even get out of that fight, had it not been for Arreola's horrific conditioning, he would have gotten beat down ugly. He's a skilled fighter, but due to the sheer size issue...he has little chance of actually pulling off the upset with either Klit.

NOW ON TO THIS BS!

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2011, 02:17 AM) *
The Klits are definitly dominant HOF fighters who quite possibly would have dominated any era of boxing due to their unique size and athletic ability.

How can you type that? Based on what? They have dominated a GOD AWFUL HW division. Vitali lost to a couple of the last remnants of that division of the 90's...one to Byrd, the other to Lewis...and I'm not even taking the crap losses by Wlad into account.....yet you are going to tell me they would have "dominated" in the same fashion with the likes of Mercer, Holy, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Byrd, Morrison, Foreman, Holmes, Rudduck, Moorer, Tua, Tucker, Bruno, McCall, etc????

No F'N way.....no doubt they get wins..but they get losses to to a few on that list as well....and you can do the same comparison to other HW era's as well.

There is no way you can allow yourself in to being taken in by their supposed dominance in THIS era....because this is the worst EVER...that's a fact....not even the once rediculed division of the early 80's touches this one.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 25 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 25 2011, 12:24 PM) *
I have no idea why so many people seem to give Adamek any more of a chance than most of the bums the Klits fight. He looked like absolute shit against a fat arreola and was lucky to even get out of that fight, had it not been for Arreola's horrific conditioning, he would have gotten beat down ugly. He's a skilled fighter, but due to the sheer size issue...he has little chance of actually pulling off the upset with either Klit.

NOW ON TO THIS BS!

How can you type that? Based on what? They have dominated a GOD AWFUL HW division. Vitali lost to a couple of the last remnants of that division of the 90's...one to Byrd, the other to Lewis...and I'm not even taking the crap losses by Wlad into account.....yet you are going to tell me they would have "dominated" in the same fashion with the likes of Mercer, Holy, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Byrd, Morrison, Foreman, Holmes, Rudduck, Moorer, Tua, Tucker, Bruno, McCall, etc????

No F'N way.....no doubt they get wins..but they get losses to to a few on that list as well....and you can do the same comparison to other HW era's as well.

There is no way you can allow yourself in to being taken in by their supposed dominance in THIS era....because this is the worst EVER...that's a fact....not even the once rediculed division of the early 80's touches this one.

As far as Adamek dont forget his fight with grant... grant had chances in that fight he just couldnt take advantage of them... which by the way made me think how good he could have become had his team not pushed him so hard and allowed him to really blossom as a fighter... he had all the physical skill needed to become a good solid heavyweight and seemed on the right course... same thing after the lewis fight... he took his shot, got bombed out... he should have continued on... who knew the division would get so dismal... lol... he would have had a chance to hold a strap had he stayed active...

man i take comments like that bout the klits like this... every generation has their dominant heavyweight champ they love... mine was a mixture of first holmes then later tyson in my early teens... if that is indeed his case i dont knock their opinions its just a lack most of the time of not knowing what came before and not knowing the full history of the sport... take iron mike for instance... he is my great heavyweight fighter... but i know the history and i can name several fighters that either beat him at his best or give good fights to him at his prime fighting best.. but ive studied all the greats since i was a little kid... i read all kinds of books and every thing i could on them coming up... just a thought... lol... and of course as i always say... my opinion on that subject... oh and for the record I think larry holmes could possibly be the greatest heavy of all time... my greatest list differs from a lot of others list... lol..

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jan 25 2011, 01:40 PM

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jan 25 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Adamek is a durable heavyweight with lots of heart but his fight with Grant exposed some of the things I noticed against both Estrada and Arreola. He wasnt even a great boxer at cruiserweight, getting the job done due to his relentless pressure and ability to take punishment. Credit must be given for how he has switched his game and now uses quick feet to aid in boxing the larger opponents. I think he gets eaten alive by Wlad, Vitali and Haye for different reasons and I would bet Eddie Chambers beats him too.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 25 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2011, 11:13 AM) *

He might not be textbook but I like him as the better boxer too

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 25 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 25 2011, 06:24 PM) *
That's the thing, that sentence can pretty much apply to any opponent the Klitscko's fight, so I don't know why people like yourself and others get so worked up about it. I could replace Adamek in that sentence with Toney, Holyfield or Arreola and just about anyone, and that sentence can apply for them as well.
It's because nobody is head and shoulders above the rest. Nobody is miles ahead where they deserve a shot more than another. So just let it be. They all suck and it doesn't really matter who the opponent is going to be.

Pretty much, the disparity between the top 2 fighters and the rest of the division is too great. You combine that with how weak the division is and you can't expect shit from it. The only thing to look forward to now is hoping a fighter will try to beat Wlad or Vitali instead of just collecting a paycheck and trying to avoid getting stopped.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jan 25 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 26 2011, 12:24 AM) *
That's the thing, that sentence can pretty much apply to any opponent the Klitscko's fight, so I don't know why people like yourself and others get so worked up about it. I could replace Adamek in that sentence with Toney, Holyfield or Arreola and just about anyone, and that sentence can apply for them as well.
It's because nobody is head and shoulders above the rest. Nobody is miles ahead where they deserve a shot more than another. So just let it be. They all suck and it doesn't really matter who the opponent is going to be.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 26 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Pretty much, the disparity between the top 2 fighters and the rest of the division is too great. You combine that with how weak the division is and you can't expect shit from it. The only thing to look forward to now is hoping a fighter will try to beat Wlad or Vitali instead of just collecting a paycheck and trying to avoid getting stopped.

Pretty much!!

In regards to comparing both Adamek & Haye's chances against the Klits? Both a small un-natural heavyweights but both posses more skills than the rest of the division. But I think Adamek is more durable, tougher and will fight more, whereas Hayes mouth and belt won't help him inside the ring.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:45 AM