IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pac vs Marquez IIII (Preview and Poll), if your complaining just fuck off really...
Pacquiao-Marquez IV
Who Wins?
Pacquiao by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Marquez by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

checkleft
post Nov 20 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 15 2012, 03:52 PM) *
my official prediction:

as usual...the fans will cheer every time pac throws punches. he won't land shit but they'll cheer anyway. jmm will land all the telling blows. in the end everyone will be very disappointed. pac fans will think he won....jmm fans will think he won...arum will give us his usual spiel..."it was a close fight...yada, yada, yada." hbo's jim lampley and larry merchant will go on about how powerful manny is and how amazing his footwork will be. they'll have him winning along with lederman and unfortunately the late great emmanuel steward will not be there to attempt to balance things out and give us his classic "this went exactly as i thought it would go." instead we will have kellerman doing his watered down impression of larry merchant with dramatic pauses and everything.

pac will thank god, the peeepo ub da pilippines...kellerman will mention mayweather again and pac will give us the usual song and dance. if we're lucky, while kellerman is interviewing jmm post fight....marquez will break into a long over due "fuck pacquiao, fuck bob arum, fuck jim lampley you cheerleading piece of shit!, fuck larry merchant! you don't know shit about boxing, fuck hbo...i know i won, the fans know i won! u muthafuckas are full of shit and you can kiss my ass!" in perfect english and will slam the mic to the canvas before leaving the ring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

About Emmanuel, do you think his replacement, Roy Jones Jr will be there?? He has a nak for telling it how it is so I'm wondering if they would let him be on the telecast at all.. I would love to heat his commentator on a pacquiao fight, especially one where he is not looking very special.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 01:27 PM) *
About Emmanuel, do you think his replacement, Roy Jones Jr will be there?? He has a nak for telling it how it is so I'm wondering if they would let him be on the telecast at all.. I would love to heat his commentator on a pacquiao fight, especially one where he is not looking very special.

i hope so!!! it would be a great way to finally set the record straight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 15 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Great insight from our "Professor!" I still think Marquez will win, but might be going more with sentiment than the last fights. For the record, I had Manny winning the first fight, and Juan the second and third matches. All close. I think I had the first fight the widest for Manny something like 3-4 points, where the others were 1-3 points for Juan, because that HUGE 10-6 first round, was too hard to overcome for Marquez. And if Bert Clements hadn't mistakenly thought that "Nevada does not like 10-6 rounds," he would have scored that first round 10-6 as he should have, and Marquez could have won.

Professor's prediction is great! There and you don't have to pay $54.95 or whatever to find out!

Jack

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

thanks!

i'm actually revising my prediction. if what freddie is saying is true...and they plan on being more aggressive, i think that spells doom for pac. he isn't as young or as fast as he used to be. look for marquez to counter him more effectively this time around. i'm still keeping my 54.95! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 22 2012, 02:47 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Marquez looks freaking huge, and I'm pretty sure its not from drinking piss..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 23 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 22 2012, 03:47 AM) *
Marquez looks freaking huge, and I'm pretty sure its not from drinking piss..

could be the quail eggs and tossing rocks off the side of a mountain. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 23 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #46

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I just think,

That Manny might not be into the sport like he used to and may be more interested in being a Congressmen. He's slowing down. I think the Tim Bradley robbery could have taken something out of Manny. Marquez looks RIPPED! But I just think that this is still the same type of fighter who will produce the same kind of fight as the first three close matches. Marquez will always do enough to make it close, but not enough to dominate. This is going to be another 114-114 to 115-113 fight either way. How could it not be?

Will the sentiment of Manny not getting the decision against Bradley influence the judges in close rounds? Will Bob Arum and the marketability of Pacquiao to HBO influence the judges in close rounds? What's sad is that another close Pacquiao win, perhaps controversial will set the stage for them to keep doing this over and over again. Both of these guys are getting old. I think that if Pacquiao scores a knockdown he might get the decision no matter what. I will still take Marquez by SD, but this fight is too close on paper to bet.

If Marquez doesn't get the call this time, he'll just say "fuck it" and retire for good.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 24 2012, 01:11 AM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 23 2012, 02:32 PM) *
could be the quail eggs and tossing rocks off the side of a mountain. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I heard those quail eggs are great, I didn't mean to insinuating anything lol. I heard his new trainer/conditioning guy/ dietician has an awesome reputation.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 27 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

i got the strangest feeling that jmm is going to seriously beat pac this time around. he may even drop him a few times.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 27 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Talk about the pot calling the tea kettle black! Haha

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-if-marque...-his-ass--59816

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 27 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 27 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Talk about the pot calling the tea kettle black! Haha

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-if-marque...-his-ass--59816

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) what a shame...

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:03 PM