IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged), (Rematch?)
mrchitown
post Sep 17 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #171

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 09:06 PM) *
1. I believe it's the rounds that the knockdowns were scored. Had those knockdowns occurred in the early or mid rounds, then I wouldn't even want to see a rematch. Those 12th round knockdowns heightened the storyline of the fight, and made it seem as if Juio was either playing possum (which I doubt), or he actually had Sergio's number (which could also be speculated).

2. I think everybody would be asking for a rematch, had that happened. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1. I agree, I thought Martinez was just going to hang back in the 12th, I had an oh shit look when Chavez jr knocked him down. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think we were seeing shades of Chavez sr/M. Taylor. Especially when Sergio got up and decided to trade a bit with him

2. LOL maybe but unfortunately we'll never know. It does look like their headed for a rematch and that would be huge for both fighters but I still hate the Texas venue. I'm not into conspiracy theories and all but the Texas athletic commission is along the same criminal lines as the mob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #172

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 11:09 PM) *
My mistake folks...it was only one knockdown in the 12th. Sorry, I was there live and the Mexicans forced me to believe it was 2, rather than one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No seriously, they were hyped (so was I), and from where I was sitting, we were still celebrating the 1st one. LOL

Yea Haha I was like Wtf did I miss one or something??

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 18 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #173

Super Middleweight

Looks like the rematch probably won't happen, Martinez came out and said he doesnt want to fight in Texas. He said he would rather pursue a fight with cotto

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 18 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #174

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2012, 01:33 AM) *
Looks like the rematch probably won't happen, Martinez came out and said he doesnt want to fight in Texas. He said he would rather pursue a fight with cotto

Really? Where did you read it at Check??

That's crazy that he came out and said that but you can't blame for not wanting to fight in Texas, their commission there is atrocious. A Cotto bout would be interesting but what's even more interesting is will Cotto agree to face him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 18 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #175

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2012, 02:36 AM) *
Really? Where did you read it at Check??

That's crazy that he came out and said that but you can't blame for not wanting to fight in Texas, their commission there is atrocious. A Cotto bout would be interesting but what's even more interesting is will Cotto agree to face him

An interview in boxing scene. He basically said chavez seems to get away with way too much shit in Texas and he would rather pursue a cotto fight. I think cotto could give him a lot of trouble, sergio has problems with boxers with good jabs

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 18 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #176

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

An interview in boxing scene. He basically said chavez seems to get away with way too much shit in Texas and he would rather pursue a cotto fight.

Kudos to Sergio for not wanting to fight in Texas! I think he read the boards!!!! I am OK with a Chavez rematch, but not in Texas.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 18 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #177

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2012, 11:10 PM) *
1. I agree, I thought Martinez was just going to hang back in the 12th, I had an oh shit look when Chavez jr knocked him down. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think we were seeing shades of Chavez sr/M. Taylor. Especially when Sergio got up and decided to trade a bit with him

2. LOL maybe but unfortunately we'll never know. It does look like their headed for a rematch and that would be huge for both fighters but I still hate the Texas venue. I'm not into conspiracy theories and all but the Texas athletic commission is along the same criminal lines as the mob

1. I agree. At the time, I couldn't agree with the Chavez/Taylor comparison...I couldn't even tell you what was going through my head when that shit happened live. Seriously, I couldn't. LOL. When I went back and watched it, I peeped the comparison, and the commentators called it earlier in the fight.

Was I the only one that laughed like shit, at RJJ's reaction in the 12th round when Sergio went down??? "Ohhhhh!!! Goodness! There it go!"

2. I think a rematch may be looking at bit slim. That would mean that Arum would STILL want his fighter to make the larger of the purse, hence why he's already bringing up this Texas bullshit. Sounds like Sergio doesn't want to do it in Texas, but the fact that he even considered a rematch, could possibly mean that he can get talked into fighting somewhere else. DiBella may actually bend to Bob's will, in order to be involved in another huge fight...besides, who else is there at MW, that will bring Sergio money? Chavez can make some decent fights at MW, cant say the same for good ol' Sergio.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2012, 11:50 PM) *
Yea Haha I was like Wtf did I miss one or something??

Man, it was those damn 24oz Tecate's that were $7. I think it's nasty beer, but shit, the price couldn't be argued with. At the same time, when Sergio hit the canvas the second time (which looked like a knockdown), Mexicans were going CRAZY, so it was possible that a phantom 10-count was in progress. LOL

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 18 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #178

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2012, 12:04 PM) *
1. I agree. At the time, I couldn't agree with the Chavez/Taylor comparison...I couldn't even tell you what was going through my head when that shit happened live. Seriously, I couldn't. LOL. When I went back and watched it, I peeped the comparison, and the commentators called it earlier in the fight.

Was I the only one that laughed like shit, at RJJ's reaction in the 12th round when Sergio went down??? "Ohhhhh!!! Goodness! There it go!"

2. I think a rematch may be looking at bit slim. That would mean that Arum would STILL want his fighter to make the larger of the purse, hence why he's already bringing up this Texas bullshit. Sounds like Sergio doesn't want to do it in Texas, but the fact that he even considered a rematch, could possibly mean that he can get talked into fighting somewhere else. DiBella may actually bend to Bob's will, in order to be involved in another huge fight...besides, who else is there at MW, that will bring Sergio money? Chavez can make some decent fights at MW, cant say the same for good ol' Sergio.

Man, it was those damn 24oz Tecate's that were $7. I think it's nasty beer, but shit, the price couldn't be argued with. At the same time, when Sergio hit the canvas the second time (which looked like a knockdown), Mexicans were going CRAZY, so it was possible that a phantom 10-count was in progress. LOL

Yeah its nice to hear sergio take a stand. There's a lot of momentum going right now for a rematch but hes doing the right thing by taking a step back and looking at the details instead of rushing into it.

$7 tecates? That's a bargain bro, at a fight like that I would expect some crack prices for beer or something. No wonder you saw two knockdowns though that's like the strongest Mexican beer Haha

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 18 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #179

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I need that rematch, i need the money its going to make me

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 18 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #180

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2012, 10:05 PM) *
no it's not, see the ex. above. And tell that to Paul Pierce and Garnett and see what kind of response you get lol. Sports are sports and mistakes are mistakes period. The only difference is your getting punches thrown at you. The fact of the matter is if that knockdown never occurred nobody would be "screaming" rematch, I'm sure a few would say it and call for it but not to the extent that it is now.

Dibella should be calling for it, where else is he going to maneuver Martinez. I've read the interviews he's been giving and he seems to favor the rematch, but he also called out Canelo and GB last night too. And I didn't mean Lara/Molina against Martinez..I meant they should've received rematches against P williams and Kirkland respectively in their bouts against them, there was minimal outcry in those fights...why is that? Could it be because the victors of those fights were more known to the boxing public? I think so. Canelo vs Martinez, I'd actually pay the ppv to see that

i guess what i meant to say was that in boxing (as we all know) 1 punch can end it all. that's what makes it different from most sports.

i'm thinking gbp is going to protect their investment so martinez isn't getting canelo anytime soon. i agree...lara and molina deserved rematches.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:06 PM