Marcus
post Jan 14 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

Burns Vs. Vazquez
Who do you guys think will win?

IF Vazquez wins, could this possibly go on The Mayweather 4, 2013 undercard? who would win in Broner Vazquez? Vazquez would be a Ring Magazine Mexican 2x lightweight champion. Im sure his fan base would grow to if he beat Burns at home.

If burns wins it would be more entertaining to see him Vs. Broner. What do you think about that fight if burns beats Vazquez convincingly?

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 14 2013, 04:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 14 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I've only watched Vazquez twice and both times he faced so-so opponents (including Mercito Gesta). Burns is ostensibly better than those guys, so Burns has to be the favourite.
That being said, I did like how Marquez fought a textbook fight against the supposedly dangerous Mercito Gesta.

I'm not dismissing Marquez, but Burns should win because of his boxing ability (which is at least equal, if not superiour, to Marquez') and intelligent aggression.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 14 2013, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm going to go with Burns, I'm not high on either fighter but a more important matchup awaits if Burns can get past Vazquez. He and Broner have business to tend to and this would actually be pretty good for Burns and Broner. If they fight the WBC, WBA, and WBO titles can be unified. That adds to the intrigue

Vazquez is a bit boring to me, he fought a disciplined fight his last time out, but will that be enough to get him the W against Burns? We shall see

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 14 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

ummm...anyone have links to either fighter? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) i have no idea who you're talking about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 14 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 14 2013, 07:23 PM) *
ummm...anyone have links to either fighter? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) i have no idea who you're talking about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Burns(WBO Lightweight Champion from scottland. Former WBO Superfeather weight champ. Broner wanted to fight him for his WBO title at 130 but Burns wasnt ready and vacated the title to move up to 135. He's a brawler/warrior. He has a nice following in the U.K.) Vs. Katsidis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HbDTS4KHk

Burns Vs. Mitchell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sISQn6xF1rc

Vazquez(Mexican IBF Mxican Lightweight champion. Very awkward style but not an exciting fighter. His only loses are to Alvarez at 140&147 and to Bradley at 140. He fought 4 times last year and has been defending his title since 2010.) Vs. Prescott:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfxzXfm7Yw

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 14 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2013, 07:20 PM) *
I'm going to go with Burns, I'm not high on either fighter but a more important matchup awaits if Burns can get past Vazquez. He and Broner have business to tend to and this would actually be pretty good for Burns and Broner. If they fight the WBC, WBA, and WBO titles can be unified. That adds to the intrigue

Vazquez is a bit boring to me, he fought a disciplined fight his last time out, but will that be enough to get him the W against Burns? We shall see

Yea, burns also has the hometown advantage. Smart move. Burns is raising his stock before fighting Broner. A win against Vazquez would be great for him and would further solidify his standing as a light weight. Broner is the favorite in the division but he hasn't yet accomplished what burns has or will if Burns beats Vazquez. I'd love to see Broner Vs. Abril in the meantime should Abril win his upcoming 135 WBA title fight. Everyone is so keen on Broner moving up to 140 but 135 has so many great fights and styles to be matched. 135 is a great division. And honestly i think its time to start unifying titles again... Its time for there t be an undisputed champion again.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 14 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Yea, burns also has the hometown advantage. Smart move. Burns is raising his stock before fighting Broner. A win against Vazquez would be great for him and would further solidify his standing as a light weight. Broner is the favorite in the division but he hasn't yet accomplished what burns has or will if Burns beats Vazquez. I'd love to see Broner Vs. Abril in the meantime should Abril win his upcoming 135 WBA title fight. Everyone is so keen on Broner moving up to 140 but 135 has so many great fights and styles to be matched. 135 is a great division. And honestly i think its time to start unifying titles again... Its time for there t be an undisputed champion again.

That's what I want to see happen, it's been so long since there's been a unified champ in these divisions. Whoever wins Burns-Vazquez and then they can face Broner, the winner of that fight will have 3 of the 4 major belts and can fight a fall or end of the year match against Abril. It's plenty of solid matchups that can be made in that division and I'm glad Broner isn't caving into pressure from these media know it all's to rapidly go up in weight and fight the fights they want him to fight

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 15 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

No doubt vasquez has the tools to stink almost anyone out, but even if he does he isn't pulling a decision over seas.

I don't think burns has any intention of fighting broner either way, this is the third time he has ducked (yes ducked) a fight w/broner, even though I think he would be a good challenge.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 15 2013, 07:54 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Who cares who wins. If Broner wasnt on the horizon nobody would give two shits about either of these stiffs. Burns turned down 350 grand to fight Broner. I hope he gets put to sleep in front of his fans.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 15 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm going to give the slight edge to Burns. I think Burns wont make the mistakes most Vasquez victims make. Vasquez seems to pounce on the fighters with low ring IQ or ones that aren't mentally tough enough. Fighters like Ortiz lol I thnk Burns will be content with boxing Vasquez all night. Plus, am I right in saying that Burns has the hometown advantage in this one?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:21 PM