Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner better get FLOYD SR, If he wants to realize his potential
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 16 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #51

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,128

Doesn't matter which trainer. His 0 is gone.

Some boxers pride themselves for being Great (Cotto, Marquez, etc) while others pride themselves for being Undefeated (Mayweather, Rigondeaux, etc). If you wanna be the latter, just make sure you keep the 0. And it seems AB pride himself for being the latter. But now without the 0 he's out of the club.

It's one thing to be Great, and it's another to be UNDEFEATED.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 16 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Dec 16 2013, 04:16 PM) *

Some boxers pride themselves for being Great (Cotto, Marquez, etc) while others pride themselves for being Undefeated (Mayweather, Rigondeaux, etc). If you wanna be the latter, just make sure you keep the 0. And it seems AB pride himself for being the latter. But now without the 0 he's out of the club.

I think AB prided himself on wanting to be the greatest. And not many of the GOATs were undefeated.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 16 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #53

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Dec 16 2013, 10:16 AM) *

When he do that? Cotto prides himself on fighting for the most money possible. Period. We can chide Broner for the undefeated talk but Miguel is the same dude who sat in the face-off across from Margaritio bitching about taking punishment and then talking about money

I think Broner mentally wants to be one of the greats but he thinks he has to be like a current ATG to do so. He used that undefeated shit like Maywether does for marketability. That's clear as day, doesn't mean he doesn't pride himself on being great

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 16 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #54

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 16 2013, 02:07 AM) *
Great points chi. You need to slow down bra your gonna post all your good shit before the year ends and fuck up "the year of the chi". And I ain't giving you none of my material so don't pm me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

I didn't reveal everything, some stuff I'm keeping in the vault lol

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 16 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #55

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 17 2013, 12:27 AM) *
When he do that? Cotto prides himself on fighting for the most money possible. Period. We can chide Broner for the undefeated talk but Miguel is the same dude who sat in the face-off across from Margaritio bitching about taking punishment and then talking about money

I think Broner mentally wants to be one of the greats but he thinks he has to be like a current ATG to do so. He used that undefeated shit like Maywether does for marketability. That's clear as day, doesn't mean he doesn't pride himself on being great

I didn't say AB didn't pride himself for being great. But being and staying UNDEFEATED is a notch above greatness. It is Supremacy.

Some boxers can only be great. Others Undefeated.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 16 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #56

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 16 2013, 07:25 AM) *
REPUTABLE trainers should make sure their fighters are prepared. I agree the mayweathers are not the be all and ends all relative to traininng, but since he is cool with them might as well take advantage of the relationship to help tighten his game. Stafford is said to be excellent, reputable, and respected. yet how was Maidana overlooked and broner unprepared for the biggest fight of his career and his most dangerous opponent?

I don't think he overlooked him or was unprepared. Marcos just imposed his style on Broner. I've watched the fight about 3 or 4 times now. And Maidana imposed his style of fighting early on and Broner couldn't recover from it

The same thing you saying about Stafford essentially can be said about the Mayweather's. Hatton didn't listen to Floyd Sr did he, Chad Dawson looked best with Floyd Sr and in his last fight with him looked like shit. Roger Mayweather just trained Agbeko and look how he fought? Broner got great advice, the best thing Stafford told him was "you backing up too much, move forward". Broner just didn't respond. He couldn't do it. Whose to say the Mayweather's can bring it out of him? When it's been proven they can't bring the best out of some of their fighters.

Trainers and fighters are a tricky thing, you have to mesh and be a good fit. Just because you train the best fighter in the world doesn't mean your actually the best trainer or you can do the same or have the same successes with other fighters. He does work with Roger when he trains there from time to time and that's where it should stay.

I hope Floyd retire undefeated...watch if he lose fools gon say he should switch trainers and hire Robert Garcia lol

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 16 2013, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 16 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #57

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Did I miss something? Broner lost his first fight? He got dropped but continued to fight and landed on Maidana as well. It's time to blow everything up now though? Some of yall remind me of my fellow Knicks fans who want to trade everyone after every loss. He lost. He fought the wrong fight. Doesn't mean Mike Stafford is incompetent. Besides, Floyd Sr ain't gonna put up with Broner and his antics anyway. If Floyd, who's seemingly extremely focused in his training camps, still gets ridiculed by Floyd Sr to the point of huge argument...what do you think is going to happen with Broner and Sr. Honestly, it doesn't seem like Sr cares much for Broner now as it is.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 16 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #58

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Again its not the trainer its the boxer. Should we blame Ann Wolfe for Kirkland;s fuck ups? Should Devon get a new trainer as well? Or should we blame Roach for Khan's stupidity? No, the fighter is to blame. Mike Tyson came ill prepared to fight Buster Douglass, not his trainer. Its 95/5. The fighter has to want it the trainer guides,

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 16 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #59

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 16 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Did I miss something? Broner lost his first fight? He got dropped but continued to fight and landed on Maidana as well. It's time to blow everything up now though? Some of yall remind me of my fellow Knicks fans who want to trade everyone after every loss. He lost. He fought the wrong fight. Doesn't mean Mike Stafford is incompetent. Besides, Floyd Sr ain't gonna put up with Broner and his antics anyway. If Floyd, who's seemingly extremely focused in his training camps, still gets ridiculed by Floyd Sr to the point of huge argument...what do you think is going to happen with Broner and Sr. Honestly, it doesn't seem like Sr cares much for Broner now as it is.

Yes Sir. Senior is a perfectionist. He wants everything you have in more, he would slap the shit out of Broner, which he probably needs,

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 16 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 16 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Chill out Franchize...what did I tell you about speaking the truth around here? You know you'll get stoned to death about that. From the way it's looking, Stafford is sub par and Sr. is the second coming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:07 PM