Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering the "Viper", Vernon Forrest
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Fellas, what was your favorite Vernon fight? My would be his two fights with Shane at WW and oddly enough his two losses against Ricardo Mayorga . I think Vernon would still be in the mix at LMW. I would love to see him fight some of these guys out now including Mayweather, he would be around 43, actually he would probably be retired but around the time of his death he was making a nice little come back. I think he would at least fought three or four more times before retiring. He was a cool talent. I heard he was a cool cat. Fucking Atlanta thugs...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 10 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2014, 11:48 AM) *
Fellas, what was your favorite Vernon fight? My would be his two fights with Shane at WW and oddly enough his two losses against Ricardo Mayorga . I think Vernon would still be in the mix at LMW. I would love to see him fight some of these guys out now including Mayweather, he would be around 43, actually he would probably be retired but around the time of his death he was making a nice little come back. I think he would at least fought three or four more times before retiring. He was a cool talent. I heard he was a cool cat. Fucking Atlanta thugs...

Death to the maggots who killed Vernon... one of my favorite fighters. His compassion for individuals with special needs was admirable. I felt he won the mayorga rematch....

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jul 10 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

respect to the fallen warrior. my favorite fight of his was mosley 1. the way the took control with his jab and the body attack was crazy.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 10 2014, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

I love watching Forrest fight too, I thought it was a little careless of him to go running after those guys who did what they did to him though. My favorite fight of his was the first one with Shane, I remember telling my friends (who thought Shane was all that) that he was going to own Mosley but they said I was crazy but after that first shot that Shane called "The Woo Punch" (he called it that because he said whenever Vernon threw it he'd miss and you'd go Woo) landed and stunned Mosley they woke up and started to believe.

I would've loved to see him hang around and fight some of the guys just starting to get a name at WW.

R.I.H. Vernon Forrest, you are truly missed.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jul 10 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Rest in peace The Viper, one of the best boxers I've got a chance to have witnessed. The guy had one of the best jabs I have ever seen in boxing. A great fuckin' jab,an excellent pure boxer, a punishment filled right hand, very tactical and patient. He was intelligent, great at spacing his opponents, and uncanny with his timings. Sadly, he was style wise suspected to fall to guys who are awkward and wild with lots of pressure(Ricardo Mayorga).

Fave fight will always be the the second fight with Shane. He proved the first wasn't a fluke and it was although closer but still decisive. I liked the fact that he kept his composure against a future HOF who went on to gain belts again at welter, first to stop The Tijuana Tornado, gave a prime Cotto everything and more, beat Oscar twice*,and even was closest since Judah to legitimately drop Mayweather.

Damn the coward who killed him and damn the person who born them. The Viper was a great person and a awesome boxer who was plagued with injuries and took away from the sport too soon.

Rest Viper, rest well.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 11 2014, 06:21 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Vernon was a good dude. The incident happened not to far from my old crib. Favorite fights were the Mosley fights. Those along with the Mayorga fights, put him on the map. I thought V won the 2nd Mayorga fight for the record.

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Jul 11 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

The win over Sergio Mora in their rematch was EXTREMELY satisfying to me, if only from a principle standpoint. So sad that was his last fight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:50 AM