1. a)floyd mayweather b)Rigondeaux
2. andre ward
3. adrien broner
4. juan manuel marquez
5. nonito donaire
6. austin trout
7. tim bradley
8. devon alexander
9. gary russell jr (needs to fight better comp to prove his skill)

What about Terrence Crawford? He has some serious skill. Also bhop obviously.

This post has been edited by Aware: Apr 16 2013, 12:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 16 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #12

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 16 2013, 12:56 AM) *
2. andre ward
3. adrien broner
4. juan manuel marquez
5. nonito donaire
6. austin trout
7. devon alexander
8. tim bradley

Mayweather and Rigondeaux arent on the same level. The difference between the two is offensive firepower. During the Donaire fight Rig could of went in for the kill. He should of start hitting him with more left leads. He waited to late to try step his foot on the gas. He definitely does remind of may though.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Apr 16 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 16 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Mayweather and Rigondeaux arent on the same level. The difference between the two is offensive firepower. During the Donaire fight Rig could of went in for the kill. He should of start hitting him with more left leads. He waited to late to try step his foot on the gas. He definitely does remind of may though.

First of all Donaire was at least two weight classes above Rigondeaux. Did you see how much bigger he was? Did you see how Mayweather fought De La Hoya? Somebody that was bigger and stronger. He didn't go for the kill. Just out smarted and out skilled him. In my opinion Rigondeaux is on Mayweather's level. He did things that I've never seen before. Mayweather has been my favorite fighter for the last 8 years and before that Whitaker. Now it is Rigondeaux.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 16 2013, 12:57 AM
Post #14

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 16 2013, 01:20 AM) *
First of all Donaire was at least two weight classes above Rigondeaux. Did you see how much bigger he was? Did you see how Mayweather fought De La Hoya? Somebody that was bigger and stronger. He didn't go for the kill. Just out smarted and out skilled him. In my opinion Rigondeaux is on Mayweather's level. He did things that I've never seen before. Mayweather has been my favorite fighter for the last 8 years and before that Whitaker. Now it is Rigondeaux.

Well you definitely entitled to your opinion. Delahoya put up decent fight with mayweather had him on the ropes just like cotto didnt do to much. Defense is impeccable. Rigo wasn't on the ropes at all in the fight. he fought a beautiful fight. but Mayweather offensive game is ridiculous because he beat delahoya and cotto at their own game plan.

Rigo beat Donaire like how Trout beat Cotto with more speed, defense, and precision.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Apr 16 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 16 2013, 01:57 AM) *
Well you definitely entitled to your opinion. Delahoya put up decent fight with mayweather had him on the ropes just like cotto didnt do to much. Defense is impeccable. Rigo wasn't on the ropes at all in the fight. he fought a beautiful fight. but Mayweather offensive game is ridiculous because he beat delahoya and cotto at their own game plan.

Rigo beat Donaire like how Trout beat Cotto with more speed, defense, and precision.

I really factor in elegance when considering which fighter has the most skill. For example, Andre Ward is exceptionally skilled, but he's just not as elegant as Mayweather or Rigondeaux. When I saw that move I described in my post, I realized Rigondeaux was on Mayweather's level.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2013, 05:10 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Floyd Mayweather
Rigondeaux & Andre ward, they've both more or less cleaned out there weight class and are top dog there, they need to move up, Ward may edge this for fighting Dawson but Dawson was clearly drained
Juan Manuel Marquez
Adrien Broner (needs to fight more people)
Tim Bradley
Austin Trout
Devon Alexander
Nonito Donaire

gary russell jr - haven't seen enough of him

I make my list by how they've showcased there skill against other fighters. It's why JMM is ahead of Broner etc.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 16 2013, 06:51 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 16 2013, 12:07 AM) *

I agree with that 100%!! It's amazing how fast people have moved him up based on one fight, he still has to face more elites in order for us to determine if he's on that level.

Sure Rigo has the wrinkles but he gets knocked down and that's something Floyd has not had happen (officially, I thought Zab knocked him down legitmately) but until we see how other fighters bring it to Rigo and how he reacts especially if he decides to move up (something Money has done with all success).

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 16 2013, 07:00 AM
Post #18

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 16 2013, 12:56 AM) *
2. andre ward
3. adrien broner
4. juan manuel marquez
5. nonito donaire
6. austin trout
7. tim bradley
8. devon alexander

Crawford is definitely a candidate for this list and no way in hell BRONER OR DEVON ALEXANDER MORE SKILLED THAN HOPKINS... HOPKINS BELONGS AFTER FLOYD...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 16 2013, 01:00 PM) *
Crawford is definitely a candidate for this list and no way in hell BRONER OR DEVON ALEXANDER MORE SKILLED THAN HOPKINS... HOPKINS BELONGS AFTER FLOYD...

I think its a selective list those guys aren't all top ten

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 16 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Floyd
Hopkins
Andre
Rigo
JMM
Trout
Broner
GRJ
Nonito
Bradley
Devon

First 4 spots are easy I guess, but from 5 to 8 you can switch and all

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:30 AM