IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ROGER MAYWEATHER & BOB ARUM HAVE SPOKEN!, It was a boxing discussion not a negoitation!
chance1
post Nov 18 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,777

This is probably the best news I've heard in over a year re: Floyd Mayweather & Pacquiao. This reminds me of two original "GODFATHERS" from the fight game, who probably did not see eye to eye for years and decided to sit down and have a round table discussion. What do we know? They probably were shooting the breeze about the pros and cons of boxing, where boxing is headed and what fights are left before retirement of particular fighters.

A writer suggested that Roger was possibly dilusional in speaking and that until we hear from Elberbe, there is no negoitations. It never ceases to amaze me when people began to learn how to read they forgot to learn how to conceptualize what it is that they read. Get it straight! Roger, never one time said, he was in negoitations with Arum about future fights with his nephew, Pac or Bradly. He was in discussion. Mega difference between negoitations and discussions. Second issue is Roger doesn't need anyone from his nephews camp to decide for him when he speaks, or who he speaks too and what he speaks about! And if you know anything about the brazin Roger Mayweather he speaks for himself and he ain't looking for no ones help or permission in the Pize Fight Profession.

Roger can't be to damn dilusional or Bob Arum would have been all over the media placing bets that he never spoke with Roger Mayweather. With that being said, I'm sure their "DISCUSSION" took place. The thing that makes it so "FLY" is that I'll bet they spoke in person like real men do; not on twitter or the telephone. That's how the real ones get down!

As quiet as it maybe kept; Bob Arum was probably more honored to speak with Roger Mayweather than any other person that works for his nephew! As a matter of fact if this was a court room and Bob Arum was the judge, Arum was probably looking at Roger like attorney Johnnie Cochran, Doug Thomson, F. Lee Baily, Donald Re, Barry Sheck or David Chesnoff walking through the door. Some of the greats in their craft of practice. Bob knows Roger is no amatuer to the fight game or fresh out of law school trying to find his way! Roger did not just get off the Pinto, the Nina or the Sante Maria boxing boat. Roger made his way long time ago and he doesn't need any help in certain dept. stores. Don't sleep and don't slip, Roger is a lot more seasoned in the fight game other than training. I hope his nephew smells that coffee purking! "Roger, stay living in the hour of the power"!

Roger stated very clearly that his nephew will fight Pac not because a contract was signed or negoitated but because Floyd will not retire as a "scared champion". The other thing that Roger stated is that his nephew would be a fool not to fight for that amount of money! That would mean WIN, LOSE or DRAW.

I don't think Arum has a problem trusting Roger's word when it comes to discussions regarding the Prize Fight Profession. At this point I believe Arum wants the fight too! Roger did state that the fight will happen and I think that statement can be deposited at any bank.

There are three things for sure. Great attorneys & Great fighters have three things in common. They love their craft, they know how to prepare for war and they fight to win! And that's just what real "CHAMPIONS" do!

This post has been edited by chance1: Nov 19 2012, 10:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 18 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Do you have a link to the article or interview? If so plead provide

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 18 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Allmenjoi?

+Quote Post
chance1
post Nov 18 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Amateur

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 18 2012, 06:40 PM) *
Do you have a link to the article or interview? If so plead provide

Yahoo contributer Network - Roger Mayweather meets with Arum. Find through google

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 18 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-mayweat...00646--box.html

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 18 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Allmenjoi?

Bwwwwaaaaahaaaahaaaaa!!!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 18 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 06:56 PM) *
Allmenjoi?

i knew u two would get back together eventually!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 18 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 18 2012, 09:37 PM) *
i knew u two would get back together eventually!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

What's the story between shel and Alemenjo?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 18 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

a loooooong love story

+Quote Post
chance1
post Nov 19 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #10

Amateur

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 18 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Just like you knew Moreno was going to win. lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:02 PM