IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allan Green-Bugsy "Long" Gawn, World light heavyweight championship thread
Maxy
post Mar 23 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

On Sunday March 30th grizzled veteran Bugsy "Long" Gawn attempts to complete one of the best comebacks in the history of the sport when he challenges formidable light heavyweight champion Allan Green for the world title.

Bugsy has frequently derided the champion claiming he fights in an era where boxers get too much protection and claims Green would be a nobody if he had started his career in the early days when Gawn was an up and comer.

"I don't like Allan Green. I don't like what he stands for and where he is in the sport right now. I make no secret of that and I am intent on putting some hurt on him. Fighters like myself, Zab Judah, Miguel Cotto, No Fear, Reggie Hope, Joan Guzman, Fernando Montiel, Z Gorres, Here We Go, Deep Freeze, Wexley, Jean Pascal....Dipsy...the list goes on...we had to earn our right to the top by fighting hard in every fight. Today I see fighters like Ray De los Santos, JoJo and Green himself having carefully staged careers and earning the kinda money us vets could only dream of by fighting tomato cans. I wanna put the veteran back on the map...No Fear proved that the best fighters eventually make the grade the hard way...shit, who woulda thought he could win titles in 5 weights when he was just a contender with a win loss record way back? Allan Green is going down!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Mar 23 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Green barely scraped by Blatty this time...it could have gone either way....what this tells me is that Otto's a Pound For Pounder, and it's just a matter of time before he is a certified Champion....

and for the record...Blatty steamrolled Long a while back...111-118, 113-118, 112-117....and I don't see him beating Green....

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Mar 23 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 23 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]383552[/snapback]
and for the record...Blatty steamrolled Long a while back...111-118, 113-118, 112-117....and I don't see him beating Green....

That was during Long's 8 fight losing streak. He's a better fighter now but he's definitely up against it in this one.

I just like talking shit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Mar 23 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

I know that's right...you talk so much shit your text is brown.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:27 PM