IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
Hotsauce
post May 18 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #71

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

after watching these fights, mayweather has plenty of opponents.

it should be mayweather/canelo at 154, garcia/matthysse at 140 and khan/alexander at 147.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 19 2013, 08:24 AM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 05:27 AM) *
When Broner struggles with Malignaggi.. afterwards I hope he keeps his slave mentality nasty stripper coochie eating mouth shut---

Broner should be in camp, its like he is at every fight. He is talented but has 0 discipline. He is going to take a L early in his career for his lack of discipline. I like Paulie and I am pulling for him in this fight. I am.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 19 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Fat Dan is at it again, he sent out more tweets the other day and now he is saying that his "industry sources" tell him that the Mayweather-Guerrero PPV did only 870k and that it will fall well short of hitting a Mili..he went on about how he's known these people for years and they swear on their children that's the actual numbers blah blah blah

So let's say those are the actual numbers. How do you guys think this changes Mayweather's and Showtime's thought process going forward and in regards to his next fight?

This post has been edited by mrchitown: May 19 2013, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 19 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2013, 10:33 PM) *
Fat Dan is at it again, he sent out more tweets the other day and now he is saying that his "industry sources" tell him that the Mayweather-Guerrero PPV did only 870k and that it will fall well short of hitting a Mili..he went on about how he's known these people for years and they swear on their children that's the actual numbers blah blah blah

So let's say those are the actual numbers. How do you guys think this changes Mayweather's and Showtime's thought process going forward and in regards to his next fight?

My best friends, mothers, step fathers, dog told me that the PPV did 1.1 million but yano not to brag lol.

Realistically if they were the numbers ah damn lol, Floyd still gets his 32 million and a cut of the PPV.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 19 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #75

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

floyd should fight canelo in september. then matthysse/garcia winner in may. if cotto gets back on the winning track, you got cotto II next september. those fights would sell well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 19 2013, 06:14 PM) *
My best friends, mothers, step fathers, dog told me that the PPV did 1.1 million but yano not to brag lol.

Realistically if they were the numbers ah damn lol, Floyd still gets his 32 million and a cut of the PPV.

LOL, yeah man I agree. I find it funny how he never went out of his way to speak to his sources about those Pacquiao PPV numbers

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 19 2013, 07:23 PM) *
floyd should fight canelo in september. then matthysse/garcia winner in may. if cotto gets back on the winning track, you got cotto II next september. those fights would sell well.

Nice....that's a pretty good timeline and fight lineup you posed there

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 20 2013, 08:20 AM
Post #78

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think, if at all, Floyd should fight Canelo in May. Not only will it allow Canelo to build his name resume' even more, it will allow him to work on his English to appeal to the US fans. I think the fight that Floyd SHOULD take is Cotto in September. #1 He pisses on the chances of Canelo's team making the Cotto fight and saying "we tried everything we could but Floyd ducked us so we're fighting Cotto. A true champion" (In another thread, predicted this will happen). #2 He gets to avenge what he feels was a less than stellar performance. #3 He makes money off of a marketable fighter/fight because, although Cotto lost, he looked fairly good vs Floyd. End of the day, I think Floyd will still make more money fighting Cotto than guys like Alexander, Garcia, Matthysse.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 20 2013, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 20 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #79

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 19 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Broner should be in camp, its like he is at every fight. He is talented but has 0 discipline. He is going to take a L early in his career for his lack of discipline. I like Paulie and I am pulling for him in this fight. I am.

Malignaggi has been in with some great comp. Broner was getting tagged by the last midget he faced. Malignaggi can box. Broner is going to have to go for a KO and he may get matadored... I am not sold on Broner's skills in the ring.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 20 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 20 2013, 06:20 AM) *
I think, if at all, Floyd should fight Canelo in May. Not only will it allow Canelo to build his name resume' even more, it will allow him to work on his English to appeal to the US fans. I think the fight that Floyd SHOULD take is Cotto in September. #1 He pisses on the chances of Canelo's team making the Cotto fight and saying "we tried everything we could but Floyd ducked us so we're fighting Cotto. A true champion" (In another thread, predicted this will happen). #2 He gets to avenge what he feels was a less than stellar performance. #3 He makes money off of a marketable fighter/fight because, although Cotto lost, he looked fairly good vs Floyd. End of the day, I think Floyd will still make more money fighting Cotto than guys like Alexander, Garcia, Matthysse.

If he loses to Cotto or looks like shit then what? That is a risk and money down the pipe hole. Or if Canelo faces Cotto and looks like shit then what?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 04:48 PM