IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

37 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 2014 Saturday Night/Sig Bet Standings (Updates-See Page 1-Post 1), All predictions will be tallied up until years end.
Gambit808
post Feb 13 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Admin Note/Update:

This Signature Bet Thread is a wonderful idea! Three updates we will put in place:
  • The thread will be pinned up for easy access for the fights! Thanks to everyone's ideas for this thread!
  • We will be required to close the thread, no later than one half hour before fight time. (Or the start of a PPV countdown show.) Users should than post in the on-going round by round spoiler thread goes up for any fight. This is to prevent Fight Spoilers in this thread.
  • We will re-open this thread after the weekend has passed. If this thread is not opened back up by say Monday Night, send me or one of the mods a PM to open it. That would be Cshell, Mgrover, or Max Payne.
Thanks to all for their participation and help!

Jack

Administrator

Ok, so let me explain. I got an idea to create a sig bet standing that would tally up Right and Wrong (W) prediction through each sig bet forum created until years end. It was more-so to be apart of this annual FIGHTHYPE forum year end award that we do here, and it would be for recognition/bragging rights of who the better fight predictor is for the year. Then I figured, I'd add to it, so that more people's names on here would be involved to make things even more interesting.

So instead of just "Sig Bet's", each saturday night event starting March 1, I will take down each prediction made before the fights start (undercard included). There will be three columns for use. The 1st column will be tallied for the Right predictions. The 2nd column will be tallied for the Wrong (W) predictions. The 3rd column will be tallied for the "Sig Bet" (SB) predictions.

Here's how it will look:
Prediction Standings
Right=R, Wrong=W, Sig Bet (winner)=SB

(R0-W0-SB0)

LEAGUE RULES

1. You will gain +1 if your chosen fighter is concluded the winner WITHOUT predicting how the fight would result (split decision, unanimous decision, majority decision, KO/TKO, Draw, No Contest).

2. You will gain +2 if your chosen fighter is concluded the winner ALONG WITH predicting how the fight would result (split decision, unanimous decision, majority decision, KO/TKO, Draw, No Contest).

SIG BET/LEAGUE RULES

Losers not only take a "L" in the Prediction Standings, but the losers also have to sport an embarrassing signature/profile pic chosen by the "winners circle" for as long as a 3 week (minimum) period. The WINNERS have the opprotunity of gaining +2 points in there win column if there chosen pick is right WITHOUT predicting how the fight would result, and +3 points if there chosen pick is right ALONG WITH predicting how the fight would result.

So for the winners, here's how it'll look if your chosen pick is right WITHOUT a predicted result: (R1-W0-SB1) +2 points

If your chosen pick is right ALONG WITH a predicted result, it will look like this: (R2-W0-SB1) +3 points

ANYONE WHO SHARES A PREDICTION ON THE ACTUAL FIGHTS PREVIEW/POST, THAT NAME WILL BE ADDED AND TALLIED ONTO THE STANDINGS LIST. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE LIST, SIMPLY, LET IT BE KNOWN. ANYONE CAN JOIN.

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: May 24 2014, 05:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 13 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

sounds like a good idea

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 13 2014, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

im down. you gotta keep control of all this shit then. You gotta call the fights and make sure to add them in. I say just pick fights on the major ones, like showtime and HBo and PPV, no fnf or shobox. Were gona have enuff boxing with just mainstream networks we dont need all that other shit.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 13 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 13 2014, 02:50 PM) *
im down. you gotta keep control of all this shit then. You gotta call the fights and make sure to add them in. I say just pick fights on the major ones, like showtime and HBo and PPV, no fnf or shobox. Were gona have enuff boxing with just mainstream networks we dont need all that other shit.

That's exactly what this is about.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 13 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

I'm 1-2 on the year already I took Garcia over burgos Ortiz over collazo and bute over Pascal

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 13 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

What do you guys think of us doing the commentary for a fight?? Everybody tunes in to the same stream, one guy outta us commentates, or two even

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 13 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 13 2014, 07:56 PM) *
What do you guys think of us doing the commentary for a fight?? Everybody tunes in to the same stream, one guy outta us commentates, or two even

As long as no one does a Jim lampley impression I love it!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 14 2014, 01:41 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Im too down, March 8th will be very interesting.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2014, 09:23 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Not sure if I'm down...cant handle everybody knowing how many times I wrong with my predictions. Lol

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 17 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

march 1st - -- --- chavez vs vera, lomachenko vs salido, burns vs crawford
march 8th ---- ---santa cruz vs mijares, canelo vs angulo
march 15th ------garcia vs hererra, scott vs wilder
march 29th ------kovalev vs agnew
april 12th --------pac vs bradley

sig bets= pac vs brad, canelo vs angulo? try to sig bet 5050 fights right? maybe loma vs salido idk you tell me gambit

+Quote Post

37 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:33 AM