Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Bradley on May 4?
bnoles4life
post Jan 21 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh....I dunno. In order for this to happen, Arum will have to allow Floyd to dictate things and history has proven, he'd rather NOT make money, before letting that happen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jan 21 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #12

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Love the matchup, much better than Floyd/Guerrero. But I dunno... as others have said, Arum won't negotiate with Haymon and/or Schaeffer even though it seems he doesn't care what happens with Bradley's career.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 21 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

If this happens... Floyd will stop the pillow fisted Bradley in 8 rounds...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I brought this up in another thread, I saw it on ESPN page

Here's a link to the article http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...-in-discussions

I don't think it'll happen but I can see it happening...but it's highly unlikely

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 21 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Yessss!!!.. I like this this fight better than Guerrero. Floyd easy Decision or TKO

I can see Tim bradley easily getting bought out with whatever $$ floyd will offer him compared to what he's getting watching highlights in his house. Bradley would make more than he did against pacquiao, and after he loses to floyd he can probably take the pacquiao rematch too.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 22 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't think it has anything to do with Bradley being "fed to the wolves" and everything to do with Arum not wanting Floyd to make any money off of him/one of his fighters. In other words, I don't think Arum cares about one of his fighters getting beat. I just think he doesn't want to have any contribution to Floyd making any money.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 22 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I can't even express how fucked up the system is. I actually feel sorry for Bradley. He is a victim of foul boxing politics. Yes, he is flawed, he doesn't have the persona that sells tickets and he doesn't have a proper fan base BUT...he doesn't deserve getting screwed up like that. None of the fighters who are just waiting for the opportunity do. Boxers need to decide who to fight, when and for how much money....not old greedy bastards. GOD DAMN!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 22 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 22 2013, 10:38 AM) *
I can't even express how fucked up the system is. I actually feel sorry for Bradley. He is a victim of foul boxing politics. Yes, he is flawed, he doesn't have the persona that sells tickets and he doesn't have a proper fan base BUT...he doesn't deserve getting screwed up like that. None of the fighters who are just waiting for the opportunity do. Boxers need to decide who to fight, when and for how much money....not old greedy bastards. GOD DAMN!

I agree. Bottom line is, I never thougth he really deserved the Pacquiao fight and I thought he lost the Pacquiao fight...but, fact remains, he won the Pacquaio fight and for that, he should be able to fight guys and make money going forward that is indicative of said achievement. He wasn't the first person to win in controversial fashion and he won't be the last. He wasn't the first to shoot passed people to the front of the line for a major fight, and he wont be the last. So why is he being ostracized like he is? Why? Because everything was all good and swept under the rug until it happened to the great Manny Pacquiao. How dare Manny get robbed? The nerve

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 22 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The more i watch that fight the closer it gets lol while I really don't think he deserved the Pac fight and that he should of fought Khan, I can't help but feel bad for him. He's not a bad guy, just not star material

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im not sure guys, I have to go back and check this out, because Bradley hired this new lady (cant remember what her exact title is), but she handles all of his legal stuff now. He could be trying to get out of his contract. Again, I feel like he's trying to do that, and its been going on since the Pacquiao rematch feel through, coupled by him declining the Peterson fight.

What better way to get out of your contract and land a fight of this magnitude? I wouldn't completely rule it out...besides, Bradley has been quiet awfully quiet lately. Arum's targeting a 5th fight for JMM/Pac, possibly in Mexico or some shit like that. I haven't heard crap about Bradley, except for some rumors about a possible Gamboa fight.

Speaking of Gamboa, didn't he get out of his TR contract rather easily? Im not sure how much time he had left on it, but he got out in a matter of months. He wasn't all that marketbale, so the question is...what does Gamboa and Bradley have in common? Yep, you got it...shitty marketability. That's the reason that Gamboa/Lopez didn't happen...because Lopez was marketable, and Gamboa had no fan base at all.

At least Lopez had Puerto Rico, but Gamboa has nothing. It's hard to book big name (or somewhat big name) fighters in Florida, and the last last card that we saw in FL, could've been a FNF card...not a HBO or Showtime card (help me out here).

I can see Bob letting Bradley go with ease...he does nothing for his pockets anyhow. If anything, he was a fluff piece to make Manny look good, but his "win" was also used to keep Manny honest (to keep him from asking for more money in his next fight).

So again, I can see Bradley getting the boot if he decides that he wants to leave. IF Arum is on to Bradley trying to land a Mayweather fight, then he'll keep him out of spite and keep on the shelf.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:45 PM