Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Golovkin fight Lara?
Dolimite
post Feb 10 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Lara called out the big bad wolf of boxing at the moment. Neither man has a fight set up, will GGG take Lara or will he continue to fight GRJ's type of competition? This fight would be good. How can GGG handle a good boxer who can punch and can Lara take GGG punches. So if GGG fights someone else can we say that he is being protected or can the use "He is with another network" excuse. What do you say? What chances do you give Lara to win?

http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-tells-mana...golovkin--74510
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 10 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Lara is a very good boxer puncher with good movement... takes a good shot.. can be hurt but recovers very well reminds me of Michael NUNN but better chin... This would be GGGs toughest opponent. Is Lara a 160 though??? can he make it comfortably?

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 10 2014, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 10 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

didnt read the article, but i've been hearing rumors of lara's manager saying they'll even go up to 160 or fight gennady at a catchweight, which is absolutely dumb IMO. i think if lara is able to make the fight at 154, he should do it and pray that the weight cut has an effect on gennady's power and output. if angulo can manage to cut off the ring and land some bombs on erislandy, i think gennady would have no problem doing the same. lara better come in shape, he's gonna be on his wheels for most of the fight.

i'm happy ggg finally has some solid choices in front of him though. i think he should either go forward with andy lee or take this one into serious consideration.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 10 2014, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I "believe" Lara's fought as high as 160 before...I may be wrong though. This IS a dude who couldn't seem to land a fight to save his life, so maybe.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 10 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Lara will test Golovkin like no other fighter has, I've seen frustration, doubt, and other negative signs by Golovkin in his 2 biggest fights in Rosado and Stevens. Lara will tattoo him but the fight really won't begin until Golovkin lands something of substance. If Lara is able to handle what Golovkin is throwing then Golovkin is in trouble. Lara is a well conditioned fighter, that's why he recovers so well. Plus he's quicker then any fighter GGG has faced and he has good pop himself. GGG's ability to cut off the ring will produce fireworks with Lara's style....I doubt we see it though

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 11 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Lara isn't in his weight class.. and hes already a thin jmw. But he's a tough fight for anyone. Let me put it this way, he made a guy, who got hit with everything but the kitchen sink by kirkland, quit. Dude has pop

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2014, 04:31 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

THE COLD WAR GUYS the motherfucking cold war...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 09:00 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 02:31 AM) *
THE COLD WAR GUYS the motherfucking cold war...

I think the networks can figure this one out. TR isn't involved so it could happen.
For the record Lara said that he would go up to 160. I just Golovkin has a fight coming up in April, but it is against no one special. I am sure that can be worked out.

+Quote Post
philly31
post Feb 11 2014, 09:06 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 14,124

Has nothing to do with the cold war. GGG is with K2 and they have no problem with Golden Boy, so theoretically the fight could happen off tv somewhere overseas (because GGG couldn't fight on Showtime and Lara couldn't be on HBO). But I doubt the fight will happen because GGG has other options, like Andy Lee, Sergio Martinez and even Kirkland. Why would he slight HBO for a so-so payday and limited exposure against a threat like Lara? I want to see Lara on Mayweather's undercard against Ishe or Andrade.

This post has been edited by philly31: Feb 11 2014, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 02:00 PM) *
I think the networks can figure this one out. TR isn't involved so it could happen.
For the record Lara said that he would go up to 160. I just Golovkin has a fight coming up in April, but it is against no one special. I am sure that can be worked out.

tbh I think GGG could go to showtime, I remember hearing somewhere his contract with HBO expires in April

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:00 AM