> PORTER VS PAC MAN, BOMBS AWAY
mrchitown
post Apr 21 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Apr 21 2014, 07:36 PM) *
I can agree with you on that!!! still surprised He bull dozed Malignaggi who usually is very durable. Malignaggi seemed to be overconfident. He was annihilated something awful. Quite impressive for Porter though. I definitely agree Thurman is a question mark, yet would you not rate Porter's last two wins ahead of what Thurman has done as of yet?

I'm glad you brought they up because the way I look at it, I believe Keith is more consistent then Porter. I've always been a fan but remember the fights he had against Diaz, he was getting worked a bit in both fights. Those two fights are very telling. If you can standup to his power then Shawn will have trouble and Keith hits way harder then Devon and Paulie, he can also box and bang. I haven't seen much of that from Shawn yet. Yes I'd rate his recent fights above Thurman but Keith has had more consistent performances then Porter...it's like Porter is on the block but Keith is too and he's been there longer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 22 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 21 2014, 08:28 PM) *
Don't hype Shawn too much please. He's in the same category as Thurman. The potential to be great is there, the opposition is not....yet! Pump the brakes a bit

I think Thurmans upside is alot better. Porter still appears to be very crude. Thurman fights like a well seasoned boxer compared to Porter. They arent even in the same class.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 22 2014, 02:04 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 22 2014, 07:31 AM) *
I think Thurmans upside is alot better. Porter still appears to be very crude. Thurman fights like a well seasoned boxer compared to Porter. They arent even in the same class.

I think potential wise Thurman seems to display a higher ceiling, but Porter has easily had the better achievements so far

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 22 2014, 09:00 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 22 2014, 02:04 AM) *
I think potential wise Thurman seems to display a higher ceiling, but Porter has easily had the better achievements so far

I agree and kinda disagree, yes Shawn has fought and beat Devon and now Paulie. But let's not forget that Thurman was to face Marcos and he pulled out and then fought Soto-Karass I believe and Guerrero turned down a fight with him. It could just as easily be Keith with the better achievements, but it's a reason they not fighting him

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 22 2014, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 22 2014, 09:03 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 22 2014, 01:31 AM) *

I do too, I still need to see what improvements Porter has made as far as how he reacts when he can't KO his opponent, because he didn't grow by leaps and bounds in either of the 2 fights he had with Diaz. But Shawn's natural size and strength plus he has speed makes him a rest to anyone in the WW division. At this point though, I think Keith does more things and does some things better then Shawn. Both have room to grow and this is a fight that should be made at some point

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 22 2014, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2014, 02:55 PM) *
I agree with you but you have to admit, you did not or I, expected Porter to man handle Paulie like he did. I agree with you, Porter needs at least three more fights. Imagine what Porter and an Adrien Broner fight would look like? The battle for Ohio they can deem it. I think GGG and Kovalev fans are almost as bad as Pac fans.

I didn't expect him to run through Paulie like that either, but I think we all saw Paulie fight a stupid fight. Not taking anything away from Porter, but if Porter's jab was better than Paulie's (whom threw very few of them), then something was clearly wrong with the way he fought. Brown kept telling Paulie to box him, and what did he do? He went out fighting like he had 17 KOs, rather than 7. Lol

C'mon D, Porter needs THREE more fights?! Some of yall get caught up in that Mayweather stuff..."this guys hasn't proven himself, he needs (insert number) more fights before he's ready for Floyd". Then you said he needs "at least" 3 more fights, c'mon now, think.

If anything, Porter can pull it off (a Floyd fight), with two more fights...he just has to beat the right people. However, I don't see Porter being any type of huge seller, so I can see him peaking at maybe a Khan fight, but none of those high profile fights.

At this moment, they need to be prepping Thurman/Porter for the Mayweather card in September, or at least give us a Knockout Kings 3 at the end of the year, with Porter and Thurman headlining it. Now that I think about it, that Knockout Kings 3 card can happen in July...give us Berto/Ortiz II on the card...or Berto and Ortiz in separate fights on the same card, in preparation for their big rematch.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 22 2014, 09:39 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2014, 06:13 AM) *
I didn't expect him to run through Paulie like that either, but I think we all saw Paulie fight a stupid fight. Not taking anything away from Porter, but if Porter's jab was better than Paulie's (whom threw very few of them), then something was clearly wrong with the way he fought. Brown kept telling Paulie to box him, and what did he do? He went out fighting like he had 17 KOs, rather than 7. Lol

C'mon D, Porter needs THREE more fights?! Some of yall get caught up in that Mayweather stuff..."this guys hasn't proven himself, he needs (insert number) more fights before he's ready for Floyd". Then you said he needs "at least" 3 more fights, c'mon now, think.

If anything, Porter can pull it off (a Floyd fight), with two more fights...he just has to beat the right people. However, I don't see Porter being any type of huge seller, so I can see him peaking at maybe a Khan fight, but none of those high profile fights.

At this moment, they need to be prepping Thurman/Porter for the Mayweather card in September, or at least give us a Knockout Kings 3 at the end of the year, with Porter and Thurman headlining it. Now that I think about it, that Knockout Kings 3 card can happen in July...give us Berto/Ortiz II on the card...or Berto and Ortiz in separate fights on the same card, in preparation for their big rematch.

Let me clarify, to be mentioned for a Mayweather fight he needs three great fights, he could also lose. I would love to see Thurman vs. Porter. I actually feel bad for Keith, no one talks about him. It is about Garcia, Broner and now Porter. Porter vs. Khan would be fun. So I guess the September undercard could be Berto vs. Ortiz 2 and Porter vs. Thurman. I think Keith would fight with a chip on his shoulder. Keith has gotten better with every outing. His fight with Soto Karrass he made the proper adjustments and still got the KO. He is a smart fighter and to be honest, he may be the guy to beat at Welter Weight. However, when Danny makes his move to WW I don't think he can deal with the likes of Thurman or even Porter. The WW division is looking GREAT!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:56 AM