IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
Cheesey1
post May 8 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

I'd watch it if there was nothing else. Fantastic bout this past Saturday, but as others have said, I thought that Floyd won resoundingly and I don't see the second being any different (except maybe this time Miguel gets KO'd). The FH UK blog has an interview where Roger Mayweather said that if Floyd went to the body it would've been an absolute beatdown (which is what I was saying as I watched the 8th, or 9th round unfold).

What I'd love to see is the boxing match that my man, Pedro Fernandez, at RingTalk.com said is next for Cotto and that's Cotto vs. Canelo.

http://ringtalk.com/saul-alvarez-miguel-co...yweather-boxing

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: May 8 2012, 08:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 8 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #22

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

The second fight would either be better or more boring, im not sure which way to lean on this one.

First of all Floyd is gonna try to minimize the damage he takes from Cotto if they fight again "TRUST ME" on that one. So if he still has the legs he will keep cotto at a distance and outpoint Cotto. If he does that there will be no knock out but a slick boxing clinic.

That being said If Floyd is stationary like he was in this last fight. I think there will be more fireworks. I pick Floyd to win again, but it will not be an easy fight. Cottos jab and body punches did legitamate damage to Floyd, and Floyd would get hit again.

With Floyd looking at a possible mega money fight with pac I dont see this rematch happening.

In the words of Apolo Creeds Trainer " We dont need that kind of man in our lives".

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 8 2012, 01:27 PM) *
I wouldn't mind seeing another rematch but honestly not to take anything from Cotto cuz I like him. But Floyd got hit mostly on the ropes and Floyd was only in range to be hit because he wanted to be. A really good second fight is up to Floyd wanting to be in Cottos striking distance. I think he could have easily picked him apart all night if he wanted to move and box.

That's exactly what I was saying during the fight, most of Cotto's ooh and aah moments came from when Mayweather went back into the ropes. Truthfully speaking, Cotto did have a few moments when the two fought in the center of the ring. But those moments would have been Cotto's only I believe if Mayweather would've stayed off the ropes. And I think if Floyd would have went to the body just a tad bit more and then created some separation maybe Miguel would've did the back pedal during the fight. A 2nd fight would be interesting, Cotto showed he had confidence and even in the loss Saturday night, I think his confidence has grown even more, and that will make it heven harder for Floyd if they did the rematch

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2012, 02:07 PM) *
MSG!!! that would be perfect for the rematch!!! u know they'll fill that place up and it's only fair. there's only one fight out there more marketable than cotto/mayweather 2 and again...i don't see that happening.

as for the assumption that mayweather would win again...or more easily...i think ppl are still selling cotto short much the same way they did heading into this bout. i agree with chitown...they both have plenty of room for adjustment. i just want to see it again!

The confidence Cotto displayed during the fight has to be magnified exponetionally now. There are some tweaks and adjustments as me and you both agree on that both fighters can bring into a 2nd fight. As I said I'd still pick Mayweather to win again, but it could very well be Cotto who turns the tide in a rematch

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 8 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 8 2012, 06:59 PM) *
I'd watch it if there was nothing else. Fantastic bout this past Saturday, but as others have said, I thought that Floyd won resoundingly and I don't see the second being any different (except maybe this time Miguel gets KO'd). The FH UK blog has an interview where Roger Mayweather said that if Floyd went to the body it would've been an absolute beatdown (which is what I was saying as I watched the 8th, or 9th round unfold).

What I'd love to see is the boxing match that my man Pedro Fernandez at RingTalk.com said is next for Cotto and that's Cotto vs. Canelo.

http://ringtalk.com/saul-alvarez-miguel-co...yweather-boxing

floyd going for the body would have created openings for cotto to capitalize on. floyd had cotto hurt in that 12th round. cotto went right back at him. it's like floyd said...it looks easy from the outside but cotto is a tough dude.

canelo is a beast. i think that's a cash out fight for floyd or cotto.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 8 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2012, 08:22 PM) *
floyd going for the body would have created openings for cotto to capitalize on. floyd had cotto hurt in that 12th round. cotto went right back at him. it's like floyd said...it looks easy from the outside but cotto is a tough dude.

canelo is a beast. i think that's a cash out fight for floyd or cotto.

True, but that's always the chance that you take when you go for the body. I really felt like Floyd took his foot off of the pedal when he had Miguel hurt, maybe he thought that Miguel was playing possum, but going for the body was a risk that I felt he could've taken and it would've paid dividends. Also if Roger said it, then damn it, it's true!
Nonetheless, Floyd won very nicely doing what he did.

I'd rather see Canelo vs. Cotto. I liked Miguel's performance a lot and would I think that both guys would give it their best.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 8 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 8 2012, 09:24 PM) *
True, but that's always the chance that you take when you go for the body. I really felt like Floyd took his foot off of the pedal when he had Miguel hurt, maybe he thought that Miguel was playing possum, but going for the body was a risk that I felt he could've taken and it would've paid dividends. Also if Roger said it, then damn it, it's true!
Nonetheless, Floyd won very nicely doing what he did.

I'd rather see Canelo vs. Cotto. I liked Miguel's performance a lot and would I think that both guys would give it their best.

if he had followed immediately with a shot to the body...ur right...it could have done more damage that could have paid more dividends. i think cotto established certain things early that took floyds confidence in following that up. plus...more than anything...floyd has never really been known as a finisher. he's always been safety first. i think roger's abilities as a corner man....or his effectiveness at this point are in question after this bout.

floyd won decisively...but not as decisively as usual.

i think canelo hurts both cotto and floyd. he's a legit 154lb fighter. floyd and cotto are not.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 8 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #28

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2012, 09:35 PM) *
if he had followed immediately with a shot to the body...ur right...it could have done more damage that could have paid more dividends. i think cotto established certain things early that took floyds confidence in following that up. plus...more than anything...floyd has never really been known as a finisher. he's always been safety first. i think roger's abilities as a corner man....or his effectiveness at this point are in question after this bout.

floyd won decisively...but not as decisively as usual.

i think canelo hurts both cotto and floyd. he's a legit 154lb fighter. floyd and cotto are not.

I'd love to see a Canelo-Cotto fight. Who takes that one?
Manuel would definitely outbox Canelo. I was actually surprised by Canelo's quickness.
Canelo gets taken to school by Floyd. Cotto Canelo...great.

I liked Cotto this fight. Not in a rematch though.

Cshel......make the Cotto Canelo fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 8 2012, 09:55 PM) *

No can-do sir...not until your old lady hooks me up with one of her friends and/or family members that attend your fight parties. I'm a "quid pro quo" type guy...something for something sir...something for something.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 8 2012, 09:55 PM) *
I'd love to see a Canelo-Cotto fight. Who takes that one?
Manuel would definitely outbox Canelo. I was actually surprised by Canelo's quickness.
Canelo gets taken to school by Floyd. Cotto Canelo...great.

I liked Cotto this fight. Not in a rematch though.

i may be alone in this...i think canelo gives cotto and floyd serious problems. go back and watch those fights from last saturday. there is a distinct difference in size and power...and canelo's speed is decent. he's also pretty good about his defense and pacing himself. he is a much bigger dude than both cotto and floyd. they should wait until he can't make 154 to make that fight. either that...or let it be a cash out fight.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:14 PM