IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lights Out Phoney says he's back!!, How many of yall believe this???
VJones
post Apr 9 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #11

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 9 2013, 08:43 AM) *
This guy pisses me off so much because to be completely honest, I've always been a BIG fan of his. I LOVE his boxing technique and skill. He just does not take himself serious enough in terms of his dedication to the sport. His disrespecting his own skill and the sport by coming into fights in that condition. Skill wise, he IS better than every single heavyweight in the sport. However, you just can't come in looking like a glazed up Christmas ham and expect to beat any notable fighter...even if it is the heavyweight division. I'll tell you one thing though, I'd like his chances against guys like Mitchell if he got into anywhere near decent condition.

I (+1) this message. But I definitely think its over for him. Too many years of mistreating himself. I think his muscle memory has expired...

I used to find his interviews nearly as entertaining as his fights...and I'm such a sucker for a "comeback"...but I think it's fair to call the code on this one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 9 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Toney is probably one of my all time favorite fighter, he probably is my all time favorite fighter. But I really think he should hang em up or just do exhibition fights if he just wants to fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 9 2013, 10:13 AM) *
DAAAAMN !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) "Tits Out" Toney...

He really is at 220 again ? One would think dropping to 200 and actually looking like a boxer will change his approach...if there is any...

I'm almost ashamed to see what's become of Toney nowadays. Watching an interview of him slur and forget the ass-end of every sentence that came out of his mouth, was painful.

I don't wanna see this dude fight again. I saw his fight with RJJ again last week, and he's damn near the polar opposite of that today. His style is sloppy, to say the least. Watching him flop up and down, arm punch, and shoulder roll his way through a fight is disgusting.

I'm almost certain that he's just looking for that one big payday before he retires...IF that's gonna be enough to cover his debts and his "Gimme tha whole plate" diet.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 08:40 PM) *
I'm almost ashamed to see what's become of Toney nowadays. Watching an interview of him slur and forget the ass-end of every sentence that came out of his mouth, was painful.

I don't wanna see this dude fight again. I saw his fight with RJJ again last week, and he's damn near the polar opposite of that today. His style is sloppy, to say the least. Watching him flop up and down, arm punch, and shoulder roll his way through a fight is disgusting.

I'm almost certain that he's just looking for that one big payday before he retires...IF that's gonna be enough to cover his debts and his "Gimme tha whole plate" diet.

Remember the Land Of Wasted Opportunities or LOWO???? Well, he has a summer home there, that should be his primary and ONLY residence.

We need to revisit that post and add a few names.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #15

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Hey this doesn't look bad compared to Oliver McCall fighting again because he is. Maybe they should fight each other.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2013, 04:27 PM) *
Remember the Land Of Wasted Opportunities or LOWO???? Well, he has a summer home there, that should be his primary and ONLY residence.

We need to revisit that post and add a few names.

Yes! I juuuust found it! LOL

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...d+opportunities

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

James Toney: GWP (Gimme tha Whole Plate) Hwy, merge onto Punch Drunk Blvd, TWOLO

Derek Chisora: No Defense Drive, make a left onto "He Glassed Me" Avenue, TWOLO.

PS: I'd still watch Chisora fight to this day, but I think he never followed through with pre-fight nonsense, which actually got in his opponent's head (more so the Klitz bro).

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 13 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #18

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2013, 09:23 AM) *
James Toney: GWP (Gimme tha Whole Plate) Hwy, merge onto Punch Drunk Blvd, TWOLO

Derek Chisora: No Defense Drive, make a left onto "He Glassed Me" Avenue, TWOLO.

PS: I'd still watch Chisora fight to this day, but I think he never followed through with pre-fight nonsense, which actually got in his opponent's head (more so the Klitz bro).

Ha Ha Ha!!!! There it is!!!

James Toney: 321 "I had the big breakfast" Way. Take a left on Man Titties Blvd, followed and a right on "Leon Spinks school of word articulation" Dr. runs you right into it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2013, 09:03 AM) *
Ha Ha Ha!!!! There it is!!!

James Toney: 321 "I had the big breakfast" Way. Take a left on Man Titties Blvd, followed and a right on "Leon Spinks school of word articulation" Dr. runs you right into it.

#DEAD

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That was a harsh jab at Leon Spinks, but hell, he's given a million other easy reasons to make fun of him for sport! LOL

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:03 PM