IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #111

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i've never seen floyd busted up the way cotto busted him up. his nose looked swolen. he worked hard for his money that night. dlh abandoned the jab....but that was because he had a bad elbow going into the fight according to freddie. whatever the case....cotto is the biggest challenge/money fight at 154 and below. i lost all interest in pac/floyd after jmm schooled him the last time.

i'm not interested in seeing floyd in favorable match ups. i'd like to see him challenge himself a little more before he retires. i've always believed he would beat pac easily....and if that fight had been made when it mattered, it would have been one to seal his legacy. as it stands....that fight has been ruined...so unless he's moving up to fight sergio martinez, i don't want to see any other fights i know he'll win.

usually...when the winners have excuses...u know it wasn't a good showing and they don't feel so great about their win. i've heard everything from....floyd had a bad hand...to floyd was sick....to floyd wanted to give the fans what they wanted...blah,blah,blah...ok. well i want the cotto rematch in msg. no excuses this time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #112

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Floyd got busted up by agustus baldomir and he had a pretty hellacious war with castillo. And Jesus chavez was getting to Floyd a bit too but he couldn't his counters.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #113

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2012, 04:27 PM) *
Floyd got busted up by agustus baldomir and he had a pretty hellacious war with castillo. And Jesus chavez was getting to Floyd a bit too but he couldn't his counters.

augustus didn't see the final bell. baldomir was pretty much shut out. castillo 1 was good...floyd shut him out in the rematch. chavez really didn't do much. he forced floyd to work...but he barely got touched.

none of these guys came close to what cotto did. why is that so hard to admit? it takes nothing away from floyd. that version of cotto was much better than the one pac and margarito beat. there's no shame in having a tough fight.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 20 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #114

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

no rematch

just retire

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #115

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 20 2012, 06:21 PM) *
no rematch

just retire

really? wow.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 20 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #116

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2012, 06:00 PM) *
augustus didn't see the final bell. baldomir was pretty much shut out. castillo 1 was good...floyd shut him out in the rematch. chavez really didn't do much. he forced floyd to work...but he barely got touched.

none of these guys came close to what cotto did. why is that so hard to admit? it takes nothing away from floyd. that version of cotto was much better than the one pac and margarito beat. there's no shame in having a tough fight.

Cotto no doubt gave him a tough fight. Id have to go with Castillo tho. Even though I thought his success on Floyd was slightly exaggerrated, he hit Floyd with everything he could...most of which was below the belt lol. If I had to be one fighter in the ring with Floyd on each night respectively, Id rather be Castillo. In fact, until Floyd broke his will, I thought Zab was giving him a tougher fight than Cotto. Zab just lacks the poise n professionalism in adversity that Floyd has. Either way, its not an indictment on Cotto.

I disagree with check about Baldomir for sure but Augustus fought a tough fight. Floyd said for the longest he was the toughest he had faced. Floyds Sr was pissed with Jr n Roger after that fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #117

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd love to see a rematch between the two, and I'd pick Mayweather to win in more impressive fashion in the rematch. There are some tactical adjustments each fighter could make to increase their chances of winning but Floyd's ring IQ is levels above Cotto's, and what ever Miguel would bring on fight night would surely get nullified. Who ever or when ever Floyd fights again, I actually hope it's not in Vegas due to their current treatment of him while he's locked down. That would surely stick it to those Vegas big wigs

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 21 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #118

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Well Floyd himself always said Emmanuel Burton (Augustus) was his hardest opponent, but now he says Cotto was. Either take his word for it, or maybe he just trying to show respect or save face from having not such a dominate performance against a "leftover."

If there is a rematch, I'd expect Cotto to come at Floyd the same way, while Floyd would have a more precise gameplan.

This post has been edited by sduck: Jun 21 2012, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 21 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #119

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just don't see what Cotto could do differently to improve upon his small sample set of success. I do however see a lot of adjustments that Floyd can and will make to take the wind right out of Cotto's sails early. I know this isn't a popular stance but I think Floyd deserves a tune up fight against a guy with mediocre punching power. He's been getting hammered unnecessarily by these huge guys. Not only that, but he's been beating them by standing in their face, taking everything they have, and giving it back 3 times harder. I think he's earned a Devon Alexander fight or something along those lines. Maybe even a Peterson.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #120

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 21 2012, 04:37 AM) *
Well Floyd himself always said Emmanuel Burton (Augustus) was his hardest opponent, but now he says Cotto was. Either take his word for it, or maybe he just trying to show respect or save face from having not such a dominate performance against a "leftover."

If there is a rematch, I'd expect Cotto to come at Floyd the same way, while Floyd would have a more precise gameplan.

i'll take floyds word over everyone elses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

2 things....

i think floyd is definitely the more intelligent fighter of the two....but cotto is by far the most intelligent fighter floyd has ever fought.

and....

i believe cotto is the one who has much more room for improvement in the rematch. there are several things he can do that he didn't in the first match. i'm looking forward to a more entertaining rematch and it will be interesting to see floyd fight at msg.

floyd definitely deserves an easy one. he's earned it. question is....will he take it? i don't think so. he'll want the big money. i also agree he should take the show on the road as a "fuck u" to vegas and their bullshit.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:32 AM