IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Cotto vs, Trout: SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Dec 2 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #101

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I thought Malinaggi's 114-114 card was terrible, Al's was only a little better at 115-113. The worst was judge Byrd's card of 119-109. Cotto wasn't THAT bad! I think Trout could beat Alverez who I don't believe is all that good, unless WBC politics come into play with the judges if it goes to the cards. Protecting Alverez. Austin's a good fighter, with the potential to be a great fighter. But he's not a money maker by himself.

One of the worst undercards of recent years. Shame on Golden Boy, and Showtime for that undercard, as we both know they are capable of doing 100% better.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 2 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #102

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Genius @ Dec 2 2012, 11:33 AM) *
Mallifaggy was on Cottos sack all night ...wtf

I like Mallinaggi but he looked kinda awkward commentating this time. I hope he gets more comfortable because he's got a great boxing mind.

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Trout made beating Cotto look easy in comparison to Floyd.

Yeah, surprisingly. As others have mentioned, I think Cotto may be physically too small for 154.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 2 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #103

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Trout made beating Cotto look easy in comparison to Floyd.

Styles makes fights

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 2 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #104

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2012, 02:52 AM) *
I think I said the same thing in another thread. He never fought a legit 154 pounder, and I kinda had a feeling this would happen.

BTW funny how Canelo high tailed it out of there. What's wrong red? A real Jr middleweight doesn't look so appealing? Betcha trout schools Canelo. Saul might get more respect for his power but I see the same thing happening as in this fight. Plus I still don't think Canelo fixed his stamina issue, he fights in spurts. No way he can sit on his punches for 12 rounds with trout jabbing at him

LOL "What's wrong red?

I agree with you in that I bet Alvarez was sittin real nervous ringside. But Idk if trout schools Alvarez...i think it could be a good fight.

And yer right bout Cotto and the weight division. Last night the difference was pretty obvious; Cotto looked very small compared to Trout.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 2 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

a few things....

first of all props to cshell for calling this one on the money!!! trout had answers for every single thing cotto did. great, masterful display of boxing!!!

second...cotto went directly to trout after the bout and congratulated him and gave him his props before he left the ring. he is a guy full of pride and serious love for his family...so i get the whole wanting to be with his family and comfort them after the loss. his son seemed to be taking it really hard. i don't believe he's sore loser.

third....as for cotto being too small...the flip side is that trout is a big 154lb fighter. it was hard to tell...but seeing them side by side in the ring...his frame is huge. it would have been interesting to know their weights fight night.

lastly....i had the fight 9-3 for trout...but i could see 7-5. paulie's draw is even a possibility because even though trout was clearly outworking cotto (which i didn't think he would do) cotto was landing the bigger shots throughout. in paulie's mind...he was believing those shots were hurting trout...but what i saw was that trout was taking them shots. i also thought cotto had some good moments boxing trout and giving him movement. it's clear that trout does not like to lead or be the aggressor...but he warmed up to it as the fight went on. i think it was a great fight...and i agree with the poster that said it was a display of the sweet science at its' highest level. watching these guys make adjustments and do their thing....very, very good fight imo.

canelo needs to man up and face trout. i seriously doubt it happens. if i'm trout...do not fight canelo in cali. he'll school canelo so long as the ref doesn't interfere.

oh yeah...i was bothered by trout going to the ring first. i don't like to see champions disrespected like that. champions should always get to the ring last and be announced last. cotto didn't have a strap. if he did u could make the case...but he didn't.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Dec 2 2012, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 2 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

post fight conference trout....

post fight conference cotto...

and then there's this shit here...

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Dec 2 2012, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #107

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 2 2012, 10:26 PM) *
a few things....

first of all props to cshell for calling this one on the money!!! trout had answers for every single thing cotto did. great, masterful display of boxing!!!

second...cotto went directly to trout after the bout and congratulated him and gave him his props before he left the ring. he is a guy full of pride and serious love for his family...so i get the whole wanting to be with his family and comfort them after the loss. his son seemed to be taking it really hard. i don't believe he's sore loser.

third....as for cotto being too small...the flip side is that trout is a big 154lb fighter. it was hard to tell...but seeing them side by side in the ring...his frame is huge. it would have been interesting to know their weights fight night.

lastly....i had the fight 9-3 for trout...but i could see 7-5. paulie's draw is even a possibility because even though trout was clearly outworking cotto (which i didn't think he would do) cotto was landing the bigger shots throughout. in paulie's mind...he was believing those shots were hurting trout...but what i saw was that trout was taking them shots. i also thought cotto had some good moments boxing trout and giving him movement. it's clear that trout does not like to lead or be the aggressor...but he warmed up to it as the fight went on. i think it was a great fight...and i agree with the poster that said it was a display of the sweet science at its' highest level. watching these guys make adjustments and do their thing....very, very good fight imo.

canelo needs to man up and face trout. i seriously doubt it happens. if i'm trout...do not fight canelo in cali. he'll school canelo so long as the ref doesn't interfere.

oh yeah...i was bothered by trout going to the ring first. i don't like to see champions disrespected like that. champions should always get to the ring last and be announced last. cotto didn't have a strap. if he did u could make the case...but he didn't.

Thanks!

I just knew that Trout would be too much for Cotto in this one, and Cotto did himself an injustice by taking this fight in the name of "knowing that he could compete with the top young fighters".

Trout was a BIG DUDE! I was almost leaning towards your prediction of Cotto landing crazy body shots and slowing Trout down, but I saw Trout slipping punches against the ropes and pushing Cotto...man was I in disbelief. I swore Miguel was gonna land most of those shots.

Anyhow, Im sure my scorecard was better than than that 9-3, but somewhere near that draw by Paulie. I was somewhere around the 115-144 going in either guy's favor...but again, I was drunk, tweeting, texting, and posting here, so please don't take me seriously until I watch it with a clear mind.

Trout was damn near giving away a few of those rounds....and that was speaking from an "upcoming fighter vs an established fighter" view. I felt like Cotto was outworking Trout in mos rounds, but Trout was landing crisper punches in every rounds, though he landed fewer in the early rounds.

Im sure I wasn't the only one who saw Miguel get hurt by that left in the 1st round...from that point on, I knew that Trout found something. He didn't capitalize on it as much, but that left found its home early.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 3 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #108

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2012, 11:59 PM) *
Thanks!

I just knew that Trout would be too much for Cotto in this one, and Cotto did himself an injustice by taking this fight in the name of "knowing that he could compete with the top young fighters".

Trout was a BIG DUDE! I was almost leaning towards your prediction of Cotto landing crazy body shots and slowing Trout down, but I saw Trout slipping punches against the ropes and pushing Cotto...man was I in disbelief. I swore Miguel was gonna land most of those shots.

Anyhow, Im sure my scorecard was better than than that 9-3, but somewhere near that draw by Paulie. I was somewhere around the 115-144 going in either guy's favor...but again, I was drunk, tweeting, texting, and posting here, so please don't take me seriously until I watch it with a clear mind.

Trout was damn near giving away a few of those rounds....and that was speaking from an "upcoming fighter vs an established fighter" view. I felt like Cotto was outworking Trout in mos rounds, but Trout was landing crisper punches in every rounds, though he landed fewer in the early rounds.

Im sure I wasn't the only one who saw Miguel get hurt by that left in the 1st round...from that point on, I knew that Trout found something. He didn't capitalize on it as much, but that left found its home early.

this was one of those fights where i think a lot of ppl...including paulie...thought, well cotto's the favorite, it's in msg...he's the bigger draw...trouts the up and comer...etc...so when u consider all those things...yeah, a case can be made that a lot of the close rounds would go cotto's way. trout did a masterful job, as paulie pointed out...of controlling distance. he'd give cotto movement...and when cotto got too close, he'd smother him...he kept throwing to the body from the very beginning. that's something only margarito did in his victory over cotto. it's also rare to see someone control cotto with a jab since it's usually his jab that controls a fight. i think trout gave him plenty of trouble with his length and great footwork. the first half of the fight...i saw cotto landing the harder shots...the second half i saw trout doing that. it was a great fight and even though i scored it 9-3 on the first viewing...cotto was definitely in most rounds. i just thought he was loading up way too much...and not putting in enough body work to set up the clean head shots.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 3 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #109

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 3 2012, 01:18 AM) *
this was one of those fights where i think a lot of ppl...including paulie...thought, well cotto's the favorite, it's in msg...he's the bigger draw...trouts the up and comer...etc...so when u consider all those things...yeah, a case can be made that a lot of the close rounds would go cotto's way. trout did a masterful job, as paulie pointed out...of controlling distance. he'd give cotto movement...and when cotto got too close, he'd smother him...he kept throwing to the body from the very beginning. that's something only margarito did in his victory over cotto. it's also rare to see someone control cotto with a jab since it's usually his jab that controls a fight. i think trout gave him plenty of trouble with his length and great footwork. the first half of the fight...i saw cotto landing the harder shots...the second half i saw trout doing that. it was a great fight and even though i scored it 9-3 on the first viewing...cotto was definitely in most rounds. i just thought he was loading up way too much...and not putting in enough body work to set up the clean head shots.

I thought the same as Pauile, though Miguel wasn't the champ, I still felt Trout had a lot to prove before he got the nod. I saw him take a few breaks in some rounds, which I thought was detrimental, but he picked it back. I was thinking, "C'mon Trout, you gotta stay on him, or you'll give this round away".

I had no freakin' idea that Trout had a 5 inch reach advantage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) I will go back and watch it again, since I had Cotto pulling some of those close rounds. Though I had him winning those close rounds, I saw him struggling to get inside, reaching, and tiring out in the late rounds.

Lmao at GBP saying that Cotto/Alvarez can still happen. I didn't watch the video, but were they depending on Cotto exercising his rematch clause? That's the only way I can see it happening, but in the meantime, Im sure Floyd will watch these upcoming WW fights, pick somebody for May '13 and Canelo will fight K-9. Im tired of this "Canelo curse" bullshit and these smoke screens about possible opponents, all for them choose either a dead fighter or a small guy for him to fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 3 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #110

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2012, 09:39 AM) *
I thought the same as Pauile, though Miguel wasn't the champ, I still felt Trout had a lot to prove before he got the nod. I saw him take a few breaks in some rounds, which I thought was detrimental, but he picked it back. I was thinking, "C'mon Trout, you gotta stay on him, or you'll give this round away".

I had no freakin' idea that Trout had a 5 inch reach advantage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) I will go back and watch it again, since I had Cotto pulling some of those close rounds. Though I had him winning those close rounds, I saw him struggling to get inside, reaching, and tiring out in the late rounds.

Lmao at GBP saying that Cotto/Alvarez can still happen. I didn't watch the video, but were they depending on Cotto exercising his rematch clause? That's the only way I can see it happening, but in the meantime, Im sure Floyd will watch these upcoming WW fights, pick somebody for May '13 and Canelo will fight K-9. Im tired of this "Canelo curse" bullshit and these smoke screens about possible opponents, all for them choose either a dead fighter or a small guy for him to fight.

rafael marquez (the former middleweight) was commentating for the ppv feed to puerto rico and had the fight a draw like paulie. he's a guy who's opinion i respect. i don't believe a draw is far fetched. i have to admit that i can be biased towards skill...and trout definitely displayed much more skill than cotto in the fight.

u would think gbp would have learned their lesson with their bullshit by now. announcing cotto as canelo's next opponent is disrespectful to the fighters involved and it's also setting themselves up for ridicule from the fans either way. if cotto wins....it was a bullshit match up where they knew the winner before they made it. if he won controversially...leaves the door open to cry corruption. trout wins...now they have cake on their face and canelo looks like a coward again for not facing trout next. trout was an option when ortiz fell through. they don't wanna see him in the ring.

floyd at this point is a non-factor. i think plenty of fighters at 154 are starting to show they would be too much for him at this stage in his career. he should pick his next opponent wisely. i know u don't want to hear it...but i am confident it's going to be guerrero. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:02 PM