Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (Ponce de Leon Vs. Velez) Vs. Mares/ Donaire Vs. Rigondeaux
Marcus
post Feb 10 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

Do you guys think Cotto is setting up his future superstar to get slaughtered against Ponce? How do you guys see this fight going? I like Velez but I'm not to sold on him just yet. I think Ponce will be to slick/experienced/clever for him. What do you guys think?
If Ponce wins this fight which i think he will i think he will be to much for Mares, but how do you guys see Velez vs. Mares turning out?

As for Donaire vs. Rigo I think this fight is actually the best fight to be made at super bantamweight. I like Mares but he is over rated and Donaire would embarrass him. I think Rigo is capable of beating Donaire and that fight could go either way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 11 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Donaire is bitch (my opinion). He could have beaten Rigo and mares about a year ago with no problem, now he just looks stupid. He hasn't had a good win since montiel, while mares was in tournaments and fighting all comers, the best in the division this motherfucker has been lolly gagging fighting guys that are either past retirement or unknowns. As dirty as I think mares is at least he fights top competition, I don't blame abner for getting tired of this bs and moving up in weight. Donaire has no right to think he is the cream of the crop or being on a top p4p list he's acting like Bute was before he got his ass handed to him by Froch

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 12 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Velez is pulling out of the fight with an ankle injury. Boxing is having one hell of a year.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 12 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

disappointed that velez is injured...but it comes with the territory.

very excited about donaire/rigondeaux. i'm glad donaire stepped up to the plate. i think he's feeling brave because rigondeaux was rocked twice in his last fight. this is going to be a shoot out. donaire isn't going to have his usual length, speed and height advantage in this one. i'm eager to see it play out. if donaire can beat rigondeaux...then he is the best at 122. i think this fight is the toughest fight for him. mares is kind of made to order.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 12 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Well I guess this frees up ponce for mares. Does anyone know what weight the donaire fight is at?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 13 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 12 2013, 06:06 PM) *
Well I guess this frees up ponce for mares. Does anyone know what weight the donaire fight is at?

i think mares/ponce will be a helluva fight!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 14 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 13 2013, 03:49 PM) *
i think mares/ponce will be a helluva fight!

That's a good weight for the fight.

Mares and ponce would be good but id be scared of it ending in a headbutt but that fight seems to be building up since both have the same manager

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 12 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Velez is pulling out of the fight with an ankle injury. Boxing is having one hell of a year.

Pretty impressive year, huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 14 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I agree, if Donaire beats 'El Chacal' then I will gladly agree that he's one of the best. I'm sticking with Rigondeaux to be victorious!

Rigo. apparently changed his trainer to Cotto's trainer, whom I'm pretty sure Rigondeaux has trained with before because they were both part of the Cuban amateur system.

As long as having a new trainer doesn't mess with' el Chacal's' natural style, then I think he will be more dangerous. Better movement combined with that laserlike accuracy of the Cuban, good stuff.

Donaire's going to bring his A game so it should be a real treat. Some quality boxing should be on display (might end up being a very technical bout).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 02:11 AM) *
That's a good weight for the fight.

Mares and ponce would be good but id be scared of it ending in a headbutt but that fight seems to be building up since both have the same manager

mares should beat ponce...but ponce can still crack and abner is known to get hit. i'd love to see that fight. ponce could really shake up the structure in that one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:45 PM