IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Koncz confirms Pacquiao has NOT agreed to all terms, Still wanted cut-off date
thehype
post Jul 7 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Just because I felt like we needed another thread pertaining to Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, here's the latest interview with Michael Koncz. He confirms that they still wanted a cut-off date [14 days] and says he would have to speak with Manny about the possibility a 7-day or 5-day cut-off:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10259.html

Yeah, well we agreed to, in the past, random testing as long as when we get tested, he gets tested, up to 14 days. We're not going to test on the day of the fight. I'm not going to sit here and tell you yes, we'll agree to do tests that day or not, but What we've done in the past, we've agreed to give blood immediately after the fight, but then the problem is the commission told us that they won't do that because it's not sterile in the dressing rooms. Will we give blood 5 days, 7 days before the fight? You know, that's something I have to talk to Manny about, but we have nothing to hide. I certainly can tell you we will not give any type of blood on the day of the fight. Once again, it's Manny's belief, and I witnessed it myself at the Morales fight. The blood test got lost when Murad Muhammad was still around; something happened to it and we had to redo the blood test, I don't know, it was 2 or 3 days before the fight. Whether it's true or not, the same goes for Floyd, but whether it's true or not, if a person has that belief that needles and taking blood effects your strength and effects you physically, that's in your mind and your mind is stronger than your body. So if that belief is there, it's gonna effect you in a negative way. The same thing for Floyd, if he really believes Manny is on something, his mind is going to take over and it's going to control him. That's the same thing with Manny and needles. He hates needles. We're not making anything up. As I said, when we tried to make the fight the first time around, you know, look in the archives; we've always talked about needles and how he's afraid of needles, and we've always used the Morales fight as an example. That wasn't something that we just drummed up when the first negotiations came for Floyd. And again, how do I change his mind on that? That's something that's implanted in his mind and if he believes that so steadfast, as he does, it's going to effect him in a negative way. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but I do know that the mind is stronger than the body and if that's your belief, you know, it could effect you, and it more likely will than not in a negative way. If both fighters really want to make the fight, I believe it can be made because both fighters will compromise where each of them are happy and it'll happen.

Just wanted to clear that up for those of you who keep sending me links to the infamous "Pacquiao agrees to all terms" video floating around on YouTube.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TzFrank
post Jul 7 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,145

Finally!!!! Maybe these pactards will finally get the picture because I'm tired of hearing that Manny already agreed to all terms when he really didn't! Thanks fighthype!!!!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 7 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #3

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

So many views...so few replies.

Please, God...let this fight happen someday...not for the money I'll make, but for the pure satisfaction of stomping 'tards out while they're at rock bottom.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 7 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

"Konz doesnt know what hes talking about. The Pacquiao agreed to all Mayweathers terms. Hes just scared," says the pactard. Lol I wanna see how they try and spin this story.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 7 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 7 2011, 01:58 PM) *
So many views...so few replies.

Please, God...let this fight happen someday...not for the money I'll make, but for the pure satisfaction of stomping 'tards out while they're at rock bottom.

i would just be happy for all the shit to end, probably even more hyped up than the thought of Mayweather coming in as an underdog. bitchassness in boxing has reached its peak with this fight.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 7 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

SMH. Pacman has been exposed for lying to the PEOPLE so much for being the PEOPLE'S CHAMP. I can't wait till the fight get's made and Mayweather puts on a boxing clinic for which will be the most mismatched boxing fight in boxing history. Roach been said that Manny wasn't ready for Floyd and that he will be the toughest fighter ever for Pacman. All of Bottom Rank's deceptive lies are being exposed from Roach, to Blob Arum, to Koncz and now Manny. Sergio should be the real p4p king not Manny based on opposition. I believe the fight won't be made because they still won't ahere to the drug test and they keep complaining about Floyd isn't the commision well let's look at Manny's stipulations *ahem*...glove size, Floyd has to pay $1Mill per weight he comes over the limit, ring size etc. He agreed to everything but on Pacman's side they still looking like cry babies. I believe Floyd will fight Amir Khan then Martinez. (btw Martinez needs to step his promotion game up he deserves to be more renown)

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jul 7 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

I tried to tell me people Manny wanted a cut-off date (which defeats the purpose of the test in the 1st place), but people called me crazy. It's good to finally put this shit to rest.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Jul 7 2011, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Jul 7 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

It's crazy how all of this becomes Floyd's fault. The guy doesn't even know when Manny took the blood test before the fight with Morales. Everyone heard Manny tell Brian Kenny that he took the blood test on the day of the fight, so why would Koncz say it was 2 or 3 days before? Let the last test fall on the day of the weigh in. If not at the weigh in, both fighters should be tested on the week leading of the fight. These guys are full of it. Mike Koncz is part of the problem as well. He's the one telling Manny to seek out guys like Shane Mosley.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 7 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #9

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

LOL... Checkmate!

CEO, I have been saving money to lay down on this fight!

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 7 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 7 2011, 03:56 PM) *
LOL... Checkmate!

CEO, I have been saving money to lay down on this fight!

if they do fight i've thought about hitting up Vegas for it. then i'll strut through the sports book after the fight like i'm George motherfucking Jefferson and collect my money from Mayweather winning.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:04 PM