IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ARUM TELLS RIGONDEAX TO FIGHT MORE FAN FRIENDLY, ????
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:34 AM) *
You got that right, I don't understand how people don't see his strong dislike for black fighters, well some not all. Wait til Crawford has another dull outing, we're going to have to hear his mouth about how Terrence needs to fight more offensive and this and that and blah blah blah. I think he underestimated Rigondeaux's whole team, he thought he was just going to keep sending shots at then and then when it was time for them to respond be too scared to say something back. I also think he's underestimating Bradley

I agree especially about Rigo. I think, for the jump, you can tell Tim is pretty intelligent and about his business. I think he thought Rigo was going to be his little foreign slave. Like he picked him up outside of a Home Depot waiting for work. But I'll take it a step further. I don't think he thought he'd beat Donaire.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 07:58 PM) *
I agree especially about Rigo. I think, for the jump, you can tell Tim is pretty intelligent and about his business. I think he thought Rigo was going to be his little foreign slave. Like he picked him up outside of a Home Depot waiting for work. But I'll take it a step further. I don't think he thought he'd beat Donaire.

I agree, he thinks that people are going to just let him get away with taking these cheap shots at them. Arum seems to think more highly of himself then others do. He never thought Rigondeaux would defeat Nonito. If Nonito would have won that fight he wouldn't have had a bad word to say about Rigondeaux. He would've spoke of how he gave a great effort and on and on, but because Rigo upset the applecart in a major way, he's getting dissed by the network and his own promoter who's supposed to have his back. He sent shots at them and they sent shots right back. If he tries to do that stuff with Tim, I have a feeling he's going to bite off more then he can chew

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 22 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #33

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I wonder why people even listen to Arum anymore. The old guy is worse than King. Bet he smells like geritol and merlot.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 23 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 08:58 PM) *

I cant say that Timmy was all that smart. He turned down $2.5M to face a guy (Peterson) that he had already beaten years ago. This was AFTER the Pacquiao fight, which he was guaranteed $5M. Not only that, but Tim knew that the fight didn't sell well, and the whole thing backfired, so why not take half of that money to stay busy?

To make matters worse, he was almost on "shelf" status, when he started blabbing about Arum and so on. He went on to take what Im sure was a smaller amount against Provonikov, who almost knocked him out of the Stub Hub Center. Sitting around demanding $10M for a Pac rematch, while turning down $2.5M, just to go on and almost jizz it away against a more dangerous fighter for even less, isn't the smartest thing Bradley's done in his career. Lol

For all I know though, that who debacle with him and Arum, the first Pac fight, rematch talks, and the declined Peterson rematch...could all be Tim and Bob's organized shenanigans. Just the talks, doubts, and "uncertain certainties" before and after the Pac match, put me in the mindset that Bob was doing his usual ventriloquist show with Tim, or Tim just sounds corny and uncertain all the time. Lol

I can see Bob letting Rigondeaux slide out of his contract, just as he did with Gamboa...there's nothing that he can do with their images anyway. Now, for Chavez and Donaire, they should be ready for backlash and litigation, if they ever decide to try and jump ship...as if it hasn't happened before.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 23 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 23 2013, 09:25 AM) *
I cant say that Timmy was all that smart. He turned down $2.5M to face a guy (Peterson) that he had already beaten years ago. This was AFTER the Pacquiao fight, which he was guaranteed $5M. Not only that, but Tim knew that the fight didn't sell well, and the whole thing backfired, so why not take half of that money to stay busy?

To make matters worse, he was almost on "shelf" status, when he started blabbing about Arum and so on. He went on to take what Im sure was a smaller amount against Provonikov, who almost knocked him out of the Stub Hub Center. Sitting around demanding $10M for a Pac rematch, while turning down $2.5M, just to go on and almost jizz it away against a more dangerous fighter for even less, isn't the smartest thing Bradley's done in his career. Lol

For all I know though, that who debacle with him and Arum, the first Pac fight, rematch talks, and the declined Peterson rematch...could all be Tim and Bob's organized shenanigans. Just the talks, doubts, and "uncertain certainties" before and after the Pac match, put me in the mindset that Bob was doing his usual ventriloquist show with Tim, or Tim just sounds corny and uncertain all the time. Lol

I can see Bob letting Rigondeaux slide out of his contract, just as he did with Gamboa...there's nothing that he can do with their images anyway. Now, for Chavez and Donaire, they should be ready for backlash and litigation, if they ever decide to try and jump ship...as if it hasn't happened before.

I meant smart as in not some dude agreeing to and signing whatever. He actually speaks up in regards to his career as opposed to most fighters getting dicked around and being yes men. Also, he talked a good enough game to get that Pacquiao fight.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Oct 24 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:34 AM) *
You got that right, I don't understand how people don't see his strong dislike for black fighters, well some not all. Wait til Crawford has another dull outing, we're going to have to hear his mouth about how Terrence needs to fight more offensive and this and that and blah blah blah. I think he underestimated Rigondeaux's whole team, he thought he was just going to keep sending shots at then and then when it was time for them to respond be too scared to say something back. I also think he's underestimating Bradley

Please, Arum is not a racist. He has nothing against black fighters. I don't like Arum, I think his PPV cards are trash, and I want to see him out of boxing...but calling the man a racist is idiotic.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 24 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 24 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Please, Arum is not a racist. He has nothing against black fighters. I don't like Arum, I think his PPV cards are trash, and I want to see him out of boxing...but calling the man a racist is idiotic.

Wtf? Did you hear me call him a racist stupid! I said he has a strong dislike of black fighters. Don't enter the arena with me bro cuz you will get your dumb ass dusted. Suck his dick if you want to but the proof is in the pudding. This is the same guy who told Floyd that his people don't buy things.... i.e. PPV's. This is what had me look at the man funny. Wtf does that even mean? So we bootleggers or some shit? When Floyd wanted to change his image he had a problem with the direction Floyd wanted to go in. If you look at Arum's history he's always calling black fighters the next fill in the blank boxer. Much the way he called Mayweather Jr the next Ray Leonard. Name the African American fighters on Arum's roster?

You say he's not a racist but this is the same guy who dissed MMA fans and called them a racial slur. Look at his treatment of Rigondeaux, he took shots at Crawford after his last performance and instead of showing support to Tim after besting Manny, hour called for an investigation lol. Now I believe Manny won the fight but if that had been Bradley losing that close he would've never done it. Now does that make him racist, I don't know. Some people believe he is but I didn't call him racist. I said he has a strong dislike for African American fighters. He ain't the only one like that. Pay attention before you call somebody an idiot dickhead

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 24 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 24 2013, 08:39 PM) *

Wanna rethink that statement? And this is coming from a guy who just had the first open homosexual in the sport on his card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 24 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2013, 10:23 PM) *

Wanna rethink that statement? And this is coming from a guy who just had the first open homosexual in the sport on his card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

LMAO! Arum is a scum bag who occasionally drops gems!

What's with the interviewer getting his thong in a bunch, when Arum ripped MMA? I mean shit dude, you're interviewing a guy whose atop of BOXING. Those silly ass numbers that this guy spewed about MMA selling over 1.7M and 1M PPVs for those fights, stop it dude!

For these folks who say that MMA is better than boxing...just kill yourself. When any of those guys are cracking over $5M per fight (if they're making that much per fight), then we'll talk. You'll have an easier time spewing gay slurs, than you will telling these bass heads, that boxing is better than MMA (at least numbers wise).

I laughed at how the interviewer asked, "Any part of you a little bit upset at how good they're (MMA) doing, that's why you're taking the shots?" Dude, give it a rest. Boxing sons MMA all day long...it cant even hold boxing's jock strap.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 24 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Arum is a piece of shit. The moment he mentioned the skinhead thing and the guy said "I take offense to that. I'm Jewish", he should have apologized. C'mon man. All you have to say is MMA isn't for me and I'm not threatened by their numbers. Arum strikes me as a guy who still calls black people colored.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:01 PM