IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ref and the Judges for May 4th/Mayweather Interview, Good Selection?
Jack 1000
post Apr 10 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #31

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My take,

Byrd is fine as ref. At least no past history of problems.

Julie Ledderman, I'll take her judgements over her father any day. Twenty Years ago, Thirty years ago, Harold was good, now he's only ok, and is off more than he's on.

Duane Ford. I have a big problem with him. Didn't he have had Mayweather convincingly over Castillo in the first fight, in a fight that I thought Castillo won?

Jerry Roth, a little better but not much. I would have picked two out of state judges for this fight. Floyd will get all close rounds, and Byrd won't allow Guerrero to get inside, witch is the only way he can have a chance at winning.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 11 2013, 03:23 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 11 2013, 01:55 AM) *
That's a press release, blame GB not fighthype

am sure fight hype could refuse to show it while sure am not the one lining there pockets

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 10 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Not saying they can but my money isn't on Guerrero to be that person to do it.

If I had to take stab at it, I'd say that secretly, your money wouldn't be on anybody to drop Floyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 11 2013, 11:51 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2013, 06:34 AM) *
If I had to take stab at it, I'd say that secretly, your money wouldn't be on anybody to drop Floyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I believed Cotto, Diego Corrales, Zab, and Oscar would put him on his ass. But it never happened. I still think if he fights Trout, Sergio, even Thurman that he would get dropped. Thurman has great punching power but his boxing sucks.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 11 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 11 2013, 12:51 PM) *
I believed Cotto, Diego Corrales, Zab, and Oscar would put him on his ass. But it never happened. I still think if he fights Trout, Sergio, even Thurman that he would get dropped. Thurman has great punching power but his boxing sucks.

I honestly think pac has the best chance to drop him. With a awkward punch from a weird angle sort of how he got mosley

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 11 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #36

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 03:23 AM) *
am sure fight hype could refuse to show it while sure am not the one lining there pockets

Grove, it's not an issue of refusal really. Just part of the business. Companies put out press releases. Press entities (such as fighthype) release them (without bias). No money exchanges hands. Just part of the 'news' business.

The only suggestion I would have for Hype is that PRESS RELEASE be in BIG BOLD letters with many asterisks at the beginning of the text. Lol

They do have it in the link though.

I personally rarely read any company's press release, because by nature it's propaganda.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 11 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 11 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Grove, it's not an issue of refusal really. Just part of the business. Companies put out press releases. Press entities (such as fighthype) release them (without bias). No money exchanges hands. Just part of the 'news' business.

The only suggestion I would have for Hype is that PRESS RELEASE be in BIG BOLD letters with many asterisks at the beginning of the text. Lol

They do have it in the link though.

I personally rarely read any company's press release, because by nature it's propaganda.

Maybe one day we'll get the utopia of boxing we all dream of

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 11 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #38

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Maybe one day we'll get the utopia of boxing we all dream of

Would be nice. It's my favorite sport to watch. Big on basketball, golf, tennis as well. And none of these other sports have the corruption found in boxing. Merit, not politics ranks you. And no matter how much you try and "sell" an athlete, if they don't perform...they lose. And not just the game, or match, or tourney...but money and standing.

Leave it to boxing to fail us. And badly, sometimes. And yet it draws us in still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) To follow, and watch and sometimes obsess and hit these boards with our comments and stories. Oh boxing, I hate how much I love you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 11 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 11 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Would be nice. It's my favorite sport to watch. Big on basketball, golf, tennis as well. And none of these other sports have the corruption found in boxing. Merit, not politics ranks you. And no matter how much you try and "sell" an athlete, if they don't perform...they lose. And not just the game, or match, or tourney...but money and standing.

Leave it to boxing to fail us. And badly, sometimes. And yet it draws us in still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) To follow, and watch and sometimes obsess and hit these boards with our comments and stories. Oh boxing, I hate how much I love you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

All sports have some form of corruption, it's just Boxing's is the only one that doesn't have a punishment system in place. The crooks get off free in Boxing, in other sports they'll be judged and sentenced accordingly

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 11 2013, 12:25 AM) *
My take,

Byrd is fine as ref. At least no past history of problems.

Julie Ledderman, I'll take her judgements over her father any day. Twenty Years ago, Thirty years ago, Harold was good, now he's only ok, and is off more than he's on.

Duane Ford. I have a big problem with him. Didn't he have had Mayweather convincingly over Castillo in the first fight, in a fight that I thought Castillo won?

Jerry Roth, a little better but not much. I would have picked two out of state judges for this fight. Floyd will get all close rounds, and Byrd won't allow Guerrero to get inside, witch is the only way he can have a chance at winning.

Jack

This name has "shit" written all over it. The sad part is, Ford is good at times, but when he fucks up, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm almost sure there wont be much corruption in this one, if we factor in who brings more money to Vegas...Floyd or Guerrero? Why is that even a question? Lol.

NOW, if Floyd and Manny were fighting next month, then I'd expect some nonsense from the judges, because of excitement and propaganda.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:47 AM