IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #181

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Dolimite wants literary justice, and we dont give a fuuuuuuck!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good times!

welcome to a typcial drunken Sat night Doli!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 13 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #182

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

What were the scores? Couldn't hear them cuz people wouldn't stfu.

Anyway, my thoughts on the fight. One of the most accurate views/scoring by HBO to date. Rigondeaux clearly controlled and won the fight. Donaire only won one round. Of course Donaire with the excuses, he was clearly very sad about the loss, I mean it is pretty embarrassing. I was calling it, that this was probably going to be like Miesha Tate/Ronda Rousey all over again. The top of the line champ losing to the professionally inexperienced non-deserving come up. Rigondeaux was the smarter and more skilled fighter of the two, however I do believe one of Donaire's excuses, that he overlooked the fight, because he clearly didn't have a gameplan to me. He didn't know what to do, while Rigondeaux pulled him in to his fight perfectly. I give props to Garcia working with his fighter, trying to make clear adjustments in the fight, but in the end it wasn't enough. Rigondeaux had his number, congrats.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #183

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

'El Chacal - The Cuban Conundrum.'

He should really weigh his options now. If TR don't show him some real money (I believe his extension expires in a year), then he should change promoters. Those gold grills aren't cheap.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Apr 13 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #184

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Now I can collect my $800 bet from my female friend. She was confident that Donaire was going to K.O. Rigo in the later rounds. I told her this is a man that knows the fundamentals of boxing. Hit and don't get hit. Body work early reward with headshots. Rigo is a defense first counter puncher. Donaire is the aggressive one which played into Rigo's strength. Donaire could have won by using his reach and jab to the body then set up left hook to the top. He got too easily frustrated and had no other game plan. Great dominant "boxing" performance by Rigo.

+Quote Post
Genius
post Apr 13 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #185

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

How you guys think Mares would do against both men? I think he gets iced by both men...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 13 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #186

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Dump her....NOOOOOW!!!

LMAO

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Dolimite wants literary justice, and we dont give a fuuuuuuck!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good times!

welcome to a typcial drunken Sat night Doli!

Somebody tell C to go to bed! I'm gettin an ab workout just laughing!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 13 2013, 11:41 PM) *

He should really weigh his options now. If TR don't show him some real money (I believe his extension expires in a year), then he should change promoters. Those gold grills aren't cheap.

Lmao, bet you they aren't more expensive than my braces tho... No joke smh

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #187

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 14 2013, 12:41 AM) *

I believe that Arum will have Rigo's last fight scheduled on the last day of his contract, just to ruffle his feathers and push into signing an extension. No way he beats Arum's golden goose and gets off easy.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Apr 13 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #188

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Genius @ Apr 14 2013, 12:45 AM) *
How you guys think Mares would do against both men? I think he gets iced by both men...

Agreed but it would be interesting to see the body work battle between Mares and Rigo, I think Rigo beats and stops Mares. Donaire stops Mares early.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #189

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Genius @ Apr 14 2013, 12:45 AM) *

Rigondeaux, no doubt about it, he'd most likely stop him. There would be just too many opportunities for Guillermo. Donaire probably beats Mares, but it would be a lot more competitive.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 13 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #190

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I had a ball tonight! Great meeting of the minds and skill beat talent tonight. Plus, my boy asked me to review some fights of a somewhat known Filipino up and comer because he may have a chance to train him and he wants my help. I'm AMPED! Finally some fuckin BOXING! Fuck that bar room bullshit. If I wanna see guys fight like theyre as buzzed as I am, I'll go knock on my neighbors door and snuff him.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:32 PM