IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Brook vs. Porter-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streems
Jack 1000
post Aug 16 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to Showtime's Triple Header card tonight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 16 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Brook by way of upset, in a tough outing. I went back and watched the Sedchenko fight, and noticed that Sedchenko had success with his left hook, but he didn't have much on it. Brook tends to leave himself in an awkward position when he feels his back is getting close to the ropes...it seems as if he always gets rocked near the ropes.

Anyway, Porter is the type of guy who tends to beat himself, but guys just aren't quick enough to make him pay for his mistakes. Is Brook the guy to do that? Yes and no. I guess its safe to see who puts themselves in harm's way first.

I have Bika by late stoppage, against Dirrell. Call me crazy, whatever. Dirrell has lulls in fights and that may hurt him this time out. If conventional wisdom serves me well, he'll try his best to be more aggressive, which may also be a trap for him. Bika can't handle a guy who boxes him, but aggressive guys, is his tea cup of tea.

Figueroa has been a bit shaky lately, but I'll bet my money on him tonight in a gutsy outing.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Aug 16 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,960

Porter by stoppage
Belmontes by UD
Bika by Ko

I'm just pulling my guesses out of thin air..ain't had time to come do it earlier lol.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Aug 16 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I haven't seen anything of brook, and i've only seen the the malinaggi fight & showtime thing for Shawn porter that included 3 of his fights on shobox.... I'm going with Porter, because if there's one thing that's CONSISTENT with porter is that he always impresses. I think this is both of their biggest challenges, I was thinking if this fight is good enough we could have a trilogy. I'm just happy that this fight is even happening. Think its gonna be a great fight........ Winner of this fight should definitely fight thurman!

If this Dirrell fights anything like the other Dirrell i saw a few weeks ago then I'm going with him over bika

Omar isn't vsing anyone that seems like a legit challenge so he retains the belt for now.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 16 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I got Porter
Dirrell

I can't believe Omar wants to go to 140! Imagine a Garcia and Omar fight. Or Broner and Omar. He needs to win impressively. I should of gotten tickets to this thing but I was late on deciding. Oh well

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Aug 16 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 16 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Brook by way of upset, in a tough outing. I went back and watched the Sedchenko fight, and noticed that Sedchenko had success with his left hook, but he didn't have much on it. Brook tends to leave himself in an awkward position when he feels his back is getting close to the ropes...it seems as if he always gets rocked near the ropes.

Anyway, Porter is the type of guy who tends to beat himself, but guys just aren't quick enough to make him pay for his mistakes. Is Brook the guy to do that? Yes and no. I guess its safe to see who puts themselves in harm's way first.

I have Bika by late stoppage, against Dirrell. Call me crazy, whatever. Dirrell has lulls in fights and that may hurt him this time out. If conventional wisdom serves me well, he'll try his best to be more aggressive, which may also be a trap for him. Bika can't handle a guy who boxes him, but aggressive guys, is his tea cup of tea.

Figueroa has been a bit shaky lately, but I'll bet my money on him tonight in a gutsy outing.

I can't believe you are picking Bika, dude is to wild and gasses late.

This post has been edited by BigFightFan: Aug 16 2014, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 16 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

This Figueroa/Estrada shit is already a punch for punch affair...nothing short of it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 16 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Going into round 3....Estrada aint there to lay down

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 16 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Estrada needs to keep that left up

Figueroa with those sugar free bubble gum trunks...straight up ugly

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 16 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Estrada is a sucker for that left hook, but Figueroa just hasn't gotten enough torque on it just yet.

Estrada is trying, but he's fighting the wrong fight. This activity is too much for him

I only have Estrada winning the 1st round, going into the 6th, has been all Figueroa

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:01 PM