IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Are The Klitschkos Still Loved So Much in Germany?
rusty_trombone
post Sep 2 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #11

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

This is like asking, why is sarah palin still loved so much by fucking idiots?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 2 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I am actually looking forward to his fight with Peter next, one thing Peter got is some raw power, and it should have some tense moments IF Peter actually comes to fight that night?

Agree,

Will Peter give a shit? If he does, I don't think he'll win, but it could be interesting. But we saw his "Come for a paycheck" mentality before, and most likely will see it again.

Jack

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 2 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 2 2010, 02:36 AM) *
Why would you need to protect your chin from Eddie Chambers?

Wlad has to protect his chin from a stiff wind, brother. Don't even talk about Eddie Chambers. And this ain't hating, as I've obviously defended the Klits here time and time again. But baby bro. definitely has to do what he can to protect himself. Every time he's tried to come out guns blazing he's been punished for it.

Too bad he doesn't have Vitali's chin.

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Sep 2 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

The Klits are both pretty dull (even Vit, who was a genuinely entertaining fighter earlier in his career), but they shouldn't change their styles to suit fans.

If every fighter has to worry about being 'fan friendly', we may as well wrap the sport up now and tune into WWE. 'Boring' fighters are part of the game, always have been. Having a few highly skilled but dull fighters up top makes us appreciate the sluggers like Gatti, Corrales and Morales. If every fighter tried to fight like Gatti to entertain the crowd, it would become dull pretty quickly.

In the 90's, we saw plenty of sluggers and KO artists. Right now, there is a dearth of them and we've got a generation of 'cute' boxers. It'll all come round again. Don't force it, though, just let fighters fight their fights for themselves, not for the crowd.

There's another Gatti around the corner, ready to energise boxing once again, there always is.

Black

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 2 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #15

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 2 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Wlad has ALWAYS picked himself up off the canvas. He's never been put out cold with one punch. It's always taken multiple knockdowns for guys to finish Wlad.

Unlike Lennox Lewis, who NEVER found a way to pick himself up off the canvas.

Wlad got off the deck 3 times to beat Sam Peter and retain his title. I don't think his mentality should be in doubt at this point.

Are you implying that Lewis was mentally weak?

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 2 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 2 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Unlike Lennox Lewis, who NEVER found a way to pick himself up off the canvas.

Actually he got up in time and beat the count against McCall in their first fight and had his gloves up ready to continue. It was the referee that stopped the fight, which you then can clearly see LL protesting the stoppage.

That bomb Rahman hit LL with would have KO'd 9 out of 10 guys IMO.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Sep 2 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

Man...other than some brain dead Kraut....I have no idea why anybody would want to defend the Klits.

Honestly comparing Wlad to PBF is not a good comparison....bottom line is that a HW the sheer size and strength of Wlad has ZERO business fighting the way he does...other than protecting a weak ass chin. AND...although I do get him protecting it against the likes of Rahman and Peter....there is ZERO excuse to do the same with the likes of Chambers and Thompson.

I'm glad this question was asked because I have never understood it....not at all. I mean Euro's in general seem to accept that straight up robotic style a little better than the U.S.....and to a point I can let that go.

BUT the German's seem to really catch wood from it.....to fill up the arena's the way they do for the same old shit over and over....I don't get it.

And make no mistake...it is the gotdamn germans....because nobody else seems to be bankrolling the Klits. They failed to catch fire here in America...I don't see any other country paying them time and time again for the same old BS....not even their own country...

Barring some secret homoerotic desire to bugger the Klits in their bungs....I have no idea why the German's eat this shit up!

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 3 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

A few people have said it but:

The main reason that Germany - not 'Europeans' as ALL the European countries aren't the same - like the Klits is that they like boxing as a whole. They just love the sport so having TWO heavyweight champs is the icing on the cake.

Plus, I think, as a nation, they're not into the whole bling, bling, trash talking, yo' momma, I'm a fuck you up and have sex with your mom type attitude that some fighters have.

Sorry BG, but I actually don't mind them. I don't mind they're a little boring. It's nice to see fighters who are so superior to everyone else, that they can dismantle and totally outclass everyone they get in with. A few more KO's would be nice, but i respect their patience, skill and athleticism when they fight.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 3 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 3 2010, 03:56 PM) *
A few people have said it but:

The main reason that Germany - not 'Europeans' as ALL the European countries aren't the same - like the Klits is that they like boxing as a whole. They just love the sport so having TWO heavyweight champs is the icing on the cake.

Plus, I think, as a nation, they're not into the whole bling, bling, trash talking, yo' momma, I'm a fuck you up and have sex with your mom type attitude that some fighters have.

Sorry BG, but I actually don't mind them. I don't mind they're a little boring. It's nice to see fighters who are so superior to everyone else, that they can dismantle and totally outclass everyone they get in with. A few more KO's would be nice, but i respect their patience, skill and athleticism when they fight.

Dont even bother with that one, i'v tried several times, you fuckin Eurobum!!

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 3 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 3 2010, 10:02 AM) *
Dont even bother with that one, i'v tried several times, you fuckin Eurobum!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I know, it's like lumping together America, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and all the surrounding islands as one and then classing them as 'those yanks'.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:01 AM