IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
daprofessor
post Jun 19 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #101

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

so now that we got pac/bradley out the way...and it's even more clear now that pac doesn't stand a chance against floyd....is there anyone that agrees this is the match to be made? i'm all for it being at madison square garden!!! i can't recall floyd fighting there. it would be a beautiful addition to his illustrious career!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 19 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #102

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2012, 01:00 AM) *
so now that we got pac/bradley out the way...and it's even more clear now that pac doesn't stand a chance against floyd....is there anyone that agrees this is the match to be made? i'm all for it being at madison square garden!!! i can't recall floyd fighting there. it would be a beautiful addition to his illustrious career!

I think there's more cause for pac Bradley two rather then Mayweather Cotto two

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 19 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #103

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2012, 08:00 PM) *

Yes! Glad you found this thread and bumped it!

As for this fight, Im glad that Cotto did better than most gave him credit for and didn't get totally outclassed...which leaves room for a potential rematch that people would be interested in. I watched this fight again on Friday night, and saw that there more a few close rounds that could've favored Miguel.

MSG doesn't sound like a bad idea. One thing I dont like about MSG is the fuckin' fans man. For the whole Cotto/Margarito II card, they were relatively quiet and only seemed to have an undivided interest in Cotto only. Other than that, it sounds like a good idea as a fight for Floyd to "fall back on" if he so chooses.

Miguel is in a great position (no promoter) right now, and is able to keep most of his money, so Im sure he'll look good in his next few fights to keep his stock going from the Mayweather fight. In fact, he is actually on the A-side of some potential big fights (Canelo, Ortiz, Kirkland, or he could even pull Berto into a fight once he gets clean), and could get the lion's share of the money.

All of the mentioned guys would be on the B-side against Miguel, all he has to do is fight as good as he fought in his last fight, and he'll be okay. I would be more inclined to see this fight again, rather than Arum trying to shove another one of his shit-shows down the throats of the public.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 19 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #104

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Floyd will have to get paid significantly more to fight in MSG. Why fight a guy you already clearly beat in an arena that will be full of Puerto Ricans?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 20 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #105

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 19 2012, 09:25 PM) *
I think there's more cause for pac Bradley two rather then Mayweather Cotto two

Agreed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2012, 02:27 AM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 20 2012, 12:14 AM) *
I think Floyd will have to get paid significantly more to fight in MSG. Why fight a guy you already clearly beat in an arena that will be full of Puerto Ricans?

because cotto gave floyd a chance to win his title in floyds backyard.....and cotto gave floyd the toughest fight he ever had. it will sell better than any other available fight that's worth watching. the rematch seems in order to me.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 20 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #107

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2012, 03:27 AM) *
because cotto gave floyd a chance to win his title in floyds backyard.....and cotto gave floyd the toughest fight he ever had. it will sell better than any other available fight that's worth watching. the rematch seems in order to me.

Floyd didn't need any favors lmao. And that was NOT Floyd's toughest fight ever. I take nothing from Cotto. He fought his heart out and landed on Floyd where others don't. However, the only revelation I got from that fight is that even if Oscar didn't abandon his jab, he would have lost when he fought Floyd lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #108

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Cotto seemed pissed at the score cards and declined an interview, so we haven't heard much from him. If he's still pissed then maybe he could speak out about it in a "not so humble" manner, and pump up another fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Though he lost the fight, his performance, opponent, and once again, the big stage, gave his career a breath of fresh air. As I posted earlier, he can build from that and make those last big bucks before he hangs 'em up. Now, had he gotten "Gatti'd" or "Bruseles'd" like most people assumed (shame on yall (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif) ), then he would have no argument.

Can we get a "Cotto After Dark" series? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No seriously, can we get one? Hell, if he fights Canelo in December and Ortiz in June, then what does that leave Mayweather? Im sure he (FMJ) can and will pull a rabbit out of a hat, but that would be a good plan for Miguel. Besides, us fans have received confirmation that the megafight wont happen because simpleton is stuck in an eternal contract with the windbag.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 20 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #109

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2012, 10:22 AM) *
Cotto seemed pissed at the score cards and declined an interview, so we haven't heard much from him. If he's still pissed then maybe he could speak out about it in a "not so humble" manner, and pump up another fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think that was HBO hyperbole. I really think he just didn't want to answer any questions lol When they interviewed him in the lockeroom afterwards, he didn't seem overly pissed about the decision. He just seemed like he was upset he lost and wanted to be with his family. One would have to be a real hater to think he was close on the score cards lol.... o wait (Jim Lampley did say he could see it being even midway through the fight...hater identified lol)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #110

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 20 2012, 12:14 AM) *

True. Why go to msg and risk the fans influencing the judges especially with how outrageous these scorecards have been. Idk if it would matter though I think Floyd could knock him out in a rematch

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 20 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Floyd didn't need any favors lmao. And that was NOT Floyd's toughest fight ever. I take nothing from Cotto. He fought his heart out and landed on Floyd where others don't. However, the only revelation I got from that fight is that even if Oscar didn't abandon his jab, he would have lost when he fought Floyd lol

+1

Not Floyds toughest fight. It was a good one though.. I think the Oscar fight was not as close as the scorecards suggested but the jab is effective against Floyd as cotto and dlh showed so who knows what would have happened if Oscar didn't drop it for no apparent reason

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:35 PM