> Floyd Back With His Dad
Dolimite
post Feb 16 2013, 09:29 AM
Post #31

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 15 2013, 11:28 PM) *
Yea but dlh won rounds based mostly on activity. Cotto was (and always does) doing a good job of timing his jab and disrupting floyds rhythm. I honestly don't see guerrero doing that, has turned more into a phone booth type brawler since his long layoff. He used to box a bit but now he just lives in his opponents chest which I think maybe his downfall if he fights Floyd. He may rough mayweather up but he busts up real easy and I think floyds shots in the pocket will eventually be too much for him.

I swear De La Hoya gased out during that fight. I was so pissed! I was going for Floyd all the way but just for once I wanted Oscar to just show that he had will power to win. Cotto wasn't intimidated by Mayweather and I think it helped in the fight, I honestly believe Margarito took too much from him mentally. Cotto has heart and boxing IQ and it is amazing people are calling him shot! By the way the news is that Floyd is officially ducking Guerrero. Wow and Oprah is poor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 17 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #32

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Guerrero did not have an easy time with Berto and was getting his head lifted up and back with shots. His holding and hitting style will not work against Floyd... he is going to get overwhelmed if the fight happens... He does not present the same types of problems Ortiz presented-- He may pull a page out of Ortiz's head butt book in this one---Guerrero is lucky-- really has not done shit and gets a fight with Floyd... he is blessed.. LMAO

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Feb 17 2013, 12:22 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 17 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 14 2013, 07:38 AM) *
Well, it appears that Floyd Mayweather Sr. will be training his son for the upcoming May 4th bout.

What are your thoughts on this development ?

At this point Floyd Jr needs to just listen to his Father and not get into petty arguments about what he is supposed to do once he steps in the ring, he (Jr) has to realize that although Sr is his father that he is also his Trainer of whom he should and must listen to. Unlike Roger, Sr will have valid things to say to Jr when he is in there fighting/between rounds, he will tell Floyd what he sees and what to correct and what to capitalize on.

I think this could be a good thing for little Floyd but if he fights with his dad then this will turn into tragedy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 17 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #34

Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 17 2013, 01:26 PM) *
At this point Floyd Jr needs to just listen to his Father and not get into petty arguments about what he is supposed to do once he steps in the ring, he (Jr) has to realize that although Sr is his father that he is also his Trainer of whom he should and must listen to. Unlike Roger, Sr will have valid things to say to Jr when he is in there fighting/between rounds, he will tell Floyd what he sees and what to correct and what to capitalize on.

I think this could be a good thing for little Floyd but if he fights with his dad then this will turn into tragedy.

I don't see that happening. Floyd knows his father knows a lot about boxing. He has listened to him before during fights so why wouldn't he listen to him now. Roger gives great advice "keep doing what you doing" lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 17 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 17 2013, 10:10 PM) *
I don't see that happening. Floyd knows his father knows a lot about boxing. He has listened to him before during fights so why wouldn't he listen to him now. Roger gives great advice "keep doing what you doing" lol

hey if it aint broke dont fix it lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 17 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 17 2013, 04:10 PM) *

Like you, I hope it doesn't happen but let's not forget that they almost came to blows a couple of months back into 2012 and both have egos bigger than Mt. St. Helens.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 16 2013, 07:11 AM) *
Poor performance ?

i know the spin doctors and judges only gave cotto 2 rounds....i had him winning at least 4...at the most 5. you don't make excuses for great performances.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 15 2013, 10:06 PM) *
Interesting, I think the bar is set high. Hell Floyd lost rounds against De La Hoya. I mean Cotto is still a dangerous fighter. I thought it was a very good scrap and it showed Floyd has heart and some fight in him. i enjoyed it!

that scoring was bullshit in the dlh fight. i thought floyd won 9 to 3. dlh threw a lot of punches but very few landed. i thought floyd carried him in an attempt to get the rematch. no doubt cotto was still dangerous when floyd fought him. i think trout has de-fanged and de-clawed him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 20 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #39

Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 11:50 AM) *
that scoring was bullshit in the dlh fight. i thought floyd won 9 to 3. dlh threw a lot of punches but very few landed. i thought floyd carried him in an attempt to get the rematch. no doubt cotto was still dangerous when floyd fought him. i think trout has de-fanged and de-clawed him.

You gave Oscar 3 rounds? You were more generous than I was. I gave him 2. He gassed out and not only that but he did not make Mayweather work. Floyd was hitting him at will and even saw where Oscar's punches were coming from and to make things worse, Oscar never used his sizes to his advantage! Most of his punches were blocked and even worse this dude GASSED out! How does that happen? Floyd boxed beautifully even though Oscar's HBO fan boys said differently! Sucks for HBO now doesn't it?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 20 2013, 02:33 PM) *
You gave Oscar 3 rounds? You were more generous than I was. I gave him 2. He gassed out and not only that but he did not make Mayweather work. Floyd was hitting him at will and even saw where Oscar's punches were coming from and to make things worse, Oscar never used his sizes to his advantage! Most of his punches were blocked and even worse this dude GASSED out! How does that happen? Floyd boxed beautifully even though Oscar's HBO fan boys said differently! Sucks for HBO now doesn't it?

yes...i was being generous. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

it's more tiring to miss than to land. that's why oscar gassed.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:24 AM