Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
Franchize
post Mar 15 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #101

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I don't agree with Mayweather's comments, but doesn't it seem like he's sitting at home like "Gotcha!" to Andre Ward. Neither have fought in a while. Neither are fighting anyone that sells out arenas but off this little twitter feud alone, we've accumulated 10 pages worth of discussion lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 15 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #102

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 15 2013, 08:09 AM) *
I don't agree with Mayweather's comments, but doesn't it seem like he's sitting at home like "Gotcha!" to Andre Ward. Neither have fought in a while. Neither are fighting anyone that sells out arenas but off this little twitter feud alone, we've accumulated 10 pages worth of discussion lol

Floyds that dude man. He knows how to promote. 4 months ago Guerrero was a cherrypick fight. And then with one little tweet later people were convinced Floyd was ducking him. The mans in boxing to make money and hes making a shit load.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 15 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #103

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Just read Ward's response that he gave Fight Hype, can't argue what he said. I hope Floyd takes the Olive branch and be done with it. Both men are great for boxing. They add their own unique personality. I guess Floyd lost a fan. I hope he walks in with Guerrero on fight night!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 15 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #104

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 15 2013, 08:52 AM) *
Come on professor. Your reaching now. Nobodies saying Ward isnt a great fighter. Beibers more popular than Sting but that doesnt make him the better artist. Broners getting 1.4 mil views after 2 headline performances. You think that numbers going down?

i guess i live in a different world. i CANNOT name you one single beiber song. in addition to that, sting has been selling out concerts worldwide longer than that kid has been alive. i don't understand your rationale for saying 'this guy is more popular than that guy.' it reminds me of martin lawrence claiming he was the greatest comedian of all time because of his numbers. that shit was laughable back then and it's still funny as shit to me now.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 15 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 15 2013, 11:07 AM) *
This +1000

Respect and honor is cool. It will help you sleep better at night. However, not maximizing your marketability is stupid. This guy is talented inside and outside of the ring. He's speaks far better than Floyd. He's knowledgeable and charismatic. He has a far better reputation with in terms of his seemingly squeaky clean background. I'm not saying sell your soul to the devil but there's no reason why Ward shouldn't be a household name. I think he's doing himself a huge disservice.

i think he's on the path. there were a lot of things that lead floyd to be in the position he is in. things don't always work out that way for everyone. ward will make his way. he might not ever be on floyds level....but in all honesty, i don't think we'll see anyone on floyds level for a very long time.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 15 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Just read Ward's response that he gave Fight Hype, can't argue what he said. I hope Floyd takes the Olive branch and be done with it. Both men are great for boxing. They add their own unique personality. I guess Floyd lost a fan. I hope he walks in with Guerrero on fight night!

floyd doesn't strike me as the type to let shit ride. he'll make a back handed remark about it at some point. watch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 15 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #107

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 15 2013, 04:54 AM) *
ANDRE WARD CHALLENFED FLOYD TO FIGHT AT A CATCHWRIGHT OF 160 ON TWITTER

how rumors get started. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 15 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #108

Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 02:18 PM) *
i think he's on the path. there were a lot of things that lead floyd to be in the position he is in. things don't always work out that way for everyone. ward will make his way. he might not ever be on floyds level....but in all honesty, i don't think we'll see anyone on floyds level for a very long time.

Be careful Professor you may be called a Floyd dick rider or nut hugger. You know how some dudes on this forum get when someone makes a compliment about Mayweather.

I think Floyd should let this thing go. All he has to say is I respect his opinion and be done. But knowing Floyd he will probably say "Well if he has so much confidence in his boy bet a million that he will beat me, he can't cause he don't have it. But shit, I will lend him the money to bet against me and bet he won't do it" With a few curse words in between. This will be the saga of this fight. Will Floyd fight Ward next? Boxing!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 15 2013, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 15 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #109

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Be careful Professor you may be called a Floyd dick rider or nut hugger. You know how some dudes on this forum get when someone makes a compliment about Mayweather.

I think Floyd should let this thing go. All he has to say is I respect his opinion and be done. But knowing Floyd he will probably say "Well if he has so much confidence in his boy bet a million that he will beat me, he can't cause he don't have it. But shit, I will lend him the money to bet against me and bet he won't do it" With a few curse words in between. This will be the saga of this fight. Will Floyd fight Ward next? Boxing!

i've been a floyd fan since the amateurs. i've always held his skill in high regard. i can separate that from everything else.

the apple don't fall too far from the tree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) floyd sr talks mad shit...so it's no surprise jr is the same way. someone said in another thread that it's in ppls dna...and i agree. at some point...everyone who talks shit gets humbled. it's the way of the world.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 15 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #110

Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 03:03 PM) *
i've been a floyd fan since the amateurs. i've always held his skill in high regard. i can separate that from everything else.

the apple don't fall too far from the tree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) floyd sr talks mad shit...so it's no surprise jr is the same way. someone said in another thread that it's in ppls dna...and i agree. at some point...everyone who talks shit gets humbled. it's the way of the world.

It was fun while it lasted but I am true during the presser something will be said or even on Monday. Sadly I think this is the most Ward has been talked about outside of boxing fans.

I wanted Floyd, I recall my first fight when he fought Emmanuel Augustus and then I had to go back and watch all his other fights. He gets so much props for the fight from me. He showed grit! I loved that fight. Well I wonder if he will let his sons fight if they do, they will be shit talkers of all shit talkers.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 17 2013, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:25 PM