> Donaire getting gets Credit for OSDT
Dolimite
post Dec 25 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 25 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Will peep that book 4 sure. You n I share the same sentiments in reference to Roy.....

Roy is really tripping I hope that he doesn't fight again, he barely is a coherent announcer I really hope he does not fight again he really has nothing to prove.

Floyd deserves credit for starting the OSDT. He put light on a practice that is prevalent in the boxing community, steroids. Doanire piggy backed off of Floyd and screw HBO and their entire crew for insinuating that Juan was on something. If Nyquil would had just taken the test or asked for extra testing then maybe he would still be number 3 pound for pound. Now Donaire is the new face of boxing. ESPN just gave him the fighter of the year award for knocking out tomato rusty passed prime fighters. Juan deserves fighter of the year. Now we are about to witness the rise of Donaire the machine is now behind him. Mares please knock this guy's block off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Dec 25 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 24 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Floyd didn't set shit did he now, he was so afraid of losing his 0 he made it so for his fights, maybe even his cards so he doesn't look like a bitch there had to be ODST. He didn't do it for a clean sport he did it to protect that 0

You can keep holding on to your speculation that you knew Floyd's "motive" all you want. The morals of the matter, though, like others have also implied, is that the advantages to boxing of little Floyd's pioneering effort in promoting proper testing to discourage blatant or casual doping in boxing, far outweigh any ulterior motive there could have been.

And it keeps getting increasingly so with each passing day and each passing bout.

Little Floyd therefore deserves his proper credit for having pioneered this cause. Such facts and attendant credit shouldn't be wished away or rubbished - certainly not on the basis of speculative thinking.

P34c3

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 26 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (duwdu @ Dec 26 2012, 12:44 AM) *
You can keep holding on to your speculation that you knew Floyd's "motive" all you want. The morals of the matter, though, like others have also implied, is that the advantages to boxing of little Floyd's pioneering effort in promoting proper testing to discourage blatant or casual doping in boxing, far outweigh any ulterior motive there could have been.

And it keeps getting increasingly so with each passing day and each passing bout.

Little Floyd therefore deserves his proper credit for having pioneered this cause. Such facts and attendant credit shouldn't be wished away or rubbished - certainly not on the basis of speculative thinking.

P34c3

am sure somebody said history is written by the victor except while Mayweather maintains that 0 he doesn't seem to be shaping shit. This HBO "documentary" seems to be shaping it how they want it.

Anyways anybody know how the last 4 tested positive? I mean was it picked up in there urine? I know for Lamont it was, but not 100% sure for Berto, Morales and Tarver.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 26 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 26 2012, 09:42 AM) *
am sure somebody said history is written by the victor except while Mayweather maintains that 0 he doesn't seem to be shaping shit. This HBO "documentary" seems to be shaping it how they want it.

Anyways anybody know how the last 4 tested positive? I mean was it picked up in there urine? I know for Lamont it was, but not 100% sure for Berto, Morales and Tarver.

What you fail to mention is that he started the discussion and because he did so look at what has transpired. Don't be hater for no reason. Kudos to Mayweather,

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 26 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 26 2012, 05:55 PM) *
What you fail to mention is that he started the discussion and because he did so look at what has transpired. Don't be hater for no reason. Kudos to Mayweather,

What has transpired exactly? How effective has OSDT been

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 26 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #26

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Who cares if he's testing year round? The mofo that we wanted to take a test, just got KTFO a couple of weeks ago, and NOW everybody's crying for stricter testing?! Oh the irony. HBO and the media are a bunch of douches with a serious hero complex in regards to Manny being the savior of the sport.

Lamply doesn't have Manny to coddle and go ga-ga over now that Pacquiao viciously lost. Why can't HBO just make the best fights against the best fighters, and pom-pom great two-sided action, instead of cheerleading when their house fighter takes a shit? Jim Lamply is totally at fault for that. He attitude in this regard filters down to the rest of the crew. Showtime doesn't do that.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 26 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 25 2012, 09:16 AM) *
Does FMJ's "alleged" motive make his request any less positive for boxing? This testing "could" help save lives. Is it possible he might not only be protecting his 0? Doesn't matter how great he is considered if he can't enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Most heartbreaking moment I ever watched in all of sports was My dads hero Muhammed Ali lighting the Olympic torch in 1996. I didn't know whether to applaud or run for cover. If this testing can even potentially reduce the risk of any professional boxer being in that state it is well worth it.

P.S. Word on the streets says Abe Lincoln abolished slavery........ Read a little deeper you find out many historians say he damn sure didn't want to. But that doesn't change the fact he was a major factor.

where's the proof that muhammad ali is in his state because of p.e.d's?

dr. ferdie pacheco doesn't even believe ali's situation was caused by boxing alone. he believed that ali did damage to himself because of his use of pesticides when he went to camp. i also believe his excessive use of diuretics to make himself appear to be in shape caused some of that as well.

a look at all the fights we know of that involved positive testing or admission don't reveal any super human powers. what they reveal is that the fighters using didn't look all that spectacular and actually lost in some of the instances.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 26 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 25 2012, 11:49 AM) *
See if he wanted this for boxing on a larger scale he would of campaigned for that, that's why am so cynical about it. Instead he reserved it for his fights, sure it costs money but still, don't you give back to the sport that made you what you are as he likes to constantly state?

I wonder because when Berto was caught, and Lamont was caught, wasn't there piss dirty too?

and daprofessor I don't hate the guy, maybe I don't agree with some things he's done, but I've never met him to have that amount of dislike for him, I just see a different point of view.

lead by example. that's the way i live my life. floyd leading by example is all he needed to do. whether the motive was to protect his 0 or to raise awareness...it doesn't really matter because in reality, he did both.

berto asked for testing. he had a guy on his team who was supposed to be an expert. how do we know this expert didn't give him the shit that he tested positive for? also...the amount found was so minimal it would not have even help a bit.

as for peterson...he was doing TRT which was recommended by his physician. the tests in DC and the tests in Cali would have never caught that. peterson was the one who requested the testing not khan. and when he tested positive he came withhis doctors note to explain it. as a result, he wasn't suspended...he wasn't stripped. there was no wrong doing according to the rules...but that doesn't stop ppl from making it out to be like berto and peterson committed a crime.

there was almost no backlash when pac and his camp tap danced around testing. where was the outrage? ppl here have said it...floyd was looked upon like a coward for asking for it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 26 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 26 2012, 04:20 PM) *
Lamply doesn't have Manny to coddle and go ga-ga over now that Pacquiao viciously lost. Why can't HBO just make the best fights against the best fighters, and pom-pom great two-sided action, instead of cheerleading when their house fighter takes a shit? Jim Lamply is totally at fault for that. He attitude in this regard filters down to the rest of the crew. Showtime doesn't do that.

Jack

this!!! and it's why hbo sucks!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 27 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 26 2012, 02:03 PM) *
this!!! and it's why hbo sucks!

This is what I am saying, he started the discussion and he lead by example. Mayweather being the big name he is made testing OSDT the prime thing to do. Donaire does get tested year around but he did so off the back of Mayweather's suggestion and example. If he were to lose his 0 it would be by someone who is clean and not roided up. Why didn't Pacquiao not take the test is the question? How big would it be if the two most popular boxers in the world demanded OSDT in all their fight? It would have been phenomenal but Pac took Mayweather to court instead, real ballsy!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Dec 27 2012, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:33 PM