IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward vs Chavez (Topics Merged), Any Interest? At 168?
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #71

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 10 2012, 10:12 PM) *
true, but I doubt they go back to same day weigh-in's which is unfortunate.

Regardless of what he does in his career, I'd never pick him to top Ward. I witnessed greatness on Saturday night. The difference between the 2 fighters is Ward is the truth, Chavez jr is just a mystery

no doubt. ward is definitely on the path to greatness. the man is amazing....methodical, calculating...he has every trick in the book. i love watching that dude fight. there's nothing boring about it. hbo doesn't deserve his fights. unappreciative, blood and guts craving, don't know shit about boxing ass muthafuckas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 11 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #72

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 01:12 PM) *
does anyone have a problem with chavez getting the bigger purse?

nope. chavez has a bigger fanbase

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 11 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm sure Martinez is happy with the numbers. It's about what he gets paid plus whatever percentage he's getting of the biggest gate he has ever had should add up to his biggest purse. But from what i read about Martinez financial situation he has money, I seriously think he just wants these big fights mostly because of pride..

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 12 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #74

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alright guys, looks like we talked this one up...

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-see-ward-...ot-geale--56996

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 03:30 PM) *
no doubt. ward is definitely on the path to greatness. the man is amazing....methodical, calculating...he has every trick in the book. i love watching that dude fight. there's nothing boring about it. hbo doesn't deserve his fights. unappreciative, blood and guts craving, don't know shit about boxing ass muthafuckas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The bad thing about it is they will turn on him and start degrading him and his skills inside the ring, just like they did Floyd, same way their doing Broner right now somewhat with the sneak disses about him not making weight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 12 2012, 12:28 PM) *
Alright guys, looks like we talked this one up...

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-see-ward-...ot-geale--56996

They need to cut us a check, we better promoters then they are lmao

I forget who called it on here but Roach seemed to confirm that they won't look to fight Ward for a while, which is probably a couple of years from now. I hope this fight does happen before Ward moves to LHW, as long as Arum is involved he'll keep Junior out of harm's way for as long as he can

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 12 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 02:20 PM) *
The bad thing about it is they will turn on him and start degrading him and his skills inside the ring, just like they did Floyd, same way their doing Broner right now somewhat with the sneak disses about him not making weight

I don't understand how hbo could go about dissing their own product? I mean these are guys that are put in the ring to give you a job and the whole segment all we hear is bitching and complaining about them. The showtime cast does an awesome job of NOT doing that unless its deserved.

I think Hopkins should be considered as an announcer alongside kellerman. But then it might cause an issue because Roy is a good announcer too and I think him and Hopkins don't like each other. Another great announcer I've heard is Andre ward! He did FNF and he was very good, but his career is still up and running full speed. I just think hbo needs some fresh voices. Those freaking pom pom wearing dinosaurs need to go.

Who do you guys think would make good announcers?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 03:20 PM) *

they were doing it during the telecast...

merchant..."both of these guys would rather watch a fight of the year rather than be in one..."

lampley..."earlier we mentioned vitali klitschko being a MASTER at controlling distance...ward is ALMOST as good..."

they can't help themselves...they will shit on him and the sad part is that neither has a fucking clue. fans will regurgitate their bullshit as will some of the mickey mouse internet journalist who seem to follow suit.

broner deserves to be dissed the way he blatantly missed weight...then had the audacity to clown about it on twitter. that was very unprofessional. i could never see guys like chad, floyd or ward doing something like that. broners skills are undeniable...but he needs to grow up.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 12 2012, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 03:25 PM) *
They need to cut us a check, we better promoters then they are lmao

I forget who called it on here but Roach seemed to confirm that they won't look to fight Ward for a while, which is probably a couple of years from now. I hope this fight does happen before Ward moves to LHW, as long as Arum is involved he'll keep Junior out of harm's way for as long as he can

i thought it would be a few years. if floyd/pac is any indication....roach talking about a ward/chavez match up means absolutely nothing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2012, 03:29 PM) *
I don't understand how hbo could go about dissing their own product? I mean these are guys that are put in the ring to give you a job and the whole segment all we hear is bitching and complaining about them. The showtime cast does an awesome job of NOT doing that unless its deserved.

I think Hopkins should be considered as an announcer alongside kellerman. But then it might cause an issue because Roy is a good announcer too and I think him and Hopkins don't like each other. Another great announcer I've heard is Andre ward! He did FNF and he was very good, but his career is still up and running full speed. I just think hbo needs some fresh voices. Those freaking pom pom wearing dinosaurs need to go.

Who do you guys think would make good announcers?

if showtime has released him...hbo should hire antonio tarver. he'd make a great addition!

lampley and merchant are unbearable.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:31 PM