IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dan Rafael:Mayweather has been told by Top Rank they won't negotiate Pac vs May
Box in Hand
post Nov 14 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Khan's an idiot! Who would consider retirement, just to save their status as p4p king? No matter how many fights you lose towards the end of your career, you will always be looked at as a great champion and p4p king. This is how I know Daffy Duck Khan will crumble when someone shatters his self-proclaimed false sense of pound4pound rankings.

Then he wants to go into sparring talk, just to say that "Manny hasn't been getting the better of it". What a piece of crock! C'mon Khan, if it wasn't for Roach, Ariza, and the so-called "fading sparring king" Pacquiao...nobody would even know who the fuck you were. Learn how to close your beak sometimes Daffy...

Khan is no friend of Manny. This article showed that. It's ok to say Manny lost but to throw your supposed friend under the bus like this deserves a smack in the face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 14 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 14 2011, 10:38 PM) *
he may very well surprise everyone with the Feb opponent-but the fight has to be announced soon...

Soon, as in YESTERDAY. Like I said earlier, February is up our asses, no way FMJ can put some shit together that quick. The last time he announced some shit this soon, was on May 2, 2009 on the night of the Pac/Hatton fight, and his fight with JMM was set to happen on July 18th...not enough time. Guess what happened? It got resecheduled to Sept. 19th, because of the injury. So Im sure Floyd knows to not to schedule a fight so soon, shit happens.

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 14 2011, 10:42 PM) *
I would rather him see Morales than fucking Devon, and I don't even want to think about him fighting Morales (mismatch)-he would get bashed for that one and he knows it

Morales would be the lesser of two evils for Floyd if the choices are Morales and Alexander. At least Mexicans will buy that shit and watch it woth pride...gotta be the most hardcore fans in boxing history.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:57 PM) *
The WNBA is always a go.

Hell fuck no! Kill me now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 14 2011, 11:01 PM) *
It's not even a great day as a fan. I've stuck to my guns from day 1.

In situations like this, thats the best thing to do. Good one Haz

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 14 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 14 2011, 11:19 PM) *
Khan is no friend of Manny. This article showed that. It's ok to say Manny lost but to throw your supposed friend under the bus like this deserves a smack in the face.

He may very well get that slap in the face. Guys sacrifice themselves for big paydays these days...

+Quote Post
DubC
post Nov 14 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #34

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Soon, as in YESTERDAY. Like I said earlier, February is up our asses, no way FMJ can put some shit together that quick. The last time he announced some shit this soon, was on May 2, 2009 on the night of the Pac/Hatton fight, and his fight with JMM was set to happen on July 18th...not enough time. Guess what happened? It got resecheduled to Sept. 19th, because of the injury. So Im sure Floyd knows to not to schedule a fight so soon, shit happens.

Morales would be the lesser of two evils for Floyd if the choices are Morales and Alexander. At least Mexicans will buy that shit and watch it woth pride...gotta be the most hardcore fans in boxing history.

True on postponing the fights...That's the problem with trying to schedule things in advance like Feb and May fights

And lesser than two evils, is correct...I might actually think about watching Morales because he is still a warrior with a ton of experience...Alexander, I wouldn't even watch the free replay a week later (unless it was a brutal knockout) lol

So what do you think about the Feb opponent (if he can get it pulled together that quick) and then the May opponent Cshel?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 14 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:19 AM) *

Hell fuck no! Kill me now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

In situations like this, thats the best thing to do. Good one Haz

I have yet to watch a WNBA game. It is worse than Golf. The way they market it and the pace of the game is awful.... Floyd's next opponent should be Khan. Or ge could fight Canelo. Martinez ain't coming down and I doubt it if Floyd would go up. Arum has ended Pac's career.

+Quote Post
DubC
post Nov 14 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #36

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:38 PM) *
I have yet to watch a WNBA game. It is worse than Golf. The way they market it and the pace of the game is awful.... Floyd's next opponent should be Khan. Or ge could fight Canelo. Martinez ain't coming down and I doubt it if Floyd would go up. Arum has ended Pac's career.

Khan isn't going to be "ready" in Feb or May (unless the money talks)...I would watch the Canelo fight, but I don't think he has much of a chance-if any at all...It would definitely sell, probably not as good as the Mosely or Vic fights, but would be a good money maker...They could sell the "moving up in weight to fight an undefeated fighter"...Even at this stage Canelo has more of a chance than Vic did imo...

WNBA, worthless...

Golf is great on the course, and I will watch the big events if there isn't anything else on...

Arum, the greedy old dinosaur, has robbed the fans of what would have probably been the best "selling" fight ever (2 years ago, hell even 6 months ago smh)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 15 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 14 2011, 11:26 PM) *
True on postponing the fights...That's the problem with trying to schedule things in advance like Feb and May fights

And lesser than two evils, is correct...I might actually think about watching Morales because he is still a warrior with a ton of experience...Alexander, I wouldn't even watch the free replay a week later (unless it was a brutal knockout) lol

So what do you think about the Feb opponent (if he can get it pulled together that quick) and then the May opponent Cshel?

Yeah Alexander brings no money to the table, but he's a live body (with little experience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ). On the other hand, Morales has much experience, but he has crazy fighter miles on him...but yet, he brings money (fan base) to the table. As far as Floyd's possible February opponent, I would PROBABLY give that to Sergio or Maidana, but yet, there wil be no time for promotion. Im just throwing those two out there because they haven't fought since August and October (early), so they may not be waaay out of shape, who knows.

As far as May is concerned, the prior two could be potentials (with room to fight a tune-up before Feb.). There would be a wider range of opponents fr May 5th...like Berto, Ortiz, Khan (maybe at the end of the year...Nov/Dec), Alexander, or Bradley's punk ass. The profitable opponents would more than likely be Ortiz (again), Khan (UK money, Pac/Roach/Ariza association, UK fan base), Berto, or Morales (because of the Mexican fan base). Let's not count out Canelo (which may very well be to early, but who knows).

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 14 2011, 11:38 PM) *
I have yet to watch a WNBA game. Floyd's next opponent should be Khan. Or he could fight Canelo. Martinez ain't coming down and I doubt it if Floyd would go up. Arum has ended Pac's career.

If you haven't watched a game, then why suggest it to us? Guess we all gotta suffer, huh? Khan may very well be next, but I would expect to see that in November or Decemeber '12...gotta give Khan a couple of impressive WW fights. Martinez WILL come down to 54...hell, if he considered 150 for cramp-leg Pac, then he will do 54 for FMJ. Floyd may very well go up...up to 150! Hahahaha!!! You never know!

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 14 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Khan isn't going to be "ready" in Feb or May (unless the money talks)...I would watch the Canelo fight, but I don't think he has much of a chance-if any at all...It would definitely sell, probably not as good as the Mosely or Vic fights, but would be a good money maker...They could sell the "moving up in weight to fight an undefeated fighter"...Even at this stage Canelo has more of a chance than Vic did imo...

You're right, he wont be ready in Feb. since it would only be 2 months removed from his Dec. fight. He may very well be ready in May, as a matter of fact, he WILL be ready in May. Think about it, his fight next month will be his 3rd fight this year, so he'll be ready with 5 month's rest. Canelo would be forced to fight if FMJ comes at him, or he may get "frustrated into fighting" if May stays defensive and baits him in, and yes, it would sell pretty good. This is something that remains to be seen. When we think of FMJ opponents, you have to think MONEY first, then PROMOTION second. His opponents would already have had to have some kind of money/money potential attached to their name...even if the opponent doesn't realize it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
DubC
post Nov 15 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #38

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2011, 11:24 PM) *
Yeah Alexander brings no money to the table, but he's a live body (with little experience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ). On the other hand, Morales has much experience, but he has crazy fighter miles on him...but yet, he brings money (fan base) to the table. As far as Floyd's possible February opponent, I would PROBABLY give that to Sergio or Maidana, but yet, there wil be no time for promotion. Im just throwing those two out there because they haven't fought since August and October (early), so they may not be waaay out of shape, who knows.

As far as May is concerned, the prior two could be potentials (with room to fight a tune-up before Feb.). There would be a wider range of opponents fr May 5th...like Berto, Ortiz, Khan (maybe at the end of the year...Nov/Dec), Alexander, or Bradley's punk ass. The profitable opponents would more than likely be Ortiz (again), Khan (UK money, Pac/Roach/Ariza association, UK fan base), Berto, or Morales (because of the Mexican fan base). Let's not count out Canelo (which may very well be to early, but who knows).

If you haven't watched a game, then why suggest it to us? Guess we all gotta suffer, huh? Khan may very well be next, but I would expect to see that in November or Decemeber '12...gotta give Khan a couple of impressive WW fights. Martinez WILL come down to 54...hell, if he considered 150 for cramp-leg Pac, then he will do 54 for FMJ. Floyd may very well go up...up to 150! Hahahaha!!! You never know!

You're right, he wont be ready in Feb. since it would only be 2 months removed from his Dec. fight. He may very well be ready in May, as a matter of fact, he WILL be ready in May. Think about it, his fight next month will be his 3rd fight this year, so he'll be ready with 5 month's rest. Canelo would be forced to fight if FMJ comes at him, or he may get "frustrated into fighting" if May stays defensive and baits him in, and yes, it would sell pretty good. This is something that remains to be seen. When we think of FMJ opponents, you have to think MONEY first, then PROMOTION second. His opponents would already have had to have some kind of money/money potential attached to their name...even if the opponent doesn't realize it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks C

I thought about Maidana too, which would get his ASS handed to him...The only thing he has is power...He can sell fights due to his power, but he doesn't bring the huge Mexican fan base that Canelo or Morales brings...

This is very unlikely, but we should also expect a surprise...Dzinziruk would be a good build up for a Sergio fight-Sergio whooped his ass and knocked him down 5 times...This probably wouldn't sell a whole lot, but it would set up a HUGE event for May\Serg on Cinco de Mayo...Easy to promote, quite a few people buy fights just to see FMJ lose and him winning a UD vs a guy that Sergio kicked the living shit out of would be good for promotion to those that want to see a May loss (in addition to those that follow him because he is a and expert at the "sweet science") Not likely to happen, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

Also, I considered Guerrero-but VERY doubtful he would be ready by Feb...He would be a much better opponent that Devon or Morales imo, but then again it wouldn't even come close to selling as well as a Morales fight (which would only be acceptable if we had to choose between the three)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 15 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 15 2011, 01:13 AM) *
Thanks C

I thought about Maidana too, which would get his ASS handed to him...The only thing he has is power...He can sell fights due to his power, but he doesn't bring the huge Mexican fan base that Canelo or Morales brings...

This is very unlikely, but we should also expect a surprise...Dzinziruk would be a good build up for a Sergio fight-Sergio whooped his ass and knocked him down 5 times...This probably wouldn't sell a whole lot, but it would set up a HUGE event for May\Serg on Cinco de Mayo...Easy to promote, quite a few people buy fights just to see FMJ lose and him winning a UD vs a guy that Sergio kicked the living shit out of would be good for promotion to those that want to see a May loss (in addition to those that follow him because he is a and expert at the "sweet science") Not likely to happen, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

Also, I considered Guerrero-but VERY doubtful he would be ready by Feb...He would be a much better opponent that Devon or Morales imo, but then again it wouldn't even come close to selling as well as a Morales fight (which would only be acceptable if we had to choose between the three)

I believe that you did mention Maidana, cant really remember though. Maidana would put up a fight (in his own mind), but get outclassed anyway. Dzinziruk would honestly be a waste, especially if Sergio ran all over him (I remember). Floyd needs no tune-up for Sergio, Sergio needs a tune-up for Floyd...maybe not for competition necessarily, but a bigger fan base. At this point of Floyd's career, he's looking for somebody that has either collateral or a fan base, or both.

Yeah I agree, Guerrero would be too soon (for Guerrero) and Morales would be a likely pick, though its been denied. Alvarez is a great pick, but that may be a bit too soon as well, though he has a crazy fan base. I dont think Oscar is ready to buss Canelo's bubble that quick, especially if he's bringing in money like this. I still dont know how to call it at this point, I would give it about 6 weeks, then start making more predictions. It all depends on fighters' fight pattern and which one has a large time frame in between thats closer to FMJ's comfortable fight date.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 15 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Um.. idk about Canelo being more of a challenge then ortiz come on now he still very green. Idk of Canelo has fought a guy with half the power/speed of ortiz and he's in a heavier weight class. Lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:35 AM