IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 1st fight you watched that made you want to follow Boxing. (Added Question)
Gambit808
post Mar 16 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

FOR ME IT WAS June 28, 1997 Tyson vs. Holyfield II, I was 8 at the time when they fought in a rematch and before that time, I never really sat down to watch boxing because i was more into WWF (Attitude Era) & WCW, but i knew Tyson mainly due to his staged fight with my guy at the time (Stone Cold) so i had to take notice. Little did I know when I watched that fight "shit got real" for me. I felt at the time that it had all the makings of what Wrestling Entertainment was about but 10 times more real and that infamous ear biting episode mike delivered made me a fan ever since.

BOXING FAN SINCE 97

Added Question:

What fight first had you take notice of your favorite fighter?

My Favorite fighter is "Money" Mayweather for this reason... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjjuUo5G4o...feature=related

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Mar 16 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

marco antonio barrera vs naseem hamed was the first boxing match I remember and made me fall in love with boxing...Same fight for the second question too (Im a young boxing fan) It was just a on sided ass beating clinic that made me love marco for his grit and boxing skill

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 16 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

I don't know how old I was (maybe 10 or 11, I'm 26 now), but my dad showed me a tape of Jack Dempsey's fight against Jess Willard. That shit was beyond epic! Ever since that day, I've followed boxin'. As far as my favorite (current) boxer goes, it's Mayweather Jr. I was always an observer of him, but the performance he put on when he fought Phillip N'dou made me become a solid fan.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 16 2012, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 16 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

when i was younger few mates decided to go boxing and i tagged along, after that training session boxing became a sort of obsession whether it was training or watching, i was 8 then, am 18 now.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Mar 16 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Ive always had an interest for the sport since i was a kid in and out of the gym with folkes..

But I started to follow heavily when I first watched Tyson Lewis... There was something about that fight that I knew was the true ending of a legend

I just wanted to know more....how, why....

I was 16

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Mar 16 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Ali made me follow boxing. The attitude, the athletic ability, the competitive spirit, talking the talking and walking the walk, and the entertainment. The epic battles with Frazier, Foreman, Liston etc...After seeing Ali i was hooked..enough said.

This post has been edited by p4pcrown: Mar 16 2012, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 17 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Like a lot of countries outside of America, football (soccer) and boxing were two of the major/ the main sports when I was growing up. My father was a huge boxing fan so it's hard to say which was the first match that I can say blew my mind because boxing and soccer were always on (soccer more so). Of course I was aware of Ali etc., but I don't know, maybe Nigel Benn vs. Chris Eubank. Tyson's earlier bouts always generated a lot of buzz. I remember how his legend grew with wins over people like James "Bonecrusher" Smith, Mitch "Blood" Green etc.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Mar 17 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Tyson vs Trevor Berbick. Also Sugar Ray Leonard. Not sure which fight.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Mar 19 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

Robinson vs Fullmer. I dont remember which one, but I know there was a famous left hook involved. I believe i was 6 then, and i thought Sugar Ray had super powers with the way he threw that hook...lol... That was the 1st fight i watched. Then i remember watching Floyd vs Diego, and Ive been hooked ever since

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 19 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 17 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Like a lot of countries outside of America, football (soccer) and boxing were two of the major/ the main sports when I was growing up. My father was a huge boxing fan so it's hard to say which was the first match that I can say blew my mind because boxing and soccer were always on (soccer more so). Of course I was aware of Ali etc., but I don't know, maybe Nigel Benn vs. Chris Eubank. Tyson's earlier bouts always generated a lot of buzz. I remember how his legend grew with wins over people like James "Bonecrusher" Smith, Mitch "Blood" Green etc.

just watched that fight (Nigel Benn vs. Chris Eubank) and i'm mad that i missed it when it happened... great fight.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 19 2012, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:15 AM