> So Who Beats Floyd? Past or Present?
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 06:58 PM) *

Are you telling us that he showed that great defense you keep bragging about in that fight with Hearns (which is the fight i was referring to)?? Once again, I've proven that your reading comprehension is taking everything that I've said and twisted it into "he has no defense". I was referring to the fight with Hearns. I was referring to the fight with Hearns, I was referring to the fight with Hearns.

They say that if you repeat things three times then it should stick into a person's brain.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: May 7 2013, 08:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #42

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Are you telling us that he showed that great defense you keep bragging about in that fight with Hearns (which is the fight i was referring to)?? Once again, I've proven that your reading comprehension is taking everything that I've said and twisted it into "he has no defense". I was referring to the fight with Hearns. I was referring to the fight with Hearns, I was referring to the fight with Hearns.

They say that if you repeat things three times then it should stick into a person's brain.

"Look at Mayweather at 147, he was getting pasted by Mosley in the 2nd round, he had no defense whatsoever and facing Duran with that lack of D would allow Duran to potshot all day long."

now if i said that, does that no imply that floyd mayweather has bad defense???? you're twisting your own words.

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 5 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Duran would've been too easy to hit and too slow

since my reading comprehension skills aren't very good, what exactly are you saying here?

This post has been edited by hitman: May 7 2013, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #43

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 08:14 PM) *
"Look at Mayweather at 147, he was getting pasted by Mosley in the 2nd round, he had no defense whatsoever and facing Duran with that lack of D would allow Duran to potshot all day long."

now if i said that, does that no imply that floyd mayweather has bad defense???? you're twisting your own words.

since my reading comprehension skills aren't very good, what exactly are you saying here?

Apparently you aren't that good at knowing the difference between Pasting and landing 2 clean punches either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAC6o9420fc

No, pasted is what Hearns did to your loverboy (Duran), he got hit with multiple shots (that is the definition of pasting in boxing, not getting hit with 2 shots. You are twisting your own words and doing a terrible job of trying to twist mine, I've proven i never said No defense and you still come back with stupid crap. We're done here Mr. Last Word Junky, you can say whatever you want, you still no ti ti about boxing.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #44

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

no defense whatsoever...lack of D....too easy to hit

your words. spin them all you want.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 7 2013, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #45

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 09:05 PM) *
no defense whatsoever...lack of D....too easy to hit

your words. spin them all you want.

yep, all in that fight as I said earlier.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 06:12 AM) *
DLH in his prime was a one handed fighter (the left hook), he rarely used his right hand and it wasn't until Sr started to train him that he became a two handed fighter. I have to disagree there and I think Hearns would've beaten Money but I can't see a KO, probably Robinson KO's Floyd but him and SRL would have a good scrap with neither getting a KO or a knockdown. Shane kinda ruined his prime as he took on a lot of tomato cans so we never really got to see him totally dominate the elites during the time after he beat Oscar (that's when I felt he was in his prime).

Yeah your right, DLH used the left hook as his saving grace in his prime, he made a mistake when he stopped working with Floyd Sr. But I think Hearns would be highly likely to put Floyd down and out. We'll never know though, that's the sucky part about history, we'll never see those dream matchups

Him and SRL, don't get me started lol...that's probably the top fight as far a dream matchups

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 8 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Yeah your right, DLH used the left hook as his saving grace in his prime, he made a mistake when he stopped working with Floyd Sr. But I think Hearns would be highly likely to put Floyd down and out. We'll never know though, that's the sucky part about history, we'll never see those dream matchups

Him and SRL, don't get me started lol...that's probably the top fight as far a dream matchups

Yes, I too believe that TH would've been too much for Money because he was tall, fast, great snappy jab, powerful right hand and could box very well and take a decent shot to boot. I personally believe he would've beaten SRL in a close contest but neither man would dominate the other throughout the bout, I felt that Duran at 147 would've been too slow and has many holes in his defense that can be exploited just as they were in the rematch with SRL and the fight with TH (Floyd would've found those openings just as they did).

Too bad we can't really say for sure but it is all just fantasy anyway but it is nice to speculate.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 8 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 8 2013, 04:27 PM) *
Yes, I too believe that TH would've been too much for Money because he was tall, fast, great snappy jab, powerful right hand and could box very well and take a decent shot to boot. I personally believe he would've beaten SRL in a close contest but neither man would dominate the other throughout the bout, I felt that Duran at 147 would've been too slow and has many holes in his defense that can be exploited just as they were in the rematch with SRL and the fight with TH (Floyd would've found those openings just as they did).

Too bad we can't really say for sure but it is all just fantasy anyway but it is nice to speculate.

at 147 the duran that beat leonard was bigger, stronger, faster, far more aggressive...far more skilled and definitely a way bigger puncher than both of the guys who gave floyd his toughest fights....castillo and cotto.

the floyd that beat guerrero would have the best chance. the floyd that beat cotto loses to the duran that beat leonard.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 8 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #49

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2013, 08:58 PM) *
at 147 the duran that beat leonard was bigger, stronger, faster, far more aggressive...far more skilled and definitely a way bigger puncher than both of the guys who gave floyd his toughest fights....castillo and cotto.

the floyd that beat guerrero would have the best chance. the floyd that beat cotto loses to the duran that beat leonard.

That would be fine if (BIG IF) Floyd was the type to fight Duran's fight as SRL did but when Ray turned up the heat and fought his own fight he totally outclassed him and you know the rest of the story (No MAS). I'm sure if SRL could cause Duran to quit then I'm certain that Money (who had better lateral movement) would frustrate him as well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 9 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 8 2013, 03:27 PM) *

It really is nice to speculate on things such as these. As far as him and Leonard, man I go back and forth on it all the time. With their ring IQ's, it would've been a sight to see how it played out

Duran would get whooped by Floyd at 147, it would be interesting early but I think as the rounds progressed Floyd would've been tattooing Duran

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:06 PM