IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview of Next Weeks HBO Card-Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray, Also Chris "Nipples" Areoloa vs. Bermane Stiverne
checkleft
post Apr 24 2013, 05:26 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM) *
i saw arreola a few weeks back at a gas station of all places. he looked in good shape.

He is. I saw a interview with him not too long ago and he slimmed down, sometimes an ass kicking can make you want to work harder.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

For some reason I am not excited about this fight. My attention has been on Judah and Garcia. I will tune in because I like Sergio, he has class. I wish he would fight GGG I really do. Maybe a catch weigh with Ward.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 07:51 PM) *
For some reason I am not excited about this fight. My attention has been on Judah and Garcia. I will tune in because I like Sergio, he has class. I wish he would fight GGG I really do. Maybe a catch weigh with Ward.

C'mon D, we cant get all of the good fights up front...you know how boxing is. I'm sure we all appreciate what we've been getting as of late, so I can deal with Martinez/Murray.

NOW (there always a "now"), if Martinez/Murray was the ONLY card on this weekend, then I'd be a bit flustered by the opponent selection, lol. He just came off of a big win and had knee surgery...I think he should get a pass for the Murray fight. Hell, Oscar used to do that every now and then.

Thing is, Oscar at least made sure that he fought a Mexican so he could sell some tickets...he wasn't that dumb. LOL

PS: I wanna see what Stiverne has to offer in the Arreola fight. I saw him fight 2 years ago, but I can hardly remember it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:40 AM) *
C'mon D, we cant get all of the good fights up front...you know how boxing is. I'm sure we all appreciate what we've been getting as of late, so I can deal with Martinez/Murray.

NOW (there always a "now"), if Martinez/Murray was the ONLY card on this weekend, then I'd be a bit flustered by the opponent selection, lol. He just came off of a big win and had knee surgery...I think he should get a pass for the Murray fight. Hell, Oscar used to do that every now and then.

Thing is, Oscar at least made sure that he fought a Mexican so he could sell some tickets...he wasn't that dumb. LOL

PS: I wanna see what Stiverne has to offer in the Arreola fight. I saw him fight 2 years ago, but I can hardly remember it.

I think this is a good fight for sergio, its sort of a comeback fight to see if his knee is good and Murray is a solid opponent who many thought beat sturm.

The biggest reason I see martinez doing this event is to push his numbers, he had a good showing against chavez and now if be does big numbers in Argentina he can use it as a counter for the "he isn't a draw" argument when he tries to fry bigger fish if he gets past Murray. I mean the dude is fighting in a soccer stadium in one of the most passionate sports countries in the world with a fellow countryman on the undercard, I'm sure the fight will do well. I just hope there isn't a riot like last time.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 06:40 AM) *

That fight aint going more thabn 6 rounds. I wonder if Chris will kiss Stiverne like he did that last guy when he was getting knocked out. Of course I guess I have to cheer for Chris since he is from my homestate but really I think he is a waste. The closer the fight gets which is tomorrow I guess I can get pumped up for it. If anything I will be excited to see Ricky Hatton. I wonder who does more coke Hatton or Oscar?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 07:00 AM) *
I think this is a good fight for sergio, its sort of a comeback fight to see if his knee is good and Murray is a solid opponent who many thought beat sturm.

The biggest reason I see martinez doing this event is to push his numbers, he had a good showing against chavez and now if be does big numbers in Argentina he can use it as a counter for the "he isn't a draw" argument when he tries to fry bigger fish if he gets past Murray. I mean the dude is fighting in a soccer stadium in one of the most passionate sports countries in the world with a fellow countryman on the undercard, I'm sure the fight will do well. I just hope there isn't a riot like last time.

I agree. Sergio so call out GGG when he wins, that will have HBO having wet dreams for months.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 11:00 AM) *

Agreed

He does need a comeback fight, and the chance to shake off a few cobwebs (not sure if that's one word or two). If I'm not mistaken, this is probably his longest layoff in the past few years, so that coupled with surgery and bruised fists, he does need a less than stellar opponent.

I'm not saying that Murray's a bum, but I'm sure they didn't hold this fight in Argentina against someone that would beat Sergio. Granted, Murray may be a tough cookie, but he was picked for a reason.

LMAO at that riot from a year ago (I believe). I remember some numb-nut biting his opponent on the shoulder, but still had his mouthpiece in while doing it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 12:17 PM) *
That fight aint going more thabn 6 rounds. I wonder if Chris will kiss Stiverne like he did that last guy when he was getting knocked out. Of course I guess I have to cheer for Chris since he is from my homestate but really I think he is a waste. The closer the fight gets which is tomorrow I guess I can get pumped up for it. If anything I will be excited to see Ricky Hatton. I wonder who does more coke Hatton or Oscar?

I agree. Sergio so call out GGG when he wins, that will have HBO having wet dreams for months.

You dont think its going more than six?! Interesting. I need to watch a few Stiverne fights to get a good idea of what to expect. I already know how fat ass is going to fight, so need to check out any of fights.

As for Ricky and Oscar's coke habits, the best question is, who does the most incriminating stuff while high? Ricky had suicidal ideations, which can somewhat normal, depending on what's going on in your life. Oscar on the hand, gets this itch to wear lingerie...that's not one of the first things that should cross your mind after snorting a line. Smh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:38 AM) *
Agreed

He does need a comeback fight, and the chance to shake off a few cobwebs (not sure if that's one word or two). If I'm not mistaken, this is probably his longest layoff in the past few years, so that coupled with surgery and bruised fists, he does need a less than stellar opponent.

I'm not saying that Murray's a bum, but I'm sure they didn't hold this fight in Argentina against someone that would beat Sergio. Granted, Murray may be a tough cookie, but he was picked for a reason.

LMAO at that riot from a year ago (I believe). I remember some numb-nut biting his opponent on the shoulder, but still had his mouthpiece in while doing it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You dont think its going more than six?! Interesting. I need to watch a few Stiverne fights to get a good idea of what to expect. I already know how fat ass is going to fight, so need to check out any of fights.

As for Ricky and Oscar's coke habits, the best question is, who does the most incriminating stuff while high? Ricky had suicidal ideations, which can somewhat normal, depending on what's going on in your life. Oscar on the hand, gets this itch to wear lingerie...that's not one of the first things that should cross your mind after snorting a line. Smh

I want to know what should you be thinking about? Maybe waffle house after the high?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 01:51 PM) *
I want to know what should you be thinking about? Maybe waffle house after the high?

I've never done coke before, so I wouldn't even know. I would imagine that it gets your subconscious going into 5th gear, but again, what man has the thought of wearing lingerie, at the forefront of mind?

Oh yeah...Waffle House is neeeever a bad idea! I'd go as far as saying that Shoney's would do the trick, but I'd hate to get one of those Shoney's rants going again. Wait a minute...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 01:51 PM) *

roscoe's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 25 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #20

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Bermane Stiverne. He looks like a mean fucker! I wonder if "Nipples" is gonna be in over his head?

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:23 PM