IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Haye pulls out of Klitschko fight..., Wlad is considering a replacement opponent...
MarzB
post Jun 5 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #61

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 3 2009, 12:47 PM) *
If he's injured, he's injured. What is he supposed to do? Take the biggest fight of his life with only one good hand? Come on man, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty certain he'll get this fight rescheduled on the same terms as soon as he's fit.

Exactly. I don't understand why some people here are SOOO quick to call anyone that does something they find disagreeable a "pussy" when at the time all the facts aren't known. I will say this though, had this "injury" happened to Wlad, Haye would have DEFINITELY ran off the mouth of what a "pussy" Wlad is.

So I give Wlad credit for not going that route. The "Setanta" (sp?) theory is very interesting.

I saw a comment from Wlad yesterday (while I give him props in one instance, he messes it all up) that had me shaking my head. It was regarding HAYE asking for a postponement.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/0...dimir-klitschko

Haye has asked for a postponement of "six to eight weeks" according to a source at Setanta but this was discounted by Klitschko who insisted: "He was ­challenging me and now he's backing out. I definitely will proceed on 20 June. I have to. That's my wish.

"I've been waiting for this David Haye for half of the year so now I have no opponent so we will look for somebody else. There is a saying, 'Dogs are barking but the caravan keeps going'."

Who does he (Wlad) think he's kidding here?? "HE's been WAITING" for HAYE for half this year but his mgmt group are the ones that inserted some of the most ridiculous provisions in a contract I've ever seen but "HE" wanted the fight?? On the same token, it's obvious this fight is bigger than any of the other HEAVYweights so whats wrong with a small delay??

Summary.. Guy who's hurt asks for a delay.

Uninjured guy doesn't want to grant the "hurt" guy an extension or postponement but wants to fight someone else.

Based on that, who's the real "pussy" here??

I see theres another update on my RSS feed, so hopefully Wlad ('s people) have accepted an extension.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jun 5 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 5 2009, 01:15 AM) *
Holyfield- No way. Would not be the slight bit competative, Klit would destroy him. Though maybe it is what Evander needs.
Ruiz- I guess I could go with this one.
Povetkin- Def would be okay with him.
Golota- Fuck no! He is so washed up. I seen him live on the Jones-Trinidad undercard struggle bigtime. He looked like a shell of himself. Total shellacking.
Maskaev- Nope. Terrible chin and Wlad would KO him within 3 rounds. Would prove nothing.

Not ridiculing your choices either, just my thoughts. I just would rather have a fresh face get in there with Wlad. Povetkin, Chambers, Arreola, Johnson, etc. would be better IMO. But hopefully he just waits on Haye.

But really...the "fresh" faces you list....have about as much chance as any of those I mentioned. Arreola might be exciting for a second or two....but the guy just came off a fight...I really doubt he would be ready to step in the ring at this time.

The list I came up with is based on name value moreso than youth and rights for a title shot value. Which is what you have to think of in terms of how many ticket holders there are at the moment. Say what you will but Haye's mouth and antics REALLY sold this fight. I don't think a crowd expecting to see this fight is going to be happy with Wlad/Chambers.

The only decent substitute IMHO is a named commodity that has either a long history (Holyfield), a decent punch (Oleg) or a combination of both (Golota) or is well known and respected by the Euro fans (Ruiz/Povetkin).

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 3 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #63

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Bumped for Irony, Laughs, and Posterity...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:40 PM