Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Bradley on May 4?
xxxxxx
post Jan 21 2013, 06:19 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

I just read that a Mayweather-Bradley fight is being negotiated behind closed doors right now. If true I think this would be a fantastic matchup! They should put the Ghost against Broner on the undercard & also have Canelo in a meaningful fight there as well. What a card!!!

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jan 21 2013, 06:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 21 2013, 06:32 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Not happening. So many reasons...

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 21 2013, 07:56 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Mayweathers not going to be around forever and personally id like to see the brotha get the payday. But its not happening.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 21 2013, 08:48 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Beyond the fact that Arum would cut his dick off before doing business with Floyd, wouldnt this essentially PROVE Arum was ducking a Mayweather vs Manny fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 21 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

come on it's Arum am sure he's had a change of heart....

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 21 2013, 09:13 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 21 2013, 06:32 AM) *
Not happening. So many reasons...

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 21 2013, 07:56 AM) *
Mayweathers not going to be around forever and personally id like to see the brotha get the payday. But its not happening.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 21 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Beyond the fact that Arum would cut his dick off before doing business with Floyd, wouldnt this essentially PROVE Arum was ducking a Mayweather vs Manny fight.

All of this. I'm not saying its not possible but its very very very very unlikely

I think it could be an interesting fight tho.

But it has about a snowballs chance in hell of happening, but as my favorite teacher would say "sometimes life shits in your cornflakes" so you never know what's gonna happen.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Here is the thing, Arum can give a two shits a shade about Timmy. Arum doesn't seem concern what direction Bradley's career is going. He hasn't fought since his fight with Manny. I could see this happening just so Arum can get Bradley out of his scalp. He knows Bradley will probably lose, I mean Tim isn't marketable, he has 0 personality and to be honest I do not think Arum likes him especially after Bradley told Arum to screw himself with the Peterson fight. And you know Arum would not be paying Bradley top dollar,so I can see how this would happen. I am not saying it will but I can see how it can. It would be a great undercard: Zab vs. Guerrero, Broner vs. Josesito Lopez, and Alvarez versus Devon Alexander and May versus Tim.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 21 2013, 10:48 AM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

I like the idea but I'm just not willing to drink the Kool-ade on this one. The Bobfather ain't no fool!

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 21 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Bradley isnt Manny or Rios. He doesnt have a huge following. I could see Arum renting Bradley out for one fight with Floyd. He gets Bradleys face on the big stage with Floyd. Win or lose its a win for Arum. Now there are bigger fights for Floyd such as Canelo, Guerrero, etc... which is why I think the fight wont happen. Not to mention he would get less than zero credit for the win. "Bradleys been inactive. Bradley lost to Pacquiao. Whoopty whoop whoop."

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 21 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #10

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Here is the thing, Arum can give a two shits a shade about Timmy. Arum doesn't seem concern what direction Bradley's career is going. He hasn't fought since his fight with Manny. I could see this happening just so Arum can get Bradley out of his scalp. He knows Bradley will probably lose, I mean Tim isn't marketable, he has 0 personality and to be honest I do not think Arum likes him especially after Bradley told Arum to screw himself with the Peterson fight. And you know Arum would not be paying Bradley top dollar,so I can see how this would happen. I am not saying it will but I can see how it can. It would be a great undercard: Zab vs. Guerrero, Broner vs. Josesito Lopez, and Alvarez versus Devon Alexander and May versus Tim.

If that "Snowball chance in hell" chance that this fight happens, no matter how small the possibility is, the above is the reason why. Good post!

Jack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:57 PM