Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather, grown up?
mgrover
post Sep 14 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Well reading the interview on the front page it seems hes a lot more humble, respectful towards others, while this can be seen as a good thing, i wonder how it will affect his boxing, i hope that killer instinct is still intact
he was very vague about his boxing career but do you think thats it? I personally wouldn't mind even if the Pac fight didn't happen, i don't like what ifs, but shit happens

I've got a feeling somewhere down the road he'll become a part of golden boy promotions to actually be a partner if Leather promotions can make some decent gates and numbers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Sep 14 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,368

well being locked up for 90 days, away from the lavish life he was used to will really change you lol. I think it'll be just fine if he does retire and not fight again. I mean who else is out there? Nothing more to prove. He'll be undefeated, retiring at his prime. The Pac fight has really lost its luster since Pacquiao is on a downhill for 3 fights now...will be 4 fights come Dec lol. It didn't happen before, it's not happening now and definitely not happening in the future. It'll be a part of boxing history's what if fights.

I think he'll be a great promoter. I hope he gets more fighters on his company. Hell he'll make a good commentator on HBO. Lots of things for him to do outside of fighting in the ring.

We need a new list of P4P anyways.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 14 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It does look like he's humbled himself and that's a great thing. Life and the experiences you have in life are more important then going 12 rds. I hope he continues to improve and enjoy his self> i do want to see him fight once or twice more but he can do what ever he wants. He put himself in a position to control his life

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 15 2012, 05:31 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

He hasn't humbled hImself, he is just playing coy about the situation. The only interesting thing that I got from the interview is that he said Dib, Gamboa, and Dirrell were signed to his promotional company. Other than that I got nothing from the interview.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Sep 15 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

As bad as i wanted him to fight this year, i cant be mad if he doesn't. He does seem more humble, or maybe he's opened his eyes to know he is not untouchable and is still a man, and now he has kids to hold off his legacy. With what put him in jail in the first place, he needs to settle things back at home. Cant have a gold diggin wife and be known by your kids for beating their mother. Seriously, he has it so good, i would hate to see him lose it all.

Plus the whole losing weight while in jail and only having to do pushups. He isnt in shape anymore and he knows it, ill give him a few months, hopefully he atleast announces another fight by then.

I wanted him to fight bradley by December, I still dont think that mayweather/pacquiao is going to be announced until 50 cent could get them together. I dont see it happening while pacquiao is still a top rank fighter....I know bradley is too but bradley has no argument to ask for a higher % for the fight purse so i'm nnot worried about him refusing.

If someone is going to steal the boxing spotlight as the p4p king or best boxer (currently) . Now is the time to do it

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 15 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 14 2012, 09:12 PM) *
Well reading the interview on the front page it seems hes a lot more humble, respectful towards others, while this can be seen as a good thing, i wonder how it will affect his boxing, i hope that killer instinct is still intact
he was very vague about his boxing career but do you think thats it? I personally wouldn't mind even if the Pac fight didn't happen, i don't like what ifs, but shit happens

I've got a feeling somewhere down the road he'll become a part of golden boy promotions to actually be a partner if Leather promotions can make some decent gates and numbers.

Agreed. I think that the process started before jail, but that definitely affected him too. As good as he is in the ring, I don't see it negatively affecting his boxing at all

Re. GBP, I'd b very surprised if that happens. Mayweather Promotions and TMT really do have a solid stable of boxers already and there are a lot of very good youngsters all over the world that they could sign and give TR and GBP a real run for their money.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 15 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

they have a solid stable, yet there not doing anything with it, and it seems most the fighters have been turned over to TMT, I think Mayweather Promotions may even come to flourish under the guidance of Al Haymon with Leonard as CEO

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 18 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 15 2012, 05:28 PM) *
they have a solid stable, yet there not doing anything with it, and it seems most the fighters have been turned over to TMT, I think Mayweather Promotions may even come to flourish under the guidance of Al Haymon with Leonard as CEO

I wasn't aware of those details, thanks. As it always does, time will tell.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

sitting alone in a cell for 90 days u run out of shit to do and really start to take a good hard, long look at yourself. i'm sure it was a life changing experience for him when there's absolutely no distractions.

i remember this quote..."when the water settles....u are able to look deeper." or something like that....it's about introspection and when u have no distractions...or ppl to point fingers at...u truly see the depths of who u are.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 19 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Im not sure if he completely changed...he just wasn't in there long enough in my eyes. I mean 60 days isn't long, compared to guys who have been sentenced to years, but shit, any day is too many days.

Im looking at Tyson's jail situation...he was in the ELEMENTS when he was in prison...not sure if he was in GP like that, but based on his stories, it seems like it. When he got out, the stuff that he witnessed, seemed to ruin him in a sense.

I know for a fact that jail does something to a guy mentally, but the everyday citizen bullshit that normal people would have to deal with after 60 days of jail, which equates to missing about 4 paychecks (bi-weekly) or 8 paychecks (weekly)...something that would horribly set an average person back, or fuck them up completely.

In Floyd's case, coming home to a mansion (or 2, or 3) a healthy family, a job, cars, and millions of dollars...some (if not all) of that jail sentence should've somewhat rolled off his back. If he comes back acting a nut, then he's simply amping it up and overdoing it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 11:05 PM