> Should Larry Merchant Be FIRED?
gravytrain
post Jul 8 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #51

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jul 8 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Pretty much all that needs to be said; now Lampley that dickrider needs to go.

BANG BANG BANG

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 8 2011, 07:21 PM) *
I would keep Larry, because there is no one else who could come close to duplicating his insight. He's not a 'Yes Man", bashes boring fights that deserve to be bashed, and is not a fan boy like Kellerman. However, he is not as good as he once was because of the effects of aging and this is most noted with his slurred-speech in post-fight interviews. He still has the old school experience. Critics say he's a Cosell wanna-be. But if they let Merchant go, that moves Max up to full-time, or , they bring in Teddy Atlas. Well, they wouldn't do that, because he would "bump heads" too much at HBO because Atlas is much too conceited to be a team player.

I think bringing Foreman back would be interesting and fun.

Jack

i would cancel my fucking subscription and watch foreign telecasts if they got Atlas. damn that would be bad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 8 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #52

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 08:36 AM) *
Over the years, I've noticed it's mainly nuthuggers who have a problem with Merchant...ones that don't like him strongly critiquing aka "Hating" their favorite fighter(s)...

Ofcourse, I personally respect and appreciate Larry...I see him as an Icon, an Innovator....and unlike Joe Calzaghe, many fans WILL miss him when he's gone.

Agreed wholeheartedly, CEO.

For that, I'll overlook the fact that my name mysteriously disappeared from the Khan hate vehicle.

WAR JUDAH!

+Quote Post
Sicko
post Jul 8 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #53

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,115

no he shouldn't be fired...but he needs to retire! Bob Papa is the one that needs to be fired, his Play By Play when it comes to boxing...IS HORRIBLE!

and I am a New York Giants fan, he sounds way more interested and excited when he calls NFL Football then he does when he is on HBO

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 8 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #54

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 8 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Agreed wholeheartedly, CEO.

For that, I'll overlook the fact that my name mysteriously disappeared from the Khan hate vehicle.

WAR JUDAH!

LOL!

Can you believe you're saying "WAR JUDAH!"?...I know, man...I wanna say it too....WAR INTERNATIONAL ASSASSIN! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

I can't believe your name's not on there.....that's a crucial omission......I'll take care of that ASAP.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 8 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #55

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Since he's fighting Khan... yes, I can believe it. LOL

Odd that Judah is a rallying point after all the years of... well... his bio speaks for itself.

I do think that he's a different man and that he's made a lot of personal changes in his life. Now, how well will that translate to the ring against those top level guys (of which Kaizer Mabuza is NOT included)? Did he come to this point a couple of years too late? I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 8 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #56

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jul 8 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Pretty much all that needs to be said; now Lampley that dickrider needs to go.

BING-fucking-GO.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #57

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 8 2011, 07:55 AM) *
That is not true, you know that right? I before E was an ok rule of thumb when we were in 6th fucking grade but there are words where that is not true! So before you try using that weak shit to try to win an argument, @ least come correct fully! How old are you anyhow?

Okay internet thug, this was two days ago bro. Did you really climb off of your cousin to type this bullcrap man? Don't worry about how old I am, I'm only interested in women by the way. Im a grown man if you really must know. Thank you.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 14 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 7 2011, 04:08 PM) *
HBO commentary for boxing would be great if Larry "The biggest hater" Merchant wasn't apart of that team. He is so negative and half of the time he does not know what he is talking about. Unless the fight is a bloody massacre he isn't happy. I am not going to even touch his pure biased against Floyd. I wondered if HBO should replace him with someone else... I loved it when Foreman told him to shut up!! He should stop commentating In my opinion. Any thoughts?

i've been saying this for years!!! i totally agree. he's bad for boxing...and bad for hbo. max seems to want to follow in his footsteps. i like him better when he was just himself.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 14 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #59

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

What I LOVE about Laz is that the more exciting a fight is the more he drinks & god help you if the undercard is action packed as he is well trashed by the main event.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #60

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (alkantot @ Jul 7 2011, 05:12 PM) *
Larry's old school. He's used to 'real' boxing, where the fighters actually slug it out. Floyd is good on paper only. He doesn't want to face sluggers. This is one reason we'll never see a fight between him and the Pacman. So-called 'technical' fights are what they are: BORING!

actually real boxing is what mayweather does... the definition of boxing is the art of hitting without getting hit.. its not quite as fun to watch in todays times but there are a few select people such as myself that still appreciate a good effective boxer... floyd is about as effective as they come... pac lacks the skill set to compete with mayweather.... that fight would pretty quickly become a one sided boring fight in the favor of mayweather...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 07:16 PM