Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antonio Margarito
xxxxxx
post Oct 25 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

After watching the Pacman-Cotto 24/7 I started to think about Margarito and the fact that he got busted trying to cheat against Mosley. Does anyone really think this guy should be able to box again? I mean seriously, this guy had a plaster like substance in his wraps that turn to bricks during a fight. That has to be the worst offense you could commit in the sport of boxing. In my opinion I believe it's far greater than using performance enhancing drugs. Margarito has the style that could kill a fighter with that type of help. Think of Mosleys family here.What if something serious would have happened because of this. Boxing is already a dangerous sport, but to basicly have a brick like substance in your gloves is ridiculous. If you watch the way Cottos face got sliced up it really makes you wonder. If I was Cotto I wouldn't fight that fucker either. Why give money to a guy that most likely had a brick like substance in his gloves. If Bob Arum had any morals he would drop this guy to prove a point, but I know thats not gonna happen because Arum is a greedy bastard. Even if you watch the Paul Williams fight it makes you wonder. I think every boxer should stay away from Margarito just so this dude cant fight. What about the Cintron fights also? Makes you wonder how long this had been going on. All of the boxers that have commented on this say that you know what's in your gloves. In my opinion all of his victories are tainted. This guy should not be allowed to fight again. Period. What does everyone else think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 25 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 25 2009, 08:49 AM) *
After watching the Pacman-Cotto 24/7 I started to think about Margarito and the fact that he got busted trying to cheat against Mosley. Does anyone really think this guy should be able to box again? I mean seriously, this guy had a plaster like substance in his wraps that turn to bricks during a fight. That has to be the worst offense you could commit in the sport of boxing. In my opinion I believe it's far greater than using performance enhancing drugs. Margarito has the style that could kill a fighter with that type of help. Think of Mosleys family here.What if something serious would have happened because of this. Boxing is already a dangerous sport, but to basicly have a brick like substance in your gloves is ridiculous. If you watch the way Cottos face got sliced up it really makes you wonder. If I was Cotto I wouldn't fight that fucker either. Why give money to a guy that most likely had a brick like substance in his gloves. If Bob Arum had any morals he would drop this guy to prove a point, but I know thats not gonna happen because Arum is a greedy bastard. Even if you watch the Paul Williams fight it makes you wonder. I think every boxer should stay away from Margarito just so this dude cant fight. What about the Cintron fights also? Makes you wonder how long this had been going on. All of the boxers that have commented on this say that you know what's in your gloves. In my opinion all of his victories are tainted. This guy should not be allowed to fight again. Period. What does everyone else think?

personally id like to see him back in the mix... i look forward to seeing him get busted up again like what mosely did him...

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 25 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Though he probably does not deserve to fight again, the reality of it is that he is going to. So I guess atleast there will be another guy to throw in the welterweight mix. I am curious how the layoff and beatdown will affect him.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Oct 25 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

he should fight the rest of his fights against guys with the same plaster wraps he used

+Quote Post
salvador
post Oct 25 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 25 2009, 08:49 AM) *
In my opinion I believe it's far greater than using performance enhancing drugs. Margarito has the style that could kill a fighter with that type of help. Think of Mosleys family here.What if something serious would have happened because of this. Boxing is already a dangerous sport, but to basicly have a brick like substance in your gloves is ridiculous.

I'm not at all sure that it's worse than using performance enhancing drugs, which I believe Mosley clearly used (along with RJJ, who destroyed every opponent he had in the 90s). Marg used to be my fav fighter and I hate him for being such a piece of shit cheater, but I'm not sure that using loaded gloves is worse than making your body faster/harder hitting/more able to take a punch by using roids. Just look at the difference it made in baseball.

If Mosley used steriods (and really, just look at his face), then he's just as much of a piece of shit as Marg. Boxing is the very worst sport for cheating because the consequences are so dire. The sport needs to be regulated by honest comissions, but it's not. It really is tragic what is happening to our sport.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Oct 25 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 25 2009, 02:56 PM) *
I'm not at all sure that it's worse than using performance enhancing drugs, which I believe Mosley clearly used (along with RJJ, who destroyed every opponent he had in the 90s). Marg used to be my fav fighter and I hate him for being such a piece of shit cheater, but I'm not sure that using loaded gloves is worse than making your body faster/harder hitting/more able to take a punch by using roids. Just look at the difference it made in baseball.

If Mosley used steriods (and really, just look at his face), then he's just as much of a piece of shit as Marg. Boxing is the very worst sport for cheating because the consequences are so dire. The sport needs to be regulated by honest comissions, but it's not. It really is tragic what is happening to our sport.

The thing is that certain performance enhancing drugs in Baseball were legal at one time, but If my memory serves me correctly having a bricklike substance in your gloves has never been legal. I don't approve of either I'm just disgusted that Margarito is going to have a chance to make millions after this. It just dont make sense.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 25 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Margarito is fully worn....physically, mentally, AND spiritually.....the Cotto fight sent him downhill, and Mosley destroyed what was left....

I would liken him to the Castillo that got stopped by Hatton at this point....

and oh yeah...even though he doesn't deserve a fight...let alone a BIG fight....I would LOVE to see him get pounded out again.

+Quote Post
provo
post Oct 25 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,309

Margarito should be banned from boxing! And his record should be erased ,cotto and everyone who lost to this cheater,their loss should be erased, he is ful of shit to say he didn't know ' that is the biggest bullshit lie, u sit down with your hands out while your trainer wraps your hands!
Im mexican,he is a disgrace to the mexican fighters ,mexican fighters are known to go all out and be warriors in the ring , margarito is a fukn cheater they should make him fight with one hand behind his back so any other figther can beat the shit out of him,

I don't think he used plaster his whole carrer though I think he started using it the cintron fight , he dropped him hard with that body punch and of course he used it against cotto ,cotto was takin a knee them punches hurt
way to much...

FuCk Margarito!

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 25 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #9

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

Margarito was handicapped in there against Mosley. He didn't have his plaster while Mosley had his steroids. And we know what happened.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 25 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #10

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Oct 26 2009, 12:56 AM) *
Margarito was handicapped in there against Mosley. He didn't have his plaster while Mosley had his steroids. And we know what happened.

LOL! Plaster is a worse offense, IMHO. Because Mosley wasn't able to bust up Marg's face as bad as Marg was able to bust up/cut up/lacerated/etc. etc. Cotto's face

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:43 AM