> Mayweather /Guerrero face to face
daprofessor
post Mar 26 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #101

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 01:16 PM) *
I have a question: if Floyd loses this fight is his career over? His 0 keeps people watching. Second question, Guerrero went on the 700 Club with his wife, Pat Roberson was the host. What I find interesting about this is, one his wife looked uncomfortable and two, Robert has some weight to lose and training to be done. Is he already distracted or does he normally do this type of thing in the middle of fights? I would think the only thing you should be doing with a fight of this magnitude would be training and doing promos for the fight. Sometimes I think people bite way more than they can swallow.

1. no...he just won't make the big money like he used to.

2. robert needs all the prayers he can get. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 26 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #102

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 12:16 PM) *
I have a question: if Floyd loses this fight is his career over? His 0 keeps people watching. Second question, Guerrero went on the 700 Club with his wife, Pat Roberson was the host. What I find interesting about this is, one his wife looked uncomfortable and two, Robert has some weight to lose and training to be done. Is he already distracted or does he normally do this type of thing in the middle of fights? I would think the only thing you should be doing with a fight of this magnitude would be training and doing promos for the fight. Sometimes I think people bite way more than they can swallow.

It's not FMJr's "0" that keeps people watching, most people that watch him (usually his Haters) are hoping that their fighter is the first to KO him <<<(that's what most people hope to see who watch him).

Guerrero's wife is dealing/dealt with the Cancer thing so I'm sure she wasn't looking uncomfortable because of the fight coming up (though women do tend to deal emotionally with this moreso than men), RG normally walks around at about 158 or so and it won't take him long to look the part of a skeleton come the day for the weigh-in (he just has a really long head and he's tall a gangly that makes him look bigger than he really is).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 26 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #103

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 26 2013, 01:01 PM) *
It's not FMJr's "0" that keeps people watching, most people that watch him (usually his Haters) are hoping that their fighter is the first to KO him <<<(that's what most people hope to see who watch him).

Guerrero's wife is dealing/dealt with the Cancer thing so I'm sure she wasn't looking uncomfortable because of the fight coming up (though women do tend to deal emotionally with this moreso than men), RG normally walks around at about 158 or so and it won't take him long to look the part of a skeleton come the day for the weigh-in (he just has a really long head and he's tall a gangly that makes him look bigger than he really is).

I just read he has been doing all these press tours and interviews, like he started camp late and he is not training. I just think he is distracted by all the press coverage and he ate some birthday cake, I do not under stand how he is taking his training seriously, I don't. Floyd is doing all his interviews from his gym which lets me know that he is taking this shit seriously. I saw some photos of he and Roger doing pad and mitt work I haven't see pictures of Ghost doing anything. He is talking about how God sent him to humble Mayweather but God can not get in the ring and fight for you. I don't get it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 28 2013, 05:41 AM
Post #104

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Recent picture of Mayweather, is it just me or is he definitely more top heavy than he used to be?

http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/63815/mayweather.jpg

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 28 2013, 05:42 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 05:56 AM
Post #105

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 05:41 AM) *
Recent picture of Mayweather, is it just me or is he definitely more top heavy than he used to be?

Well let's not forget that Floyd is getting older and when you get up in age you start to fill out a little more but I don't think it is a result of any special training, personally I always felt he needed to bulk up a little more especially as he moved up but when he was at 130 i thought he was perfect for a boxer. The bulk won't slow him down but it'll help him to absorb more especially on the inside since he likes to mix it up in the pocket.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 06:02 AM
Post #106

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 10:46 PM) *
I just read he has been doing all these press tours and interviews, like he started camp late and he is not training. I just think he is distracted by all the press coverage and he ate some birthday cake, I do not under stand how he is taking his training seriously, I don't. Floyd is doing all his interviews from his gym which lets me know that he is taking this shit seriously. I saw some photos of he and Roger doing pad and mitt work I haven't see pictures of Ghost doing anything. He is talking about how God sent him to humble Mayweather but God can not get in the ring and fight for you. I don't get it.

Yes RG has been doing a lot of talk shows and touring lately but I don't think it is going to affect his training regimen, he stays in the gym and so he should already be close to his fighting weight, however distractions with his newfound popularity could impede on his normal routine somewhat but i guess we'll find out in the ring.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #107

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 02:41 AM) *

That is called prison physic! LOL

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 28 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #108

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

while Floyd was in there for a short period of time, it's easily long enough for the body to adapt even though he wasn't exactly in a normal situation

Also RG has been arrested on possession of a gun...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 28 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #109

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 06:41 AM) *

Definitely put some muscle on. If he gained enough he could be drained come fight night

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 28 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #110

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2013, 09:09 AM) *
That is called prison physic! LOL

Exactly lol.....some see it as a detriment that he's ripped in the chest area but he's been out quite a while now and I think he's had the necessary time to adjust to it

Better to be in shape then look like Louie Anderson in coming to america like RG is right now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 01:49 AM