IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> which up coming fight are you most excited about.., and why?
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Big Floyd started it.....the article in which Ruben Guerrero started talking trash was in response to the Floyd SR interview here on fighthype

If they got at it tho I think Big Floyd will finish it too but I don't think it'll get that far

Okay so Big Floyd started it. I read on boxingscene that Guerrero said something about knocking out Floyd Sr. and that is what Floyd Sr. was responding to. Whoever started it, it should be interesting either way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

As long as it stays thru interviews it's cool, they just promoting the fight...I hope. But I'll definitely be paying attn to the 1st press conference

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 2 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Key to Robert's gameplan IMO is to not attack unless it's behind the jab. We've seen Cotto have success behind the jab somewhat. If you come in with power punches, Floyd is going to spark that ass up all night. Mayweather isn't worried about landing hard. He's rather hit you 5 clean times and disrupt your rhythm.

Underrated factor in this fight, and I always say it, is Floyd's jab to the body. He did it vs ODLH. He did it vs Hatton. He did it vs Cotto. It seems like a range fighter in the 1st 2 rounds. Then you notice his opponents curling up trying to block it. Next thing you know, out comes that right hand.

I love the drop jab, idk why Floyd broner and other fighters don't use it more especially when you have that kind of speed.

But I have to disagree with you about the jab, if he fights behind the jab Floyd will start hitting his pull counters. Whay I noticed about cottos jab in the Floyd fight (cotto has a very underratted jab) is that he didn't just put it out there. He wasn't just shooting jabs the whole fight, he would pick his spots with it in different and awkward angles to disrupting floyds rhythm so he couldn't counter it. And let's not forget cottos jab hand is his strong hand so its not just some tap, it demands attention.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Big Floyd started it.....the article in which Ruben Guerrero started talking trash was in response to the Floyd SR interview here on fighthype

If they got at it tho I think Big Floyd will finish it too but I don't think it'll get that far

Who knows maybe we will get some zab vs Floyd type theatrics

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

At this point, I'm excited about any upcoming fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 2 2013, 10:50 PM) *
I love the drop jab, idk why Floyd broner and other fighters don't use it more especially when you have that kind of speed.

But I have to disagree with you about the jab, if he fights behind the jab Floyd will start hitting his pull counters. Whay I noticed about cottos jab in the Floyd fight (cotto has a very underratted jab) is that he didn't just put it out there. He wasn't just shooting jabs the whole fight, he would pick his spots with it in different and awkward angles to disrupting floyds rhythm so he couldn't counter it. And let's not forget cottos jab hand is his strong hand so its not just some tap, it demands attention.

Who knows maybe we will get some zab vs Floyd type theatrics

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a huge element of trash talk between these two. Hell, I saw a vid the other day where Sam Watson said Mayweather was bombarding Robert with trash talk

I still don't get why people don't give Miguel credit for his jab, I didn't notice he had a solid jab until the Mosley fight back in 07

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 6 2013, 08:35 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

the one were two guys get in a ring and a winner emerges

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 07:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

i'll say that i am most excited about them in this order...

1. canelo/trout- i believe trout is going to beat canelo convincingly. i hope there's no controversy with the texas officials though.

2. donaire/rigondeaux- 2 fighters at the top of their game. this should be a super fight. best man will win.

3. mayweather/guerrero- everyone is selling guerrero short. i think he's going to show some of floyds flaws (if u can call them that) at this stage in his career.

4. peterson/matthysse- has this fight been signed? it should be interesting. i favor matthysse in this match up. if peterson plans to have any success...he should not stand in front of matthysse too long.

5. mares/ponce deleon- everyone thinks mares is the second best at 122...i think he's 3rd behind rigondeaux. mares gets hit too much...pdl may land some shots on him. wouldn't be surprised if mares gets dropped or loses. he's moving up in weight.

6. garcia/judah- whatever the case is with the injury or fake injury....i don't see judah beating garcia. i was really excited about this fight before...now it's lost some steam. garcia by ko.

7. rios/alvarado- why? i'd love to see both guys learn some defense. i'm not crazy about rock 'em-sock 'em robots.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 7 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #38

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 08:19 PM) *
i'll say that i am most excited about them in this order...

1. canelo/trout- i believe trout is going to beat canelo convincingly. i hope there's no controversy with the texas officials though.

2. donaire/rigondeaux- 2 fighters at the top of their game. this should be a super fight. best man will win.

3. mayweather/guerrero- everyone is selling guerrero short. i think he's going to show some of floyds flaws (if u can call them that) at this stage in his career.

4. peterson/matthysse- has this fight been signed? it should be interesting. i favor matthysse in this match up. if peterson plans to have any success...he should not stand in front of matthysse too long.

5. mares/ponce deleon- everyone thinks mares is the second best at 122...i think he's 3rd behind rigondeaux. mares gets hit too much...pdl may land some shots on him. wouldn't be surprised if mares gets dropped or loses. he's moving up in weight.

6. garcia/judah- whatever the case is with the injury or fake injury....i don't see judah beating garcia. i was really excited about this fight before...now it's lost some steam. garcia by ko.

7. rios/alvarado- why? i'd love to see both guys learn some defense. i'm not crazy about rock 'em-sock 'em robots.

Good post

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 7 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Canelo/Trout - The biggest fight coming up, will solidify either fighter at the top

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:21 PM