Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jan 12 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Whoa! Big news so I have thoughts on who should step in.

The winner of Green vs. Bika should take his spot. Bute isn't going to take his spot IMO being a champion and coming in with zero points.

Man, it's been a hard year for Jermain Taylor (and Miguel Cotto for that matter).

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 12 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Great news!

I was really concerned that Jermain was gonna get killed in there. You know who I want as a replacement? Lucian Bute.

Jack

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 12 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 12 2010, 05:06 PM) *
good move.

Co-sign.

You know who I want as a replacement? Lucian Bute.

He's the logical replacement. Considered one of the best yet isn't in the tournament? Didn't really make sense from the start.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jan 12 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #6

Proud American

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,577

Throw Bad Chad in there or hell let Hopkins in. He fought at 170 recently so two more pounds shouldn't be a big deal. The only problem with that is the money. I wouldn't mind seeing Pascal in there.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 12 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

From my understanding, Bute makes more money by fighting in Canada. I doubt he'll replace Taylor.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 12 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #8

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

I'm pretty sure the upcoming Green-Bika fight was put together with the idea in mind that the winner would replace Taylor in the tournament should he drop out.

Good move by JT stepping down. I'm all for him continuing his career if he chooses to, but he really needs to take a couple softer touches to get his confidence back. Continuing on against high level opps like Ward and Kessler would not have been wise.

I've got Bika beating Green and entering the tournament.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jan 12 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

By Rick Reeno

Promoter Lou DiBella confirmed to BoxingScene.com that the winner of Allan Green vs. Sakio Bika, scheduled for February 5 on Showtime, will face WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward in the second stage of the Super Six tournament on April 17.

Ward had been scheduled to fight Jermain Taylor, who announced his withdrawal from the tournament on Tuesday. Taylor lost four of his last five fights and wants to spend some time with his family. He suffered two brutal knockouts in 2009 at the hands of Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham.

Rumors continue to circulate that Taylor received a buyout from Showtime to walk away from the tournament. DiBella, no longer the promoter for Taylor, was not able to confirm or deny that piece of information. DiBella, concerned with the fighter's health, walked away as Taylor's promoter after the fighter announced his plan to move forward with Ward.

A few insiders are under the impression that Taylor's prior announcement to continue in the tournament was a calculated bluff by Taylor and manager Al Haymon to receive a buyout from Showtime. A very strong rumor when considering the facts: Green-Bika recently announced for Feb 5, Taylor's "timely" decision to withdraw - and Haymon's involvement with Bika.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 12 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Let's just pray that Bika beats Green. He adds INSTANT excitement to the tournament. Imagine a potential matchup between Froch and Bika...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 06:36 PM