IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do Pacquaio's political ambitions mean for the Philippines?
Cheesey1
post Oct 28 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Yep Cheesey, dont be fooled...that's a Romney-style binder. Manny filled it up with Filipino women before he hopped on the plane...gotta expand Romney's stable. I'm not hatin'...all I ask, is that they share the love.

I need to be able to rate this plethora of women that they congregate about. Fair? Asking too much? Not asking for enough? Let me know...

Sounds fair to me. Nothing's wrong with picking up a few lessons from two God fearing macks.

"Not asking for enough," ha! Don't push your luck...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 30 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 12 2012, 05:58 PM) *
You know what I think manny is playing dumb or is smarter than we think. I'm sure he figured that if he signed an extension w/ top rank he would get walk forward opposition to make him look good and if he opted out he would be expected/demanded to take on tougher opponents and wouldn't have the "oh my promoter picks my fights I just fight" excuse.

I'm starting to think this whole sudden deep church involvement is because of his politics and not because of him. The guy was a rascal before and a little after this politician thing started and Philippinos are very religious. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just doing it to gain support.. but again this is just my gut feeling

i thought it had something to do with his wife rejecting him wanting to renew their vows or some shit after the last jmm fight?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 30 2012, 07:17 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 12 2012, 06:58 PM) *
You know what I think manny is playing dumb or is smarter than we think. I'm sure he figured that if he signed an extension w/ top rank he would get walk forward opposition to make him look good and if he opted out he would be expected/demanded to take on tougher opponents and wouldn't have the "oh my promoter picks my fights I just fight" excuse.

I'm starting to think this whole sudden deep church involvement is because of his politics and not because of him. The guy was a rascal before and a little after this politician thing started and Philippinos are very religious. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just doing it to gain support.. but again this is just my gut feeling

It may be a bit of both, he may be playing dumb and he may be smarter than we think. Who knows? Ya never know with this guy. Don't most/all politicians play the religion card, to get supporters? Sounds like he's following the blueprint. LMAO at you calling him a rascal...haven't heard that word in a while.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 30 2012, 02:44 AM) *
i thought it had something to do with his wife rejecting him wanting to renew their vows or some shit after the last jmm fight?

Probably had more to do with his wife threatening to leave his ass. You know how the typical married and unfaithful husband does when his wife is about to get the fuck outta dodge...they usually "get it together" so she wont leave.

Selling bars and some of the stuff that he owned, could very well have meant that he was either strapped for cash, or he wasn't making as much money as he was putting in. It happens. Now that I go back to Checkleft's point, Manny may be smarter than we think..."It's cheaper to keep her". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 30 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

nobody has thought of this, but were all here blaming Arum for the fight not happening, and Manny is easily smart enough to know that if he stays with Arum the Mayweather fight will always be out of his reach, so he stays with Arum, Arum soaks up all the hate and Manny is looking nice and innocent, an elaborate way to duck Mayweather and a pretty smart way too. While where all made to believe that it's all Arums fault, the oldest trick in the book (playing dumb) seems to of worked a treat.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 30 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 30 2012, 11:03 AM) *
nobody has thought of this, but were all here blaming Arum for the fight not happening, and Manny is easily smart enough to know that if he stays with Arum the Mayweather fight will always be out of his reach, so he stays with Arum, Arum soaks up all the hate and Manny is looking nice and innocent, an elaborate way to duck Mayweather and a pretty smart way too. While where all made to believe that it's all Arums fault, the oldest trick in the book (playing dumb) seems to of worked a treat.

I've often thought that too. I mean the guy did sign an extension relatively quickly no questions asked, right after manny basically got jipped out of a decision win, which I believe arum had involvement in, but who knows.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 30 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2012, 07:17 AM) *
It may be a bit of both, he may be playing dumb and he may be smarter than we think. Who knows? Ya never know with this guy. Don't most/all politicians play the religion card, to get supporters? Sounds like he's following the blueprint. LMAO at you calling him a rascal...haven't heard that word in a while.

Probably had more to do with his wife threatening to leave his ass. You know how the typical married and unfaithful husband does when his wife is about to get the fuck outta dodge...they usually "get it together" so she wont leave.

Selling bars and some of the stuff that he owned, could very well have meant that he was either strapped for cash, or he wasn't making as much money as he was putting in. It happens. Now that I go back to Checkleft's point, Manny may be smarter than we think..."It's cheaper to keep her". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

i didn't want to believe that....but it's true. some lessons have to be learned the hard way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 7 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Stating the obvious, but all I'm doing is speculating. I think the cleaning up routine is all part of the play for the highest political office in his country. In my opinion that includes not getting divorced. I'm not saying that he isn't also doing this because it's cheaper to keep her, but that's all in the context of the ultimate goal, the presidency of the Philippines. I don't know what the divorce laws are like in his country, but I'd be surprised if she'd be entitled to much.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:44 AM