IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Morales vs. Garcia-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Judah-Paris Card
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #101

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Did anybody else catch the ugly 118 - 109 score card in favor Garcia??? Seriously, that card shouldn't have been in favor of either fighter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 25 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #102

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Good round by Garcia, but he's killing me with his bullshit! Its like he's fighting a bully...he hits him with a punch, then has that, "oh shit, I just threw a punch" look on his face.

Erik came back at the end though, then came with the fake overhand combo. Good stuff!

Damn right!

I love the way old great fighters, even in defeat, manage to school the youngsters.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #103

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 25 2012, 05:22 PM) *
Damn right!

I love the way old great fighters, even in defeat, manage to school the youngsters.

Yep! Morales gives us a better fight than most of the new age fighters. He's the best at schooling guys, as you mentioned. Seriously though, this fight was closer than those bullshit cards stated.

Morales won most of the rounds, and when Garcia had control of rounds (which he had no idea of), he was simply lost. As I've watched a few Garcia fights...he is a patient fighter who explodes when the opportunity presents itself, but last night, he had several of those "Uhhh, okayyyy, what next?" moments.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 25 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #104

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 25 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Yep! Morales gives us a better fight than most of the new age fighters. He's the best at schooling guys, as you mentioned. Seriously though, this fight was closer than those bullshit cards stated.

Morales won most of the rounds, and when Garcia had control of rounds (which he had no idea of), he was simply lost. As I've watched a few Garcia fights...he is a patient fighter who explodes when the opportunity presents itself, but last night, he had several of those "Uhhh, okayyyy, what next?" moments.

I can't lie, that shit started to piss me off. Garcia would have Morales on his toes, then he'd stop... FOR NO FUCKIN' REASON!

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 25 2012, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 26 2012, 02:30 AM
Post #105

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think Garcia made the same mistake maidana did. Got a little over confident, I would pay top dollar to watch morales marquez still even though I think marquez eventually stops him or wins by good margin on the cards.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 26 2012, 04:40 AM
Post #106

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 24 2012, 10:02 PM) *
I'm having to restrain myself from saying all the terrible things that I want to be done to Gayle Van Hoye for the sake of being decent....

...but let's just say that the thoughts in my head would give Patrick Bateman nightmares.

It was very confusing watching the live call of Kirkland-Molina. I was like WTF? The replay cleared things up a little bit though. Molina's people were in the ring when the count was still going on, so that is grounds for a DQ unfortunately according to the rules. This is sort of what happened in Barrera-Jones I. Marco's corner came into the ring and got their fighter DQ:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:15196

The sad thing is that it happened when James scored that big knockdown. We will never know if he could have finished or not. I had it 8-1-1 for Molina. 7-3 Molina is possible and the closest I could go for Kirkland.

Texas apparently likes the Corner Only rule for the 4th and 8th round Open Scoring in WBC Title Fights. Still don't like it. But it's better than announcing the cards to everyone. If Texas does not want to follow Unified Rules, they should disban from the Association of Boxing Commissions. If they want to be a part of the ABC, you don't use any form of Open Scoring, whether it is a WBC title fight or not.

Jack

PS. I had Garcia up something like 9-3 or 8 to 4 against Morales. CShel, gotta disagree, I think Garcia did well against Morales, but it was due to Erik's age more than anything else.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 26 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #107

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 26 2012, 03:30 AM) *
I think Garcia made the same mistake maidana did. Got a little over confident

I want to agree with you on this, but honestly, I cant recall what the hell Garcia was doing after a while. He had aggressive moments (where punches would land), then he just stopped, and then...hell...I dont know.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 26 2012, 05:40 AM) *
I had Garcia up something like 9-3 or 8 to 4 against Morales. CShel, gotta disagree, I think Garcia did well against Morales, but it was due to Erik's age more than anything else.

I stopped scoring after a while, to be honest. I think I was going off of what Garcia didn't finish, rather than what he landed. With that in mind, I watched how Erik took advantage of some of those moments of uncertainty by Garcia.

Danny had a nasty counter hook, whether it landed or not, and it Erik at bay for most of the fight. Now, I didn't agree with their score cards at all, especially that hideous 118 - 109 card in favor of Garcia.

Age was apparent in the fight, unlike the Maidana and Cano fight. I believe he looked better in the Maidana fight because he had to fight for his life, and the Cano fight was pretty much a stay busy fight.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 26 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #108

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Seemed to me Garcia came in with a "fuck Morales, I'll beat that old man" attitude and realized once the bell chimed that he wasn't going to run right through him.

Morales was moving his feet and upper body throughout the fight and it seemed like Garcia did not want to risk throwing hard and getting countered.

To be honest, I thought Garcia fought a smart fight. That is not to say he convincingly trounced Morales, but he earned the win.

Morales was trying to coax Garcia into throwing dummie shots the whole night, a strategy that worked off and on. When I saw Garcia pause and rethink what he was doing, it seemed to me he was preventing himself from engaging too wholly in the fight Morales wanted and instead trying to place his shots to disrupt Morales rhythm.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 26 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #109

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Molina out fought Kirkland and I am surprise Molina isn't higher in the boxing ranks. He is a solid boxer 0 punching power but has great IQ. Kirkland got his Christmas gift earlier because he was been taken to school. The ref I guess did a legal call but it was unnecessary. Sad really, the decision needs to be overruled and they should have a mandatory rematch in CHICAGO!

Erick Morales showed heart I was not impressed with Garcia. Best part of the card was no Larry Merchant. He would have been negative the entire night. I hope it stays like it.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:39 AM