Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander
AussieLad
post Dec 7 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #11

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Well, cant believe how this fight played out. Thought for sure this was going to be a slug-fest

Never expected houston to fight scared. Never expected him to try and use a machida-esque circle and strike game plan. He looked like he didnt know what he was doing, probably because he didnt know what he was doing. He shouldve come and did what he does best, and thats trade bombs. I still think he has better hands than kimbo, but that fucking stupid circling he was doing, and then the wrestling in the 2nd round sucked out his cardio... by the third round he couldnt employ his strength in striking because he had little left. It was a poorly executed strategy that detracted from his natural style

Kudos to those that picked Kimbo in this fight. I still dont think much of him as an overall fighter, and it wont be long till he is exposed again for having little ground game. But credit to kimbo for at least trying to learn new skills.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Dec 8 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #12

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Kimbo knows he is no where near the best and never claimed to be either. Its not like he's calling out Mir, Congo, or Lesnar. He wants to continue to be a student of the sport and as he put it "bring these(his fist) and thump." Houston ran like he was scared to get KO'd in 8 seconds again.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 9 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #13

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

I gave MMA a chance with this fight and was very disappointed..Both guys don't know how to punch and both were muscle bound which is why they were so dead tired after 3 rounds of doing nothing..Boring fight..Only thing I can say is that Kimbo improved his ground game from when I last saw him get beat by that fat guy..

Kimbo still sucks..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Dec 9 2009, 02:21 AM

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Dec 9 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #14

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 9 2009, 03:21 AM) *
I gave MMA a chance with this fight and was very disappointed..Both guys don't know how to punch and both were muscle bound which is why they were so dead tired after 3 rounds of doing nothing..Boring fight..Only thing I can say is that Kimbo improved his ground game from when I last saw him get beat by that fat guy..

Kimbo still sucks..

Kimbo would whip yo ass! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:22 PM