IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT) Cloud vs. Hopkins-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Mar 9 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action for the Cloud-Hopkins fight in this thread. See if the old man can win another world championship and break his own record! Or will the youth of the "Thunder Cloud" prove too much? Find out here!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 9 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Its 8pm here in Europe. The fight starts at about 4am. Challenge accepted.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 9 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Its 8pm here in Europe. The fight starts at about 4am. Challenge accepted.

Just hold off on the booze, or take a nap...whichever comes first. You'll be good and ready to watch it then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

*deeply inhales and exhales*

A fresh round by round thread!

Thurman/Zaveck: If Zaveck doesn't sit around and wait to see how hard Thurman hits, then we'll see an interesting fight. A guy with a good jab, can keep Thurman off...or any fighter for that matter. Somehow, someway, I feel that Zaveck will come out here fighting as if he's getting "paid" to NOT fight...translation: He will fight as if he was called to make Thurman look good.

In my mind, I can see Zaveck dropping Thurman with a counter shot, as he (Thurman) rushes in...since he does like chase guys down. He's never careful when he does that, maybe that will be his downfall this evening. Anyway...Thurman by TKO in the 4th...if Zaveck doesn't come to fight an intelligent fight.

Hopkins/Cloud: As I mentioned earlier in the preview thread, this is Hopkins' fight to lose. Cloud has enough power to put the old man down and finish him. The question is, can he do it before Hopkins gets comfortable and starts thinking in there? That remains to be seen.

If Cloud cant make Hopkins hesitant and make easy work of him within 7 rounds, then we'll see Hopkins take the wheel from there, in a nasty, gutsy, inside fight. Cloud doesn't have a decent straight punch in the holster, so I expect to see a bunch of leaping hooks...hopes he doesn't get countered coming in.

If Hopkins is against the ropes (or anywhere close), a split second of doubt and an extremely small lapse in reflexes, will have him eating a hook and tasting the canvas. We'll see straight right hands followed by an attempted headbutt, and some rough tactics on the inside from Hops...in that order.

Anyhow, I have Cloud by TKO, within 5 rounds. Hopkins has shown some slowing down, and we've seen him hurt way too often in the past 3 years.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 9 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Just hold off on the booze, or take a nap...whichever comes first. You'll be good and ready to watch it then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If I take a nap Ill wake up at 10am the next day. Unthinkable! Although I think it will happen and I will read about the result on FH. I am not suited for these. I was actually able to make it only once for the Mayweather/Ortiz fight....it was totally worth it......not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyways...I am not sure about this one. Too many question marks. I like Hopkins because he is trying to rewrite history yet again. On the other hand, he needs to get that one final loss and finally ride off to the sunset. However, if he loses, I can already imagine all the talking he will do. Now when I think about it, it would be kinda nice to see him on his ass...I am torn!!!! The hell with predictions...Im rooting for both!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Mar 9 2013, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 9 2013, 06:24 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Hopkins has a great chin still and people see him being stopped and KOd... no.. Pascal was explosively quick and landed shots in a funny spot on Hopkins head not he chin... Hopkins is not getting Kod or stopped in this bout

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 9 2013, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 9 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

This is an interesting fight, I'm sure Hopkins will try to mirror some of the same success Campillo had against Cloud. Cloud needs to press the action from the opening bell and avoid giving Hopkins a chance to out think him. If cloud isn't up on the cards after 6 rounds Hopkins will win yet another title.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Worst case scenario, this fight has A LOT of controversy involved, ends in controversy, and warrants a rematch. We are talking about a Hopkins fight here. Lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 9 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Just got in from an all day session of drinking, I think I should make peace with the fact I will never again have enough endurance for any form of competitive sports (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) aside from darts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 9 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Hopkins has a great chin still and people see him being stopped and KOd... no.. Pascal was explosively quick and landed shots in a funny spot on Hopkins head not he chin... Hopkins is not getting Kod or stopped in this bout

I don't know about chin but his D is more or less why he can keep going at this age, same with James Toney. While Hopkins doesn't use a shoulder roll he certainly uses his shoulder to block shots.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:36 AM