IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "If it wasn't for me the game would be dead" - Muhammad Ali, A few questions on the G.O.A.T.
Cheesey1
post Feb 5 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 4 2013, 03:16 PM) *
no way in the world ali loses to superman or the hulk. he'd beat them mentally before they ever even step foot in the ring.

Fair enough re. Superman, but no way with the Hulk.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 5 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 4 2013, 04:16 PM) *
no way in the world ali loses to superman or the hulk. he'd beat them mentally before they ever even step foot in the ring.

I concur lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2013, 11:23 PM) *
My boy pep!

Pep was smooth in the ring. I don't hear his name brought up that much but I first learned about him from old timers at the gym and I checked out some of his fights on youtube and read alot on him, plus listening to the guys at the gym stories about him. He deserves a nod as one of the best to ever lace up a pair of gloves

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 6 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2013, 04:06 PM) *
Pep was smooth in the ring. I don't hear his name brought up that much but I first learned about him from old timers at the gym and I checked out some of his fights on youtube and read alot on him, plus listening to the guys at the gym stories about him. He deserves a nod as one of the best to ever lace up a pair of gloves

Definitely! So underrated, great footwork iq and defensive instincts. Love watching his old fights and highlights!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 5 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Definitely! So underrated, great footwork iq and defensive instincts. Love watching his old fights and highlights!

Agreed! I think he's underrated because there's not an abundance of footage of him like today's fighters. I think if it were then people would have a different perception of him. He was just so talented

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 6 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2013, 04:51 PM) *
Agreed! I think he's underrated because there's not an abundance of footage of him like today's fighters. I think if it were then people would have a different perception of him. He was just so talented

And he was so entertaining inside and outside the ring, one of my all time favorites.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 6 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #37

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Can argue what he says. He really invented a Hollywood type of personal for himself and boxing. Many have tried to imitate Ali's style and play of words but they have failed. The man had principle and he stood by his beliefs. It is a pleasure for him to be apart of boxing. Thanks Ali for the quotes, fights, and attitude! And thank you for having your daughter... best gift ever.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 6 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #38

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

The main thing that set Ali apart from those of his counterparts in any era is that he had a platform (Human Rights) to stand on, there were/are plenty of colorful characters in this sport and those with plenty of mouth and a flair for being funny, the most hated or just outright outrageously entertaining.

Muhammad was the right man in the right place at the right time in that era, there are no longer any platforms for boxing's elite to stand on and become a world reknown people's champ for.

People are no longer galvanized, we're more segregated that ever thanks to the media.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:26 PM