IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged), (Rematch?)
checkleft
post Sep 16 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #131

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Martinez second p4p? Lol!

Well mayweather is out and it doesn't sound like he's coming back so arguably.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 16 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #132

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Martinez second p4p? Lol!

nobody else to fill the void

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 16 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #133

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Judging from the post fight reactions from both camps, it looks like they favor a rematch in the house that Jerry Jones built. I don't like that for Martinez, I would expect the same thing that happened with JMM-Pacquio to him if he went ahead and fought in Texas
Plus their commission is so lax and they always seem to ride with the popular fighter (i.e. JCC jr)

Well I could live with a rematch, please NOT in Texas! Chavez Jr. will somehow win there and he probably would have scored a TKO in the 12th if Lawrence Cole had been the ref, and that fight had been in Texas! Neutral officials are what is needed more of in boxing. In Texas, they will do everything to get Chavez his WBC title back. Don't do it Sergio! Neutral site only. Dibella and Sergio should be saying no to anything otherwise.

I have had mixed Chavez cards in his fights. I thought he looked very ordinary against Peter Manfredo and had him losing 2-1 at the stoppage, Although all three rounds could have gone either way. I had Chavez ahead against Andy Lee by a round or two, but all three judges had Lee ahead. That was surprising, but this was after Bradley-Pacquiao so the judges may have bent over backwards to go the other way. I suspect that the WBC will mandate a rematch anyway, and off the strength of Chavez's almost miracle 12th round, there's probably enough interest to do it. I like Julio Jr. But I don't like the politics that protect him.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 16 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #134

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I know this might be asking alot but anyone have any vids/links of the fight. I was with my better half on vacation.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 16 2012, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 16 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #135

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:55 PM) *
Well I could live with a rematch, please NOT in Texas! Chavez Jr. will somehow win there and he probably would have scored a TKO in the 12th if Lawrence Cole had been the ref, and that fight had been in Texas! Neutral officials are what is needed more of in boxing. In Texas, they will do everything to get Chavez his WBC title back. Don't do it Sergio! Neutral site only. Dibella and Sergio should be saying no to anything otherwise.

I have had mixed Chavez cards in his fights. I thought he looked very ordinary against Peter Manfredo and had him losing 2-1 at the stoppage, Although all three rounds could have gone either way. I had Chavez ahead against Andy Lee by a round or two, but all three judges had Lee ahead. That was surprising, but this was after Bradley-Pacquiao so the judges may have bent over backwards to go the other way. I suspect that the WBC will mandate a rematch anyway, and off the strength of Chavez's almost miracle 12th round, there's probably enough interest to do it. I like Julio Jr. But I don't like the politics that protect him.

Jack

Yes. Not to mention chavez seems to give drug tests the slip in Texas

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 16 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #136

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Yes,

Chavez being outclassed went out the window the moment he put Sergio on his ass. The only way there want be a rematch is if Sergio refuses and moves on. But where does he go for his next opponent that will generate money? Chavez was beaten up, but never hurt and in the rematch I think he will press him earlier.

Maravilla really is a Ballerina!

Maravilla's more like a tap dancer, because he was tap dancing all over JCC Jr's face. There's a photo of Chavez post beatdown face circulating on the interwebs, If you're on twitter, Lou DiBella's sending it around. I think a few other people have it too.

I really hope JCC Jr. gets the rematch. This time I'll bet money.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 16 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #137

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2012, 12:25 AM) *
this has payed for my next few nights out

I never gamble because I always lose, but I'm kicking myself for not betting on this one.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 16 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #138

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 12:24 AM) *
YES!!!! Shoutout to Maravilla for knowing how to fight this bum! I'm going to pick up my $ tomorrow morning hahahaha

I'm jealous.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #139

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:36 PM) *
I'm jealous.

Don't be, when the rematch takes place you could pt your kids thru college with the beatdown Martinez will put on junior.

I've seen the pics of JCC jr's face and I almost feel bad for him but everybody including his father says he was bullshitting thru camp...as far as the ballerina stuff people keep saying, that actually is an old training method that trainers used to put their fighters thru, but these trolls don't understand that. They only see one way of things

+Quote Post
flazi
post Sep 16 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #140

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

bailarina? hahaha you can't hit someone with that many punches if you dancing around. he didn't dance or run. all he did was jab jab jab jab left jab left move pivot wash rinse repeat lol

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:41 AM