> Terence Crawford vs Broner, Crawford on par talent wise
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 1 2013, 10:20 AM) *
waaaayyyy too much.I disagree..Broner was being tagged by the last MIDGET HE FOUGHT-- Broner is being hyped a bit and I don't think he has fought anyone that could do him any damage. After Malignaggi boxes his ears off people will see and will be talking of going down to 140-- Broner I feel is in for an awakening as he enters the 147 pound waters.

Disagree if you will, no problem there.

Boxing fans just do the most at times. This untested guy beat Prescott for the love of God, and suddenly he'll be able to hang with Broner? Hopefully this thread was opened, JUST for the sake of opening a thread, because the matchup is just too far-fetched.

I dont agree with people putting that much stock into Broner either, and as much as I cant stand Broner, he beats Crawford six days out of the week and twice on Sunday. The kid has great lateral movement and a great jab, but let's face it, Broner can get to him quicker than the million times that Prescott attempted and failed at.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 1 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:04 PM) *
Disagree if you will, no problem there.

Boxing fans just do the most at times. This untested guy beat Prescott for the love of God, and suddenly he'll be able to hang with Broner? Hopefully this thread was opened, JUST for the sake of opening a thread, because the matchup is just too far-fetched.

I dont agree with people putting that much stock into Broner either, and as much as I cant stand Broner, he beats Crawford six days out of the week and twice on Sunday. The kid has great lateral movement and a great jab, but let's face it, Broner can get to him quicker than the million times that Prescott attempted and failed at.

What makes you so sure... he would beat him six days out of the week... Based on what? I could see if Broner has been beating up on serious competition but he has not still is a ? This thread was started because Broner has been branded the truth and the future, yet he has fought no one. I have seen Broner and he is damned good, but I was more impressed with this guy's overall skill set. he showed a variety of punches and took some good whacks to the jaw from a heavy handed guy above him in weight-- Impressive- in some ways more impressive that what Broner has been doing- especially fighting on less than one week;s notice I am just not as sold on Broner as many are and I think 147 will be a wakeup call for him-- often the media builds a guy up into where even knowledgeable people by into the hype-- Broner until he beats legit people is HYPE-- and there is nothing wrong with speculating on how he would fare against anyone- he is still a baby in the game... This guy Crawford seems to be every bit as talented and even better defensively--

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 1 2013, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

this crawford kid was the pleasant surprise of the evening. i thought i was going to be watching rock 'em sock 'em robots. i had no idea he was fighting and when i sat down to watch...i was immediately impressed. i heard of him...but never actually saw him fight. the fact that he took this fight on 5 days notice and moved up a weight class against such a dangerous opponent speaks volumes about his and his teams confidence. i will admit that i am disappointed he is with top rank because he'll be the b-side to much less skillful guys like he was on that card simply because arum doesn't know how to promote him. he'll be appreciated by much more intelligent boxing fans. i enjoyed his fight much more than the rios/alvarado fight. watching them...it was almost frustrating to see them take some many unnecessary punches and very little adjustment. my head hurt by the 2nd round and i was cringing through most of the night. the thing about fights like those....these guy both ended up in the hospital. they both left a lot of themselves in that ring. whatever they were paid for this fight will not be enough for what they gave physically. sometimes fighters need to be saved from themselves. unfortunately, the promoter, the network and the teams of both guys don't give a shit. they'll throw these guys right back up on the chopping block to make "history" with some bullshit trilogy and over selling by hbo.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 1 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 1 2013, 05:15 PM) *
I think he's faster than Broner in leg/footspeed but AB's hands appear to be faster and yes, he will be a threat to any fighter at 140.

hence why he won't get fights with the best of them soon. they'll all say he needs to prove himself and fight more competition etc

i meant that about crawford, thought you were on about crawford lol

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 1 2013, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 1 2013, 03:49 PM) *
What makes you so sure... he would beat him six days out of the week... Based on what? I could see if Broner has been beating up on serious competition but he has not still is a ? This thread was started because Broner has been branded the truth and the future, yet he has fought no one. I have seen Broner and he is damned good, but I was more impressed with this guy's overall skill set. he showed a variety of punches and took some good whacks to the jaw from a heavy handed guy above him in weight-- Impressive- in some ways more impressive that what Broner has been doing- especially fighting on less than one week;s notice I am just not as sold on Broner as many are and I think 147 will be a wakeup call for him-- often the media builds a guy up into where even knowledgeable people by into the hype-- Broner until he beats legit people is HYPE-- and there is nothing wrong with speculating on how he would fare against anyone- he is still a baby in the game... This guy Crawford seems to be every bit as talented and even better defensively--

The thing is, Broner may possess the same (or better) skillset as Crawford, but he hasn't fought anybody that forces him to use it. As for Crawford, he has an impressive skillset, but he needed to use that against Prescott. People clamor over Broner's victories, and I agree, he hasn't done much, but we must use treat Crawford the same, because he fought Prescott, nobody special.

Just because Crawford's skills worked against a slower slugger, doesn't equate to him hanging in there with Broner, who's shown us his offense AND defense, but as you said, he's shown it against sub par competition. I guess that's where the rubber meets the road, if Crawford and Broner are ever across the ring from each other.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

i may be in the minority here....but judging from the skills crawford displayed against prescott....i believe it's safe to say he can do that with just about any of the top guys in the division. he seemed very poised. a fight with him and broner might play out way differently because they are sort of cut from the same cloth stylistically speaking. broner appears to be a bit faster and stronger. i would welcome the match...but casual fighter fans might not appreciate the chess match it would be.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 1 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 08:54 PM) *
i may be in the minority here....but judging from the skills crawford displayed against prescott....i believe it's safe to say he can do that with just about any of the top guys in the division. he seemed very poised. a fight with him and broner might play out way differently because they are sort of cut from the same cloth stylistically speaking. broner appears to be a bit faster and stronger. i would welcome the match...but casual fighter fans might not appreciate the chess match it would be.

You said a key word- "poised"--- this guy was not rattled in the slightest and seemed very cerebral in there. Not saying that his opposition was not limited to a degree but on short notice this guy was hitting on all cylinders...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 1 2013, 08:39 PM) *
You said a key word- "poised"--- this guy was not rattled in the slightest and seemed very cerebral in there. Not saying that his opposition was not limited to a degree but on short notice this guy was hitting on all cylinders...

prescott is not joke. he was swinging for the fences and actually landed a few shots. crawford just went about his business and showed plenty different looks in the ring. i got the feeling that he's one of those guys that the better the competition gets...the more we'll see.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 2 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 1 2013, 10:20 AM) *
waaaayyyy too much.I disagree..Broner was being tagged by the last MIDGET HE FOUGHT-- Broner is being hyped a bit and I don't think he has fought anyone that could do him any damage. After Malignaggi boxes his ears off people will see and will be talking of going down to 140-- Broner I feel is in for an awakening as he enters the 147 pound waters.

I seriously think people are putting way too much weight into that performance. Did anyone every care to think that broner knew his competition was limited that night so he chose to be in harms way to try to put on a show? Demarco was the best in the division and broner demolished him, showing when he's really focused he can be world class.

As for Crawford he was very good but idk why he wants to go back down after this fight. Does he normally fight as a south paw? And BTW did anyone feel the irony w/arum being so excited about having a good defensive fighter even tho he always calls mayweather boring? Lol

Another point is it me or is it weird that fighters who don't do so great in the ams are better pros recently? Broner/Crawford were good in the ams but not great and yet they seem to be a few levels above most blue chip ams that come out. I love how these two came out of nowhere tho!

Btw am I the only one who thinks this dude is gonna have a hard time attracting anyone at LW now? I'm pretty sure he even made ppl at 140 nervously with a show like that

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 2 2013, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 2 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 1 2013, 03:24 PM) *
hence why he won't get fights with the best of them soon. they'll all say he needs to prove himself and fight more competition etc

i meant that about crawford, thought you were on about crawford lol

I'm an instant fan of this kid, he has all the wrinkles-about the only thing I haven't seen from him is his punching power and ability to come back from adversity if he was tagged/his beard but I'm certain that he will get better fights after the way he easily befuddled Prescott.

We (fans of the sport) have to put this into perspective, this kid took this bout on short notice and easily whupped a man who destroyed Amir Khan.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:18 PM