Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Toneys take on Pac v/s Mayweather fight, hmm
neophyte7
post Dec 4 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Amazes me how people can downgrade mayweather for being ignorant and ghetto, YET FIND worth and appreciation for JAMES GORILLA mighty joe young looking ass. Toney is disgusting with his antics and his antics don't equate to any dollars. HE IS disgusting clown and disgraceful reinforcement of the steroetypical image of the Black Male in America. He needs his liver lips sown shut...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Dec 4 2010, 12:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Dec 4 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 4 2010, 11:33 AM) *
Amazes me how people can downgrade mayweather for being ignorant and ghetto, YET FIND worth and appreciation for JAMES GORILLA mighty joe young looking ass. Toney is disgusting with his antics and his antics don't equate to any dollars. HE IS disgusting clown and disgraceful reinforcement of the steroetypical image of the Black Male in America. He needs his liver lips sown shut...

dude is ignorant...

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Dec 4 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #33

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 4 2010, 10:05 AM) *
dude is ignorant...

The genetic freak?

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Dec 5 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #34

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 4 2010, 12:33 PM) *

Thats because people hate winners! No one likes the cocky black kid. But Toney can get away with it why? Bc hes not a winner, he gets his ass whooped on the regular so they will classify his cockiness as "bein real", as opposed to Floyd being the "asshole" and crucified for his cockiness. And no im not the guy that idolizes Floyd zero.. any man can lose a fight on any given day. But basically Floyd been on top for wayyyyy too long and he talk much shit on top of that. They didnt like Ali till he got sick and couldnt talk shit no more. Toney havent been on top of his game for a lonnngggg ass time now.. so its easy to support his ignorance and antics, cheer that shit on thats what we want. But yet lets hate Floyd for doing the exact same shit. *Shrugs* thats america for you, lol

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Dec 5 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (tymoney @ Dec 5 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Thats because people hate winners! No one likes the cocky black kid. But Toney can get away with it why? Bc hes not a winner, he gets his ass whooped on the regular so they will classify his cockiness as "bein real", as opposed to Floyd being the "asshole" and crucified for his cockiness. And no im not the guy that idolizes Floyd zero.. any man can lose a fight on any given day. But basically Floyd been on top for wayyyyy too long and he talk much shit on top of that. They didnt like Ali till he got sick and couldnt talk shit no more. Toney havent been on top of his game for a lonnngggg ass time now.. so its easy to support his ignorance and antics, cheer that shit on thats what we want. But yet lets hate Floyd for doing the exact same shit. *Shrugs* thats america for you, lol

This has got nothing to do with who is winning or losing.

I'm afraid you miss the subtle differences between James' smack talking and Floyd's. James' trash is always tinged with humour and sometimes just roll around funny. Same with Tyson. Floyd's? Floyd's is just plain dumb. It's also in the delivery as well. James has comic timing, Floyd just has a stutter.

I'd be very surprised if Floyd could ever come up with something as bizarrely hilarious as "I'm the king of John Madden." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

James should go to the WWE. If their audience liked Floyd they'll freakin love James.

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Dec 5 2010, 01:56 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 5 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #36

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 5 2010, 01:55 AM) *
This has got nothing to do with who is winning or losing.

I'm afraid you miss the subtle differences between James' smack talking and Floyd's. James' trash is always tinged with humour and sometimes just roll around funny. Same with Tyson. Floyd's? Floyd's is just plain dumb. It's also in the delivery as well. James has comic timing, Floyd just has a stutter.

I'd be very surprised if Floyd could ever come up with something as bizarrely hilarious as "I'm the king of John Madden." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

James should go to the WWE. If their audience liked Floyd they'll freakin love James.

Yeah...charisma is key.

I can't understand a word Ricardo Mayorga says, but his smack talk is still outstanding because he is charismatic.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Dec 5 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #37

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2010, 09:16 PM) *
This is true. Us brokeass Asians love to gamble too though.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ha! lol

On the Floyd vs James subject...the difference that's more apparent to me is the level of God given talent. I'm not talking about boxing talent, because those gifts are obvious in both of them. But the "gift of gab" is something that James has, and Floyd desperately tries to attain.

Like everything else in the world, talent can not be learned. You're either born with it, or you aren't. Sure, you can refine it...like any skill. But training can only help you realize your full potential, not extend what you're born with.

That's why James gets laughs, and Floyd gets groans.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 5 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Gift of gab??? Jesus. James has poor grammar. He may be able to run his mouth or what we say in the hood" Bumb his gums", but gifted ... hell no

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Dec 5 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 5 2010, 05:21 PM) *
Gift of gab??? Jesus. James has poor grammar. He may be able to run his mouth or what we say in the hood" Bumb his gums", but gifted ... hell no

'Gift of the gab' doesn't have to mean you pronounce everything in the Queen's english. It means you you have the ability to think and talk fast. To say funny random stuff on the fly.

And as JD has pointed out some charisma with the delivery doesn't hurt either. Floyd has zero charisma and just tries too damn hard whereas James you know could go on talking his shit all freakin day.

Toney=natural.

Floyd=media creation.

I'll tell you if the young unbeaten Toney had been around in the 24/7 era he would be a friggin superstar. Waaay bigger than Floyd.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Dec 5 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #40

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Ollie, Spyder, JD.

+1

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:35 AM